Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48] [Deletion on 5/19]

This is the official forum for Project OrgEditor Season 2, hosted by CodeZTM.

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby Kisanzi » Mon May 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Watery Symphony of Kai had the best use of theme.
Inua had good impact moments that made it the most enjoyable to watch.

Those are my picks for the best of Round 1.

Can't wait to see the results already. :P
Image Image
User avatar
Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Location: Colorado
Status: Getting to the roof!

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby ClaudiusValentine » Mon May 14, 2012 11:10 pm

....
Last edited by ClaudiusValentine on Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ClaudiusValentine
 
Joined: 27 Feb 2012

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby Radical_Yue » Mon May 14, 2012 11:13 pm

sirmichaelvalentine wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:
sirmichaelvalentine wrote:please tell me what you think of the video itself not the theme part of it because i made the video first then found out about the themes anyways the video is put together very well with the song matching the lips with the words i beleave i should be able to keep going i seen others say alot worng with a few other videos more then mine just because theres almost no theme in mine doesn't mean its not a good video i put alot of time into it.


Once the judging is over, you are more than welcome to post the video in the announcements thread and recieve feedback there. For the purposes of this contest, however, judges are only commenting on why they gave what score. It's not meant to be a review of your video, and I'm not asking them to.

You can, however, go read the comments left by siny and AimoAio or whoever else decides to review the videos. They reviewed every video and are very capable editors worthy of being listened to.

With regards to if you should be permitted to continue in the contest? This is out of my hands. Judges only review the videos and how they were edited and put together within the scope of the theme provided and how creative/effectively it was presented with the theme. The lowest 5 scoring videos will be eliminated. This is just how the contest works.
thanks for letting me know if the judges are looking at creative effectively and how well they were edited then i got not much to worry even though it doesn't have much of a theme it is there in the bar part when she slams her drink down because its water it was hidden pritty well every video doesn't have to have fighting with elements or moving in elements it could show the theme by just drinking not every video is the same.


You do know you just identified your video and should be DQ'd. >_>
ImageImage
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby Rendakor » Mon May 14, 2012 11:28 pm

What Yue said; the contest is supposed to be anonymous, and you're not supposed to talk about which video is yours or anything until after the judging for the round is over.
Image Image
User avatar
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
 
Joined: 08 Jan 2012

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby CodeZTM » Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 pm

I'm afraid that's quite correct. Had you not been so descriptive about the scenery in the AMV (or basically re-created your video comment verbatim), I might have been able to look the other way. I've already contacted sirmichael about this, and it will be handled appropriately.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby PantherMarie1988 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:44 am

not identifying our videos (to ourselves or to you guys) just thought we'd share this ... I was having a conversation with a fellow contestant on skype xD
(because we both think we had viewing quality issues)
---

oǝɹoKitteh: I should have rendered in smaller format - I think just because all entries up to that point were in HD I figured I had to be in HD as well but the Munto one everyone likes was in small format
oǝɹoKitteh: and so was 12 I think
Jazzy ze Hooker America/Queen Prussia!: ahh yeah, next time if i go through i'll use a smaller rendering format
oǝɹoKitteh: okay lesson learned - no stretched out clips - no rendering larger than the original source
oǝɹoKitteh: 8D
Jazzy ze Hooker America/Queen Prussia!: haha very good lesson in editing indeed ;D
oǝɹoKitteh: we have been educated (y)
Jazzy ze Hooker America/Queen Prussia!: big no-no!
Jazzy ze Hooker America/Queen Prussia!: haha NOW YOU KNOWWWW
Jazzy ze Hooker America/Queen Prussia!: *shooting star effect*
oǝɹoKitteh: xD I think I'll share this on the forum
oǝɹoKitteh: they'll like et ^^
Jazzy ze Hooker America/Queen Prussia!: yeah! ^^ haha
Jazzy ze Hooker America/Queen Prussia!: do itttt xD

---

Project OrgEditor teaches you things =D
Hi There!
Image
youtube / MAL / tumblr
Stalk Me On All Of Them To Receive A Cookie Reward
User avatar
PantherMarie1988
 
Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Location: Virginia, USA
Status: Always Dreaming...

