Project OrgEditor Season 3 : Information/Registration (Full)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Project OrgEditor Season 3 : Information/Registration (Full)

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:56 am

Project OrgEditor Season 3 : The King of Spring

Welcome one and all to the third season of Project OrgEditor, a contest sponsored by AnimeMusicVideos.org, and yours truely, CodeZTM. It is time once again for editors across the globe to gather together and compete for the title of Project OrgEditor champion, and join our Hall of Fame, alongside champions of the past.

So let's get right into it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contest Information

Project OrgEditor Season 3 is a single-elimination tournament, where we start with a large group of editors, have them edit to a particular theme challenge, and the lowest scoring videos of each round are eliminated from the competition. We then repeat the process for a total of 4 rounds of competing until we are left with our final 3 competitors who will go at it in the final round to fight for the championship.

What will the themes be? That's a secret to all until the time is right! Though, here is a preview of your weeks to come:
Spoiler :
Note: The number of competitors listed is only an estimate. The numbers will be changed to reflect the proper number of competitors, though not to exceed 32 individuals. Dates will be adhered to, to the best of my and the judges' ability.

February 22 – 28 - Open Registration

March 1st-8th
Round 1 : “The King of Spring” (32 Competitors)

March 9th – March 10th
Round 1 Judging

March 11th-18th
Round 2 : “3013” (22 competitors)

March 19th – 20th
Round 2 Judging

March 21th – 27th
Round 3 : “Mythical Tales” (12 Competitors)

March 28th – 29th
Round 3 Judging

March 31th – April 7th
Round 4 : “Favoritism” (6 competitors)

April 8th – April 9th
Round 4 Judging

April 10th – 16th
Round 5 : “Persona” ( 3 Competitors)

April 17th – 18th
Round 5 Judging
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contest Rules

Section 1 : Expectation of Entrants

Entrants are expected to compete in each and every round. Please DO NOT sign up if you do not have the time/energy to enter the competition. It is a weekly edit for 5 weeks, with only 2 days rest in between rounds for judging. If you cannot commit, do NOT compete.

Entrants may join as an individual or a partnership (not to exceed 2 editors total).

Entrants are accepted on a first-come first-serve basis.

Entrants agree for their videos to be used in future contest promotional material, with proper credit given to the editors involved.

Entrants are expected to treat other entrants with respect. Rudness/flaming/disrespect will NOT be tolerated.

Entrants agree that any violations of any rules will result in a disqualification from our contest.

Section 2 : Rounds

Entrants will compete in “rounds” of competition. There are five rounds overall, and each round will have a specific “theme challenge” that editors will have to create their videos in accordance with.

At the end of the judging for each round, the lowest scoring videos (in accordance with elimination numbers assigned beforehand) will be eliminated. Bonus points are awarded to the top 3 videos in each round. These bonus points will be applied to all future video scores in every subsequent round.

Each round of competition shall last for one week each. Videos are due by the end of the day (23:59:59 CST) on THAT day. To account for time zones, editors should contact me before each round to confirm when their video is due. Countdown clocks will be provided for your benefit. A few hours of consideration will be granted for uploading and time zones, if (and only if) I am contacted beforehand and given a SOLID time of when I can expect the video to be sent to me.

Section 3 : Content / Technical / Uploading

All AMVs entered into this contest must meet a-m-v.org standards of uploading. Meaning that if it cannot be uploaded to a-m-v.org, you cannot enter it into our contests.

Each video (upon completion) must be sent to me via a reputable file sharing service. You may NOT upload your video to the public until the end of the judging phase for that particular round. Videos will be shared with the public (anonymously) via the google drive system and their preview option.

Videos must be in the following formats:
Containers: AVI, MP4, MKV
Video Codec(s): H.264, XviD, DivX (5, 6 and 7)
Audio Codec(s): MP3, AAC,

AMVs must be less than 150 MB, unless an applicable reason is given otherwise.

Section 4 : Judging

Judges will be public, but judging will be blind. Videos MUST retain their anonymity until the end of the round to ensure this. Judges have been instructed to leave short comments regarding the scores given and their overall opinion of your videos. Also, if you're reading this, congratulations for actually reading the entire thread! Please note that you should put an icon/picture of a wizard in your registration post. Posts without wizards will not be considered.

Each video will be judged based upon the following criteria:

Concept: 20 Points
Visual/Audio: 20 Points
Sync/Editing: 20 Points
Theme Challenge: 20 Points
Overall: 20 Points

Concept: If the video has a point to it. Is it 3 minutes of footage slapped onto a song, or is there a purpose behind the editing? While it doesn't necessarily have to have a story, it should still have a purpose/theme behind it.

