Re: PE:TTT Round 2 Results

Post by irriadin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Congrats to everyone!

Now to start taking this seriously...

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Sorry but I laughed a bit at that judges view of an OTP. Kim and Nya's video was a good example of A LOT of people's OTP.

Since you know, an OTP is what a person considers to be their own favourite pairing.

I agree with the results in general. I loved TLP-long name here's video. :ying: I thought Wake Up's video had a lot of potential, especially with the song choice, but I felt that they put less time into this round than they did last round, since I really liked that video.

Can't wait to see the Round 3 videos. :ying:
Rawr desu <3

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Someday I might be able to understand the mind of the judges are have a somewhat similar view of the world but the more and more of these PE's I do the less and less I feel like that will happen.
Oh well gratz to everyone that won.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:32 pm

No detailed score breakdown ?
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Wow, those judges had entirely opposing views on our video.
That's kinda funny.

I guess 2 of them got it and 2 didn't.

P.S. I am now on yue's team.

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Chiiisus wrote: but I felt that they put less time into this round

TOUCHÉ

but next round is gonna be on a whole different level. we don't have choice anyway.

Last edited by ProjectBarcodeError on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:32 pm

I've just been spectating the contest so far, and one of the decisions really had me confused, so I went to look at the comments... it was really vague and made me quite curious who wrote it. So... who are the judges? And why aren't there more specific breakdowns of each of the videos, and from each judge? I don't see any need to conceal it, or if it isn't I guess I just haven't found it. Even though I trust you have very qualified judges, I'd still like to see comments from the judges and from who. You don't watch a TV contest like the X factor or anything without everyone giving critique, and I think that's what a lot of people are used to. I imagine it would be frustrating to be eliminated and not know why, or if the reason is completely absurd (not that any of them are), especially if this comes from a hidden person. I don't mean just for the eliminated teams either, I'd like to see why other videos were chosen.

I know all of these teams are really good sports, and I'm not going to defend any ill attitudes anyway, but as a spectator viewing this competition, as many I'm sure are, I'd really like to see comments from each judge (not even huge long opinions) and who they are. If even a comment is too much to ask of these mystery judges, I really don't see the fairness in the competition.

(Not criticizing Code or anyone else, trust me. Just half the entertainment quality comes from reading these comments. And mystery judges? Why? Sorry if they are out there and I just didn't find the right link :? )
Image Image

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Quick comment I'd like to make before I start typing up round three. This isn't a rage comment, don't worry, I just wanted to make a few things known and to talk about a few issues. :)

At the end of the contest I usually always have a small survey on how I can better improve my future contests. I encourage everyone to always feel free to comment on how the contest was run (spectators too) and what you feel needs to change. I run these contests for the users of the Org, and I look towards making them as happy as I can. Naturally, it's impossible to please everyone, but I do what I can. So PLEASE feel free to comment as Taite and others have done. I do not take things personally, and I will listen to what everyone has to say. :)

The OTP round was poorly worded on my part, mostly due to its general nature as the catchall "romance" round. However, it was worded in such a way that could cause confusion to multiple parties (as was seen here), and I apologize for this. I shall do my best in the future to assure that everyone sees the same picture when it comes to round themes. My theme committee and myself try to make sure things are easy to understand, but this just doesn't always happen. We goof. :(

I'd like to make it known that it was me at the beginning of the contest that did not require judge comments for this contest, and it was completely optional of them. The few that did, did so of their own time and desire to share their feelings (there is actually no space for comments in the sheet that I provide them). The judge's anonymity was also my decision, although they will be revealed at the end of the contest (I believe I mentioned this somewhere, but it's not expressly mentioned). The hidden factor during the main rounds of the contest was to prevent harassment after a round's scores were given. While I feel like not everyone here would do as such, not everyone involved in the contest are frequenters of this site.

However, comments I have received today and in the last round have shown me that the contestants desire feedback on their work. They also wish to know who is judging them, and possible wish for a direct conversation between the two sides. Speed is also a desire in seeing results. I believe these are reasonable requests, and ones which will be implemented in season 3 of Project OrgEditor in March/April of 2013.

Thank you all for your continued participation and watching of our contest. If you wish to speak with me on any matters, please do not hesitate to contact me further. I am a ghost on Skype, but my pm box is always open.

I'll now go type up round 3. Good luck to all of the contestants still competing, and thank you to all that have been involved and watching. :)

-Code

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 am

oh yes I probably should have wrote down, Congrats to our opponents. I knew you guys would win, I'm surprised it was as close as it was.

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:59 am

I'm not closely following the contest, but I wanted to say that I appreciate the work and the effort which Code put into every contest/event he organizes. And I'm happy to see that the videos come out pretty well every time and to see that some editors are improving and making new friends. Therefore, congratulations to Code and good luck to the participants! :bear:
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

Return to “Project Editor: Tag Team Trials”