Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

This is the official forum for Project OrgEditor Season 2, hosted by CodeZTM.

Re: Project OrgEidtor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby TritioAFB » Fri May 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Oh, I still expect something interesting for this round
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
Image
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Project OrgEidtor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Fri May 25, 2012 3:50 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
Kain-x-spirits wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:Could you explain that a bit more for me? Do you want to take a song from the 80's and alter it?

I would like to take a song (mostly the vocals) from 80's and mix it with a song from 2000s.


Yes, you can do this.


Ok thanks :up:
User avatar
Kain-x-spirits
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Location: Lyon, France
Status: Hahahaha~

Re: Project OrgEidtor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby Shin-AMV » Fri May 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Dang it. Should have been the 90s. I've been itching to edit to Escaflowne for awhile. :/
Image
User avatar
Shin-AMV
 
Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Status: Emo Poptart

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby Radical_Yue » Sat May 26, 2012 8:00 am

Sooo....Kisanzi and I were talking about it...aaaanndd...won't it be impossible to get anything but a perfect score in theme since all you have to do is use 80s stuff? I mean, unless you decide to just give the contest the middle finger and use whatever the hell you want even though it has nothing to do with the theme, it's kind of impossible to screw up, right?
Image
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby kireblue » Sat May 26, 2012 8:15 am

Radical_Yue wrote:Sooo....Kisanzi and I were talking about it...aaaanndd...won't it be impossible to get anything but a perfect score in theme since all you have to do is use 80s stuff? I mean, unless you decide to just give the contest the middle finger and use whatever the hell you want even though it has nothing to do with the theme, it's kind of impossible to screw up, right?

CodeZTM wrote:Theme execution in this round is not difficult. In fact, it is more or less a source restriction and nothing to actively edit towards like the previous two rounds. This round will really test your editing capabilities. ;)

From what I understood of the theme description, I think that a slightly better interpretation would be that as long as your video adheres to the restrictions of the round, the judges will not even take any theme points into consideration. You will simply be judged on the overall merit of the video.
Image
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
User avatar
kireblue
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby Radical_Yue » Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 am

kireblue wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:Sooo....Kisanzi and I were talking about it...aaaanndd...won't it be impossible to get anything but a perfect score in theme since all you have to do is use 80s stuff? I mean, unless you decide to just give the contest the middle finger and use whatever the hell you want even though it has nothing to do with the theme, it's kind of impossible to screw up, right?

CodeZTM wrote:Theme execution in this round is not difficult. In fact, it is more or less a source restriction and nothing to actively edit towards like the previous two rounds. This round will really test your editing capabilities. ;)

From what I understood of the theme description, I think that a slightly better interpretation would be that as long as your video adheres to the restrictions of the round, the judges will not even take any theme points into consideration. You will simply be judged on the overall merit of the video.



Awww, we're boned.


"THIS SOURCE ISN'T 720P! LEARN 2 EDIT!"
Image
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby CodeZTM » Sat May 26, 2012 8:29 am

kireblue wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:Sooo....Kisanzi and I were talking about it...aaaanndd...won't it be impossible to get anything but a perfect score in theme since all you have to do is use 80s stuff? I mean, unless you decide to just give the contest the middle finger and use whatever the hell you want even though it has nothing to do with the theme, it's kind of impossible to screw up, right?

CodeZTM wrote:Theme execution in this round is not difficult. In fact, it is more or less a source restriction and nothing to actively edit towards like the previous two rounds. This round will really test your editing capabilities. ;)

From what I understood of the theme description, I think that a slightly better interpretation would be that as long as your video adheres to the restrictions of the round, the judges will not even take any theme points into consideration. You will simply be judged on the overall merit of the video.


Exactly so!

Basically you get theme points as long as your source matches the theme requirements (I'll put a check mark next to it in the judge sheets if it meets it or not). After that, the remainder of your score is all based on your editing and the video as a whole.

Each season of Project Editor has at least one challenge that revolves around a source restriction, and the editor's skill with actually editing the videos are tested. I got this idea for each season from the show Project Runway (which is what this contest is based off of). Each year the fashion designers in that contest have to work with weird materials (food, flowers, party favors, etc) to make a runway-ready look.

Although I tone it down for this contest and don't go as crazy as Project Runway. I don't think anyone wants to (or could) work with VHS materials, original animations or edit with YouTube filtered footage. :lol:
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby Radical_Yue » Sat May 26, 2012 9:03 am

Bueeeeeeeeenooooooo
Image
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby Rendakor » Sat May 26, 2012 11:32 am

CodeZTM wrote: the show Project Runway (which is what this contest is based off of).

Aha! I was curious where the name came from, now I know.
Image Image
User avatar
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
 
Joined: 08 Jan 2012

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby TritioAFB » Sat May 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Bueeeeeeeeenooooooo


my phrase :ying:

Anyway, Remembering the last round, I'm now excited about what the people will do with the old anime :)
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
Image
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby Rendakor » Sat May 26, 2012 6:29 pm

I imagine most people are going to use 80s songs and not 80s anime. >_>
Image Image
User avatar
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
 
Joined: 08 Jan 2012

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Sat May 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Rendakor wrote:I imagine most people are going to use 80s songs and not 80s anime. >_>


x2
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
User avatar
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
 
Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Status: Looking for candy

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby SilverFreedoms » Sat May 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Rendakor wrote:I imagine most people are going to use 80s songs and not 80s anime. >_>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlEjJoOAdGg
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead
User avatar
SilverFreedoms
 
Joined: 27 Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Status: Hungry

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby irriadin » Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 pm

SilverFreedoms wrote:
Rendakor wrote:I imagine most people are going to use 80s songs and not 80s anime. >_>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlEjJoOAdGg


Image
User avatar
irriadin
BUBBLES!
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Location: PA
Status: I fight for my friends

Re: Project OrgEditor Round 3 - A Good Good Decade

Postby LullabyLockdown » Sat May 26, 2012 11:01 pm

SilverFreedoms wrote:
Rendakor wrote:I imagine most people are going to use 80s songs and not 80s anime. >_>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlEjJoOAdGg


muhahahah >=D Invader ziiimmmm....
LullabyLockdown
 
Joined: 26 Apr 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Project OrgEditor Season 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests