The Semifinal Results (The Final 3 Are Here!)

siny
Org Profile

Re: The Semifinal Results (The Final 3 Are Here!)

Post by siny » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:06 am

Aw noooo Shin is no villain! <3

And I bring some bad news, but I'm still hopeful. Anyway here they are:
Spoiler :
For a few days now, my computer turns off on its own. At first I didn't pay much attention, cause it was happening at night after a few hours being on. And since it's been really hot here (around 40 degrees), I thought that might be the issue. But this morning I woke up a bit earlier for work and I turned it on. I was just with my browser opened, checking my mail, checking some videos on youtube and when I was rewatching Shin's video from round 4 (I'm not joking here lol, I really was! Cause it's featured on my channel).. puff! It was on for like 30 minutes or something and then it just turned off. No blue screen, it just turns off. His behavior is like when I restart the computer, he turns off but then he tries to turn on again. But that's it, he tries, he fails, he tries again and he fails. He would be like this for a while if I didn't turned it off completely. So right now, I have no idea what it could be.

Some hopeful news though, my brother is a pro with these kind of stuff and he's off from work until Monday. I left him a note so that when he wakes up, he goes to check and hopefully understands what's going on. Worst case scenario I might have to spend some money on hardware, but that's it. My disks are good, the internal ones and the external ones. So what worries me now is time, hopefully if I do have to spend some money on hardware, it doesn't take days to arrive or it's something that you can get anywhere. My computer is not that old either, so hopefully if I need just one piece, I don't have to buy everything new (that happened to me once).
Well, contest or not I still want my computer back :(
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 am

siny wrote:Aw noooo Shin is no villain! <3

Spoiler :
For a few days now, my computer turns off on its own. At first I didn't pay much attention, cause it was happening at night after a few hours being on. And since it's been really hot here (around 40 degrees), I thought that might be the issue. But this morning I woke up a bit earlier for work and I turned it on. I was just with my browser opened, checking my mail, checking some videos on youtube and when I was rewatching Shin's video from round 4 (I'm not joking here lol, I really was! Cause it's featured on my channel).. puff! It was on for like 30 minutes or something and then it just turned off. No blue screen, it just turns off. His behavior is like when I restart the computer, he turns off but then he tries to turn on again. But that's it, he tries, he fails, he tries again and he fails. He would be like this for a while if I didn't turned it off completely. So right now, I have no idea what it could be.

Some hopeful news though, my brother is a pro with these kind of stuff and he's off from work until Monday. I left him a note so that when he wakes up, he goes to check and hopefully understands what's going on. Worst case scenario I might have to spend some money on hardware, but that's it. My disks are good, the internal ones and the external ones. So what worries me now is time, hopefully if I do have to spend some money on hardware, it doesn't take days to arrive or it's something that you can get anywhere. My computer is not that old either, so hopefully if I need just one piece, I don't have to buy everything new (that happened to me once).
It sounds like one of you computer's memory sticks is blown. Depending on how much memory you have, you probably can just remove the blown memory stick (and not have to actually replace it). But depending on how many memory sticks you have installed in you computer, finding the blown memory stick can be turn into a game of trial and error.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:19 am

kireblue wrote:

Spoiler :

It sounds like one of you computer's memory sticks is blown. Depending on how much memory you have, you probably can just remove the blown memory stick (and not have to actually replace it). But depending on how many memory sticks you have installed in you computer, finding the blown memory stick can be turn into a game of trial and error.
The first thing I thought of was a possible problem with the power supply unit but... who knows better than Siny's brother! :P

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 am

Spoiler :

Well I have had similar problems in the past and one of the reasons was just overheating. So I would suggest that before you start thinking about replacing hardware, just open up your computer and dust out all the fans in computer (including the ones in your GPU and Power Supply). If that works then awesome and if it doesn't then you only wasted a few minutes doing something that you should probably be doing anyway.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:37 am

kireblue wrote:

Spoiler :

It's more likely a power supply issue than anything else. Bad RAM would (more than likely) cause the system to go into an error state, not completely reboot without warning, showing no error screen.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:41 am

Thank you all for advices! I'm going to clean it up first and see how that goes. Could be that, actually with 4 cats and a dog, it usually gets a loooot of dust. So I will try that first. My brother won't be able to do any tests until tomorrow, so if cleaning doesn't work, I'm gonna have to wait and see.
I don't want to push it though, cause these reboots can probably harm something else and that's the last thing I want lol
ImageImage
ImageImage

PantherMarie1988
Org Profile

Post by PantherMarie1988 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Paco, I'm really soooo happy you made it this far *O* *lending former majesty member support* My money is on you, so you'd better be awesome ^^
Hi There!
youtube / MAL / tumblr
Stalk Me On All Of Them To Receive A Cookie Reward

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”