Project OrgEditor Semifinals : A Good Good Year

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor Semifinals : A Good Good Year

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:39 am

Kisanzi wrote:Guys...guys...guys. Enough of this.

This is what I was saying...Within the first 10 minutes that this thread was posted, I checked it. The two posted links directed to the 2011 VCA/JCA winners, I watched a bunch of them to get ideas. Now, an hour later, the links direct to the 2012 VCA/JCA winners. That is all, there was never a question as to what is posted now, just what was originally posted. I guess this is the correct posting now, and I just spent the last hour watching the wrong vids.
No, Kisanzi was right. They were originally linked as the 2011 VCA Awards (which were 2010 videos, not 2011 videos). Within like a few seconds I realized "Well crap, that's wrong" and edited them to reflect the change. I did the same exact thing with the JCAs. I had assumed that I caught them and changed them before anyone noticed, but apparently I was incorrect in that assumption.

I mean the 2012 VCA/JCAs, which awarded videos made in 2011. The original links were due to my own confusion with the numbering system being a year different. The original paragraph states "videos made in 2011 that won a VCA/JCA".

My apologies to Kisanzi.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 am

also another quick question to go with my other question. Could we use the original's anime source just enough to set up a kind of homage to the original? Random example here, and anyone else is free to use it if its allowable, if I did safety dance and wanted the lucky star cast to kinda get up in the faces of the nichijou characters and be like "Yo, this is how you safety dance." And other similar scenarios across the spectrum, etc etc.

and P.S. man this is going to be a hard round. A lot of these concepts are time intensive lol.

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:23 am

Same question as Shin but also... I'm not sure about something, you basically want us to create something with the same song, different anime(s) but the exactly same concept, right?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:45 am

siny wrote:Same question as Shin but also... I'm not sure about something, you basically want us to create something with the same song, different anime(s) but the exactly same concept, right?
My guess is that it isn't exactly the same, but it needs to be identifiably similar.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:01 am

Shin-AMV wrote: and P.S. man this is going to be a hard round. A lot of these concepts are time intensive lol.
I swear, if nobody makes the idea that just popped into my head, I'm gonna make it right after POE, and the Disney MEP is over. I even thought up the perfect name for it :awesome:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:23 am

Shin-AMV wrote:also another quick question to go with my other question. Could we use the original's anime source just enough to set up a kind of homage to the original? Random example here, and anyone else is free to use it if its allowable, if I did safety dance and wanted the lucky star cast to kinda get up in the faces of the nichijou characters and be like "Yo, this is how you safety dance." And other similar scenarios across the spectrum, etc etc.

and P.S. man this is going to be a hard round. A lot of these concepts are time intensive lol.
Yes, that would be fine.

Shin-AMV wrote:
siny wrote:Same question as Shin but also... I'm not sure about something, you basically want us to create something with the same song, different anime(s) but the exactly same concept, right?
My guess is that it isn't exactly the same, but it needs to be identifiably similar.
Correct. It can be the same concept, but with a creative spin on it with your own editing style.

I direct you to Zombeolo, which was made in a very similar theme to last year.

Which was a creative re-creation of :

Ror0noaZoRo
Org Profile

Post by Ror0noaZoRo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:24 am

didnt got eliminated even thou i used one piece o.O
anyways i like the new theme and the competition is big so..
Spoiler :
SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:45 am

Ror0noaZoRo wrote:didnt got eliminated even thou i used one piece o.O
anyways i like the new theme and the competition is big so..
Spoiler :
SHIT JUST GOT REAL
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/3052 ... 51qqsw.png
Everyone loves the underdog :up: Great job mate! Whatever you need from now on, don't be afraid to ask me. Happy to see editors from my country doing justice with their works |:>

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Do videos that won special awards count?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:04 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:Do videos that won special awards count?
Can you explain a little further?

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”