Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:00 pm

PantherMarie1988 wrote:oh and thank you Video 09 *O* I didn't think I'd see anyone edit with princess tutu because the source is nowhere available in 1080p xD haha - eat that "picky quality" judges! I usually love any video with Rue x3

I don't get what everyone's obsession with 1080p is....and honestly, I'm getting really annoyed by people taking footage that is normally 480p and blowing it up to 1080p or 720p, destroying the quality.

Just because it's standard definition doesn't mean it's bad, it just means it wasn't one of the lucky shows to be produced in the 1080p era or remastered + upscaled.

Bigger ≠ Better

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

But bigger ===> better...

... Oh wait, you aren't talking about sex sorry :mrgreen:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:18 pm

MimS wrote:But bigger ===> better...

... Oh wait, you aren't talking about sex sorry :mrgreen:

Thank you for getting the obligatory penis joke out of the way. =w=

This is why we keep you around. ;)

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:29 pm

No, that's what I'm for.
Why didn't you wake me up?!
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:29 pm

(out of the blue from the Quickening thread)

Did anybody say "sex"? :nose:

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:03 pm

We are still getting judged by the end of today right ? I hate the wait =O
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm still waiting on 2 more judges. I'm not quite sure how much longer they're to be, though I will send them a message.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:11 pm

A few thoughts of mines for those interested to hear what this randomer has to say. :mrgreen: If you want a really detailed breakdown then feel free to PM me, no guarantees I won't start writing essays though. :twisted: I'm kidding.

Video 1:
Spoiler :
Didn't really like the drastic difference in quality between the movie and the TV anime but considering it's sorta old, can't really complain much about it. >__> The video itself is not bad, but the editing felt a little generic so it doesn't really stand out as being very memorable.
Video 2:
Spoiler :
Damn, that was SO GOOD. You chose the perfect music to complement your source (which I've heard of but haven't seen, will be checking it out ASAP now though since it looks awesome :P) and the mood, while not really "creepy" felt very eerie-like. This one is more of the "kekekeke" sneaky/sly evil villian type of video. Your scenes were mostly during the day so that takes away a bit from the creepiness factor but you managed to edit the scenes in such a way it still gave me shivers. Even without any description at all, I can clearly see your concept shine through in the video. Good work. Oh and that smile near the end = awesome. :up: Loved it.
Video 3:
Spoiler :
Very clean editing. Good sync, good pacing. Overall, very nice to watch. Your concept wasn't as clear as #2 but after reading your description it makes much more sense. (I will blame it on the fact I have never seen the show XD) This one felt more like the psycho type of evil villians. Good job with this one too. :up:
Video 4:
Spoiler :
Starts off as a "Bwahahahaha I'm evil!" type of video. Slight hints of humour in this one then drastically descends to complete craziness type of evil near the end. That stab scene had me going "omgwtf D: YOU BEAST!"
Video 5:
Spoiler :
VHS....you say VHS?! For such an old source you actually managed to make it not garbage-y looking. Nice. Interesting use of voiceovers too, but not really my type of video. (Yes I am prejudiced against old sources)
Video 6:
Spoiler :
Great character profile video of Crocodile. You can totally feel his badass-ness in this video and I haven't even seen One Piece. (except for a few episodes of the Ace arc) Oh and nice editing. I liked this one.
Video 7:
Spoiler :
I loved the way you synced the overlays to the background noises in the beginning. :up: The storytelling was also really good and I like your scene choices. It's nice to see more of the background story of how cat woman came along and not just randomly appearing because those scenes happen to be awesome to edit with. Also + points for using the stairs but no falling senjougahara. :up:
Video 8:
Spoiler :
Quite nice. The story is good but the editing was very harsh with some parts having little or no flow at all. While it does complement the song and the mood very well, it kinda hurts the eyes after a while and also gets a bit boring.
Video 9:
Spoiler :
Good storytelling and great atmosphere, especially near the end. I could feel her sadness seeping through. ;__;
Video 10:
Spoiler :
The idea is nice here, but near around the middle I felt like there was a lack of Nunnally who was the one that was holding your idea together. The editing also felt a little generic and didn't really stand out.
Video 11:
Spoiler :
Congrats, you have just sold the anime to me. :up: I really enjoyed this one, the dramatic atmosphere was very intense and had me transfixed the whole way through. The only minor complaint I have is that the second chorus wasn't as strong as the others and the bridge also lacked a little impact in one area but dang, that animation is gorgeous.
Video 12:
Spoiler :
Oh so rather than a single villian it focuses on a type instead? Bit short but I guess if it went on any longer it might start to drag and lose it's impact. And nice description btw. LOLOL.
Video 13:
Spoiler :
I really liked the sync in this, and it also felt very smooth. Not as dramatic as I expected for this combination but still pretty good. Only minor complaint is that sometimes the story felt clear but at times I wasn't so sure what exactly was going on (I tried thinking both from a viewer of the series perspective and from a non-viewer) and while there are scenes that fit to one perspective, a few scenes later throws it off track and vice versa.
Video 14:
Spoiler :
"Violent and sadistic" yeah you got that right. Great potrayal of this. During the course of watching this I was actually thinking "oh god, this guy is a complete and utter loony." Great pacing and you had a really good mood going on in this. Nice. :up:
Favourites: 2 and 11.

As for editors....I know for sure who edited 11. 8-) And while I'm not 100% sure, I have a feeling about another 2-3 of the videos.

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:28 pm

AimoAio =D

My favorite person to frequent this thread . Never leave ^^ <3 :awesome:
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:26 am

I really liked 6! Despite how disgustingly overused of a source it is, I still love the series. So it's really awesome to see a well edited video with it every now and again. Kudos :up:

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”