P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Post by SilverFreedoms » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Clouds = Winter ?
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:04 pm

You get the point.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Only chiming in because I read "one of the four" to mean "don't use two, three, or all four" as well.

However it does say "inspired by one of the four" and if you make a video to all four seasons, then yes, one of the four has inspired you.

Although, that's like saying "I'm going to eat one of these chocolates" then having "another one" aaaand then before you know it you've eaten the whole box. :3

Doesn't say "just one" so that's that. :P

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:07 pm

Any word on how many people will be eliminated this round? The original chart hasn't been updated for us having 32 people instead of 16.
Image Image

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Someone just needs to use this song because it is perfect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzcsYOSFLJ8
Little sad I am not in it this year but it turns out college is a thing. So good luck to everyone.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Zanzaben wrote:Someone just needs to use this song because it is perfect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzcsYOSFLJ8
Little sad I am not in it this year but it turns out college is a thing. So good luck to everyone.
God bless you.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Rendakor wrote:Any word on how many people will be eliminated this round? The original chart hasn't been updated for us having 32 people instead of 16.
I will update as soon as I get home.

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:40 pm

o0o0o0oo0o0o0o
Found my idea!
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Just showing visual representations of the seasons might quality for the theme but it won't exactly score you high points in terms of concept. At least not for me. Remember we're not just looking for random season scenes, you still need a theme to tie it together. For example if you were to pick "Spring", that doesn't mean you need to show flowers blooming in every scene or lots of rivers and mountains and stuff. Spring also gives off the impression of birth, renewal, growth, new beginnings, life etc. There's a lot of connotations, picking one or more of those and creating a video centered around it will still fit the theme and also earn you bonus points for being original and creative. Like Code said on the first page, it doesn't need to be a literal representation of the theme, as long your season(s) are recognizable then you can go as wild as you want for your ideas.

I don't wanna watch 32 videos with just clouds or sun either. :|

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:41 pm

AimoAio wrote:Just showing visual representations of the seasons might quality for the theme but it won't exactly score you high points in terms of concept. At least not for me. Remember we're not just looking for random season scenes, you still need a theme to tie it together. For example if you were to pick "Spring", that doesn't mean you need to show flowers blooming in every scene or lots of rivers and mountains and stuff. Spring also gives off the impression of birth, renewal, growth, new beginnings, life etc. There's a lot of connotations, picking one or more of those and creating a video centered around it will still fit the theme and also earn you bonus points for being original and creative. Like Code said on the first page, it doesn't need to be a literal representation of the theme, as long your season(s) are recognizable then you can go as wild as you want for your ideas.

I don't wanna watch 32 videos with just clouds or sun either. :|
Lots of this right here. I felt like screaming this last summer. For a lot of these themes that Code uses, there's a wealth of established literary symbolism present across tons of cultures. You don't need to reinvent the wheel or try to bullshit your way into technically fitting the theme if you look at it the right way. Use it to your advantage, and form your idea around the theme, and you'll do well.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”