P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Kimberly
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Post by Kimberly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 am

Kimberly wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
RAWdangers wrote:I say we stop getting on the judges case and telling them how to judge before even one round of judging. No matter what every judge is going to judge slightly differently and its not up to the competitors to decide how they should judge.
But the coordinator has laid out how the judges should judge. I'm only asking that they follow the standard of judging set out by the coordinator. Of which, originality isn't mentioned or clearly defined. The standards, as they are currently written, are clear and I want to make sure the judges are being fair when they are doing their job.
I just wanted to ask, out of curiosity, and I'm not going to change any scores. But how would you judge theme then? Since originality isn't included, would you give full points for the theme if they chose to do Summer and just put a bunch of Summer scenes in their video?
Correction: Beach, boobs and scenes with the sun. That typa stuff.
ImageImage

RAWdangers
Org Profile

Post by RAWdangers » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:36 am

Pwolf wrote:
But the coordinator has laid out how the judges should judge. I'm only asking that they follow the standard of judging set out by the coordinator. Of which, originality isn't mentioned or clearly defined. The standards, as they are currently written, are clear and I want to make sure the judges are being fair when they are doing their job.
But that's your own interpretation of the rules. A judge may see the rules and interpret concept as having some originality. While you think its laid our perfectly clearly, I think there's plenty of room for interpretation in the code's standards. These are guidelines for the judges, not strict code. And judging in its very essence is based on a lot of opinion. If we were able to numerically assign a score to every video based on some completely fair and logical scale there would be no need for people to judge. However, we can't do that. Thus we must rely on people with opinions to do their best. Each judge has a different opinion on what meets concept standards and what doesn't and they are entitled to that opinion.

We are creating a problem where one doesn't even exist yet. Have a little faith in the judges to do their job.

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 am

I disagree RAWdangers; the only fair time to discuss judging, criteria, etc. is now, before the first round of scores has been posted. To do so afterwards would just seem like complaining because Video X won while Video Y lost, and thus unlikely to result in any change for that or future rounds.
Image Image

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:21 am

Kimberly wrote: I just wanted to ask, out of curiosity, and I'm not going to change any scores. But how would you judge theme then? Since originality isn't included, would you give full points for the theme if they chose to do Summer and just put a bunch of Summer scenes in their video?
First off, can I figure out what the theme is based on the concept of the video? In this round's case, can I tell which season they are trying to portray? Secondly, how well are they incorporating the theme into their concept? Is is just a video set in spring/winter/fall/summer or is it actually part of their concept? If it's just a video with no conceptual connection to the theme, then I would give them points for at least using the theme in their video but not for actually using the theme in any meaningful way.

Without going into too much about which video was mine, I tried to show my season as a source or remembrance for the character's involved. It wasn't so much about the season but more about the memories during that time of year and how much that means to the characters. Wither or not you as the judge could figure that out would determine how many points I got in both concept and theme. It's my job as the editor to best visualize my concept so that you can understand it. As a judge, if I am not able to do that then the video would just look like a video set in some random season to you.
RAWdangers wrote: Each judge has a different opinion on what meets concept standards and what doesn't and they are entitled to that opinion.
This is why guidelines are used, so that there is no confusion. Don't get me wrong, you are allowed to have an opinion within the guidelines but follow the guidelines as they are laid out, not what your opinion might be of the guidelines. What's the point of having standards if no one follows them? Hell, this statement says it all:
Each video will be judged based upon the following criteria:
Not "could be judged" or "may be judged" "Will". I expect the videos to be judged as outlined, not "as outlined based on what the judges think it should be".

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 am

Fuck originality, as long as there was some boobies in the hot summer sun, I expect to see good scores on videos like that.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:11 am

Oh, cool~
Debates OwO~
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:12 am

I just wanted to tell everyone that due to me being extremely exhausted from running a convention this weekend, I still haven't gotten all of my scores in. I'm judging everything right now, but its gonna take just a little bit more time. So everybody, don't blame Code for not having the scores ready right now.

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 am

kireblue wrote:I just wanted to tell everyone that due to me being extremely exhausted from running a convention this weekend, I still haven't gotten all of my scores in. I'm judging everything right now, but its gonna take just a little bit more time. So everybody, don't blame Code for not having the scores ready right now.
Aw, Erik! You're a good guy~
We approve your honesty, sir~
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:37 am

RAWdangers wrote:These are guidelines for the judges, not strict code.
I GET IT
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 am

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Fuck originality, as long as there was some boobies in the hot summer sun, I expect to see good scores on videos like that.
aww yeaa |:>

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”