The "I Just Don't Know What Went Wrong!" Thread

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: The "I Just Don't Know What Went Wrong!" Thread

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:09 am

I sure hope not. That'd start a terribly complicated precedent that runs contrary to years of past rulings.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:11 am

Animated wrote:But can't there be an exception to this rule? I mean, this video is about to win more than 2 awards... it would be a shame to be DQ'd for no particular reason.
x2
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:26 am

I'd like to know why I am not in several categories in which I should be.Thank you!

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:30 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I sure hope not. That'd start a terribly complicated precedent that runs contrary to years of past rulings.
Nothing like trying to make a mountain out of a molehill is there?

He shouldn't be DQ for a video not even relevant to this years VCA, that is ridiculous, and should be changed.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm

diegao94 wrote:
Animated wrote:But can't there be an exception to this rule? I mean, this video is about to win more than 2 awards... it would be a shame to be DQ'd for no particular reason.
x2
x3
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Yeah can we just ditch the uber retarded disqualifying rule ?
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Not to jump in out of place or anything, I haven't even seen Affective Schoolgirls, but one of the rules of the VCA's is that you can't have a non-anime video in the database, or you're DQ'd from ever being allowed to participate? I'm sorry, but why is this a rule? I don't quite understand how that is at all relevant. I don't believe in exceptions, but I also don't believe in ridiculous rules. Correct me if I interpreted it wrong though, perhaps I misread.
Image Image

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Taite wrote:Not to jump in out of place or anything, I haven't even seen Affective Schoolgirls, but one of the rules of the VCA's is that you can't have a non-anime video in the database, or you're DQ'd from ever being allowed to participate? I'm sorry, but why is this a rule? I don't quite understand how that is at all relevant. I don't believe in exceptions, but I also don't believe in ridiculous rules. Correct me if I interpreted it wrong though, perhaps I misread.
The rule is that if you have non-anime videos in your profile, you're DQed until you have the video(s) in question deleted. The deadline to have that taken care of to participate this year was February 22nd. That's pretty clearly spelled out on the Eligibility Page.

seriy
Org Profile

Post by seriy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 pm

I deleted my non-anime entry (Dark Times). Didn't even know about this rule. Is there any way my Affective Schoolgirls would be qualified for this year VCA?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:00 am

LantisEscudo wrote:
Taite wrote:Not to jump in out of place or anything, I haven't even seen Affective Schoolgirls, but one of the rules of the VCA's is that you can't have a non-anime video in the database, or you're DQ'd from ever being allowed to participate? I'm sorry, but why is this a rule? I don't quite understand how that is at all relevant. I don't believe in exceptions, but I also don't believe in ridiculous rules. Correct me if I interpreted it wrong though, perhaps I misread.
The rule is that if you have non-anime videos in your profile, you're DQed until you have the video(s) in question deleted. The deadline to have that taken care of to participate this year was February 22nd. That's pretty clearly spelled out on the Eligibility Page.
......how about we just not allow non anime videos to be added to the database in the first place? Why do we allow them to be added if we are just gonna penalize the editor for it later?

Return to “2013 AnimeMusicVideos.Org Viewer's Choice Awards”