Visual/Audio: Technical aspect of the video. 10 points for visual and 10 points for audio. Is the footage as clean as it can be? Is the audio as script and clear as can be? Please be sure to take note that older sources will not be penalized for being an old source.

Sync/Editing: How well the video was edited/synced to the music. Does the video and music work well together? Did the editor actually edit the video?

Theme Challenge: How well the video addressed the theme challenge. Does the video attempt to take the challenge into account, or is it just a video for the sake of being a video?

Overall: How the video comes together as a whole. Does the editing/sync, the theme challenge, the technical qualities and the concept meld together well?

Meet The Judges

Let's meet our wonderful panel of judges for this year!

AimoAio: AimoAio has been a wonderful member of the community for a long time, and always has something to say about videos. Her critiques are fair, detailed and she is often the kind of person you'd want to beta test or review your video!

Jaddziadax: Long time member of a-m-v.org, Jaddziadax has just about seen it all! Having been here since 2004, she is sure to bring a veteran's eye to the field of judging for this year's contest.

Kimberly: Having been closely involved with the Project Editors of the past, Kimberly is jumping into the judge's seat this year. She is a fine critic, and definitely knows how to speak her mind!

kireblue: Director of MomoCon's AMV Department, kireblue knows a thing or two about AMV contests, and has been involved with Project Editor for many years. He is a fair and balanced judge, and is often part of a judging/beta/review panel for many here at a-m-v.org.

Nya-Chan Production: A co-host and prior champion of the Project Editor series, Nya-Chan Production has been involved in the contest for quite some time now. Nya's been in your shoes, and knows what you're about to go through, and definitely knows a thing or two about judging.

Shin-AMV: Shin-AMV is the previous Project Editor Champion of season 2, and is a well known editor around these parts. He knows the trials you shall soon face, as well as the ends and outs of the editing itself!

Prizes

The champion shall recieve the honorary title of Champion, alongside a custom ribbon on the winning video's profile page! You will also snag a $100 Amazon Gift through your e-mail!

The runner up shall be granted a $50 Amazon gift card through your e-mail!

The fan favorite video of the contest from any round (as chosen by the viewers of a-m-v.org at the end of the contest) will receive a $25 gift card through your email!

To Sign Up

1) First, read this thread in its entirety! Very important. :sorcerer:
2) Second, post in this thread with your username and let me know that you want to compete!
3) Check the front page and make sure you are properly listed.
4) Join us again on March 1st, when the contest will begin!

Meet Our Competitors!

1. Kisanzi
3. afanador
4. Rendakor
5. RAWdangers
6. LopezAMV
7. Animated
10. sakuraslight
11. Eake4
14. mumsee
16. Iron Solari
25. SilverFreedoms
32. Radical_Yue

2. inthesto
8. chaosgod357
9. Drango
12. AMV_4000 & Tardo
13. Pwolf
15. chit
17. Kitsuner
18. hamstar138
19. xPauChan
20. Amaterasu
21. MycathatesyouAMV
22. NikkuMan
23. AngelDragoon
24. HiikariAMV
26. ngsilver
27. meleechampion
28. NS
29. Ghet
30. 000ChangingHearts000
31. Mamo!
Last edited by CodeZTM on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 42 times in total.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor Season 3 : Information/Registration

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 am

I fixed your first post. It was missing something.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 am

Entrants may join as an individual or a partnership (not to exceed 2 editors total).
Would like some elaboration on this <__< Does this mean one person can edit one week and the other does the next? I'm confused.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 am

pacotacoshell wrote:
Would like some elaboration on this <__< Does this mean one person can edit one week and the other does the next? I'm confused.
No, it would have to be a collaborative effort on every video. Just a new option I'm trying out this year.

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 am

This edition looks cool, but I'll have too much things when it will start.

Stil good luck to all participants! Conquer everything !

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 am

I don't know if this time i join.. i'm are a little busy..
But good luck to all! :)

ChaosGod
Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am
Org Profile

Post by ChaosGod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:01 am

:up: Count me in,, sounds like too much fun to pass up |:>

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:02 am

It was fun last time, so why not? I'll throw my hat in the ring again.

Kisanzi

Image (It's a "Wizard", so it counts. :P)

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 am

Let's bring the old school back. I'm in.

Yeah I know he plays for the Nuggets now but whatever.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”