Project Editor : Tag Team Trials (Contest Information/Rules)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Project Editor : Tag Team Trials (Contest Information/Rules)

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:05 pm

-----

Contest Information

Project Editor : Tag Team Trials (PE:TTT) is a bracket-styled team tournament that will pit teams of editors from around the AMV globe against one and other to attempt to find the very first team of Project Editor Champions! 16 teams will enter, but only one will leave with the crown. :)

Each match will be a regular team-styled 2 week iron chef match, but with the ever lovely Project Editor twist. Each match will have both teams editing a "theme challenge", which will require them to edit their AMV in different ways. Creativity is the key.

The contest will take a break from November 5th-12th to accommodate the AMV France Contest for contestants to enter if they so choose. More information will be given as it comes available.

The grand prize is a $100 Amazon gift card that will be split among the team members equally.

If you have any questions, you may contact me via pm here on the forums.

-----

Contest Rules

Section 1 : Team and Contest Information

All AMVs must be a team collaboration. Meaning that individuals cannot enter the contest, and AMVs must be a collaborative effort. HOWEVER, if you are an individual that would like to enter the contest but do not have a team, you may still sign up for one of the 2 reserved teams in the contest that will be assigned to individual editors.

There are only 14 spots open to teams, and 2 spots open to individuals who wish to enter the contest without a team and who will be randomized into the two teams (limit 5 per team).

Teams must be composed of at least 2 members and no more than 5 members. The only requirement for individuals is that they have an active a-m-v.org account. Contestants of all nationalities, skill level and communities are invited to compete. Judges, theme staff and coordination are not permitted entry, but a-m-v.org administration/moderation are permitted entry, granted that they do not fall in the previous catagories.

Teams are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.

The competition will officially begin on October 12th.

Section 2 : Matches

Upon starting the competition, each team will be sorted into a bracket based upon a random number generator.

From there, the matches will begin. Each match will have its own individual theme that the two rival teams in each match will be required to edit their AMV by. The teams will be scored and the winning AMV with the higher score will advance along the bracket. 8 matches for the first round. 4 matches for the second round. 2 matches for the semifinals, and naturally the last match will be for the championship finals.

Each match will last 2 weeks. The deadline for each match is 11:59 PM CST on a specific date that will be listed in each thread. A countdown clock will be provided for your convenience.

Section 3 : Content, Technical & Uploading

All AMVs entered into this contest must meet a-m-v.org standards of uploading. Meaning that if you cannot upload it to a-m-v.org, you cannot enter it into our contest.

All entries (upon completion) must be cataloged and uploaded to a-m-v.org's website, with all collaborators listed in the catalog entry. Upon competition of this, a simple pm to me will notify me of your AMV's status and I will update the main round page for each video provided.

Videos must be in one of the following formats:
Containers: AVI, MP4, MKV
Video Codec(s): H.264, XviD, DivX (5, 6 and 7),
Audio Codec(s): MP3, AAC,

All AMVs must be less than 150 MB, unless requested and with a acceptable reason.

Section 4: Contestant Expectations

1) Contestants are expected to treat other contestants with respect. Outright rudeness/flaming/disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
2) Contestants agree that violation of any of the above rules will result in a disqualification.
3) Contestants agree for their videos to be featured in future promotional material for future contests, with proper recognition given to editors involved.

Section 5: Judging Criteria / information

Judging will not be blind. Judge identities will remain a secret until the end of the competition.

Each video will be judged based upon the following points related criteria.

Concept: 20 Points
Visual/Audio: 20 Points
Sync/Editing: 20 Points
Theme Challenge: 20 Points
Overall: 20 Points

Concept: If the video has a point to it. Is it 3 minutes of footage slapped onto a song, or is there a purpose behind the editing? While it doesn't necessarily have to have a story, it should still have a purpose/theme behind it.

Visual/Audio: Technical aspect of the video. 10 points for visual and 10 points for audio. Is the footage as clean as it can be? Is the audio as script and clear as can be? Please be sure to take note that older sources will not be penalized for being an old source.

Sync/Editing: How well the video was edited/synced to the music. Does the video and music work well together? Did the editor actually edit the video?

Theme Challenge: How well the video addressed the theme challenge. Does the video attempt to take the challenge into account, or is it just a video for the sake of being a video?

Overall: How the video comes together as a whole. Does the editing/sync, the theme challenge, the technical qualities and the concept meld together well?

-----

tl;dr version:

Find a group of 2-5 friends to form a team. 16 teams will be sorted into a bracket by a random number generator. Each match (composed of 2 teams each) will have a different theme that they will be required to edit their video by. Everyone will get a flat 2 weeks per match. Videos will be judged and the winner of each match will move on to the next round of competition.

-----

If you've read everything in this thread, please note that the entry code is : :dino:
Last edited by CodeZTM on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Re: Project Editor : Tag Team Trials (Contest Information/Ru

Post by Animated » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm in. :dino:
So, question: Any video length limits?

and also,
CodeZTM wrote:Each match will be a regular team-styled 1 week iron chef match
Hey... it's 2 weeks, isn't it? :uhoh:

So excited for this :D

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Announced in France

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:31 pm

put me on a team.

I want a team.

Team we will be better than the chocolate vanilla and strawberry icecream.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:08 pm

CodeZTM wrote:2 week iron chef match
There's an oxymoron if ever I heard one.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:13 am

So each round each team makes 1 video? Or does each member make a video for each round? Sorry maybe it's too early but I was missing that info...

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:48 am

Looks like Ill have to sit out this one

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:39 am

Lord Rae wrote:So each round each team makes 1 video? Or does each member make a video for each round? Sorry maybe it's too early but I was missing that info...
Each team makes just 1 video per match.

Deemer
Org Profile

Post by Deemer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 am

I really wanna try my hand at this.
None of my friends are interested, I really hope I can find a team.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Alva Edison

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Man if only this was after akross. Worst timing for a contest when akross is around the corner. For people who are registered for it that is. I don't think I can join this though.. I would love to though. =/

Return to “Project Editor: Tag Team Trials”