Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Re: The "I Just Don't Know What Went Wrong!" Thread

Postby GloryQuestor » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:18 pm

lolligerjoj wrote:
dokidoki wrote:Non-AMV in database.

I thought Japanese games count as well

The video game footage must have been primarily developed and published in Japan to qualify for the requirement. Unfortunately, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is not of Japanese origin. It was developed primarily by MercurySteam, a development team which is based out of Spain. Kojima Productions and Konami were only involved at an advisory level and handled publishing of the game, but left MercurySteam to fully develop the game. Therefore, it does not meet the requirement.

Rider4Z wrote: isn't showing up for anything.

When you select a category to vote in, for any video that you don't see in a particular category, you can always click "All Videos" in the box with the category labels at the top of the nomination lists. This box is the filter selection -- it allows you to filter the nomination list by the tags that the creator gave the video. For example, if you want to select Synthetic Heroine for certain awards, click "All Videos" and then do a browser search for the video title.
( :| Serious Business Studios :| )
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Postby redbull » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:06 am

So Affective Schoolgirls doesn't qualify because of some old 2011 video? It's kinda dumb... Should author delete that non-anime video or what?
redbull

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 am

redbull wrote:So Affective Schoolgirls doesn't qualify because of some old 2011 video? It's kinda dumb... Should author delete that non-anime video or what?

To qualify for next year's contest, yes. The system doesn't DQ videos for breaking the rules, it DQs editors.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Animated » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 am

But can't there be an exception to this rule? I mean, this video is about to win more than 2 awards... it would be a shame to be DQ'd for no particular reason.
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:09 am

I sure hope not. That'd start a terribly complicated precedent that runs contrary to years of past rulings.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby diegao94 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:11 am

Animated wrote:But can't there be an exception to this rule? I mean, this video is about to win more than 2 awards... it would be a shame to be DQ'd for no particular reason.

x2
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter
diegao94
Enjoy the music

Postby Cecco » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:26 am

I'd like to know why I am not in several categories in which I should be.Thank you!
Cecco
Biscotto

Postby AceD » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:30 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I sure hope not. That'd start a terribly complicated precedent that runs contrary to years of past rulings.
Nothing like trying to make a mountain out of a molehill is there?

He shouldn't be DQ for a video not even relevant to this years VCA, that is ridiculous, and should be changed.
AceD
I AM THE BEST

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm

diegao94 wrote:
Animated wrote:But can't there be an exception to this rule? I mean, this video is about to win more than 2 awards... it would be a shame to be DQ'd for no particular reason.

x2

x3
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Yeah can we just ditch the uber retarded disqualifying rule ?
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby Taite » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Not to jump in out of place or anything, I haven't even seen Affective Schoolgirls, but one of the rules of the VCA's is that you can't have a non-anime video in the database, or you're DQ'd from ever being allowed to participate? I'm sorry, but why is this a rule? I don't quite understand how that is at all relevant. I don't believe in exceptions, but I also don't believe in ridiculous rules. Correct me if I interpreted it wrong though, perhaps I misread.
Image Image
Taite

Postby LantisEscudo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Taite wrote:Not to jump in out of place or anything, I haven't even seen Affective Schoolgirls, but one of the rules of the VCA's is that you can't have a non-anime video in the database, or you're DQ'd from ever being allowed to participate? I'm sorry, but why is this a rule? I don't quite understand how that is at all relevant. I don't believe in exceptions, but I also don't believe in ridiculous rules. Correct me if I interpreted it wrong though, perhaps I misread.

The rule is that if you have non-anime videos in your profile, you're DQed until you have the video(s) in question deleted. The deadline to have that taken care of to participate this year was February 22nd. That's pretty clearly spelled out on the Eligibility Page.
LantisEscudo

Postby seriy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 pm

I deleted my non-anime entry (Dark Times). Didn't even know about this rule. Is there any way my Affective Schoolgirls would be qualified for this year VCA?
seriy

Postby kireblue » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:00 am

LantisEscudo wrote:
Taite wrote:Not to jump in out of place or anything, I haven't even seen Affective Schoolgirls, but one of the rules of the VCA's is that you can't have a non-anime video in the database, or you're DQ'd from ever being allowed to participate? I'm sorry, but why is this a rule? I don't quite understand how that is at all relevant. I don't believe in exceptions, but I also don't believe in ridiculous rules. Correct me if I interpreted it wrong though, perhaps I misread.

The rule is that if you have non-anime videos in your profile, you're DQed until you have the video(s) in question deleted. The deadline to have that taken care of to participate this year was February 22nd. That's pretty clearly spelled out on the Eligibility Page.

......how about we just not allow non anime videos to be added to the database in the first place? Why do we allow them to be added if we are just gonna penalize the editor for it later?
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
kireblue

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 AnimeMusicVideos.Org Viewer's Choice Awards