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby pacotacoshell » Tue May 15, 2012 2:32 am

siny wrote:After watching them all, here are my thoughts:

Spoiler :
Video 1: Editing wise I really liked it. I like the fact it was not just action.
Video 2: Overall, I enjoyed it. I don't know if you were trying to tell a story, at first it seemed so but then when other characters pop up, it felt sort of... misplaced.
Video 3: The idea is too cute for me to handle. To be honest, I wouldn't have used 70% of those effects, because the anime alone is just sooooo beautiful. But you sure brought me back to my childhood. One thing missing though: SEBASTIAN! :p
Video 4: Good internal sync is enough to make me fall in love with this one. Alsoooooo it totally fits!
Video 5: <3 One of my favorites. Love the mood and the flow, really makes me want to get inside of that world. Also it made me want to watch the anime :) The only thing that is indeed a shame is the video quality. I'm guessing your video was up-scaled?
Video 6: For me this was just another video with random action scenes... Also, why such a sudden ending? It seems unfinished :(
Video 7: I thought about using this song! And it's not just because I love the song so much, but this was really well done. I could understand the story and to me you showed the Nature's Wrath pretty well with this.
Video 8: I enjoyed this one, but the video quality it's a shame... And sometimes the text was a bit distracting.
Video 9: <3 One of my favorites! And I love that you used similar characters to create this. It made everything flow so well! Also, some of the transitions totally blew me away.
Video 10: I'm sorry but I didn't get this one... Putting the video quality aside, what were you trying to tell? At first I thought the element was water and then I noticed a sharp cut on the violin song and then the mood changes completely, but still it kept me interested on what was going to happen, then another anime appears and that's where I got really confused... In the end I didn't get the story or the element...
Video 11: Ok it's not that I didn't' like this one, I did... but the only thing I got from it was the actual element, water I suppose? But the animes don't really flow well with each other, maybe if you had used one more, I don't know... But I got the calm from the water and scenery around the characters. I guess that was what you were trying to show? Also, beautiful song!
Video 12: <3 This could totally be a story created by Disney, loved it! So cute!
Video 13: I wish this was longer! Overall I really enjoyed, though I guess you're showing us earth? I guess :) Really loved the beginning.
Video 14: Beautiful song and beautiful edit with nice editing and mood: I liked it!
Video 15: I enjoyed the mood of this one and the wind sound at the end was a nice touch!
Video 16: I like the fact that this one represents the element like a feeling. My complain is: the quality... such a shame really.
Video 17: <3 A song like this really deserves a different way of editing. I really enjoyed this. One of my favorites!
Video 18: Really liked this one. And I'm not a fan of game footage mixed with anime, but you did this so well! :up:
Video 19: <3 Another favorite. Everything fits so well, the mood, the air, the story... the song! Love it!
Video 20: The quality of the video really ruined this one :(
Video 21: I'm sorry but I don't really get the connection with the theme...
Video 22: <3 Funny story about this one: I already pointed out two possible editors for this one but I failed. Then someone thought it was mine, also funny! So whoever you are, you need to finish this! I really love this one. The scene choice was perfect and this fits the theme really well. Please finish it!
Video 23: Whoa this was really interesting! I wasn't expecting it, probably because I never saw the anime, but looks good! Although it's short, I like that there's an ending. Good job! :up:
Video 24: Makes us think that what we're doing to this planet will slowly kill the humanity. Nice editing and totally matches the theme!
Video 25: <3 I will keep this one, really loved this one. So well done... and the SONG! Beautiful! It's funny because I didn't even liked this anime much, but somehow I totally fell in love with your video. And kudos for the great quality too!
Video 26: I enjoyed this a lot! The effects were used wisely with great transitions.
Video 27: Erm was this made for projectsurge? That happened like a month ago or something and... I can see the editor's name too?
Video 28: Aw this was cute, I liked it!
Video 29: I enjoyed this one. I sure need to watch this anime. My only complaint is the rushed ending.
Video 30: LOL I would never expect to find a funny video with this theme, ahah this was awesome! I specially loved the other guys singing :rofl:
Video 31: <3 I thought I knew who did this but then it seems I didn't aww, still... I really liked the mood. This song totally reminds me of air and being free and this video shows that so well! It all flows so well :up:
Video 32: Kudos for the song choice! I know this is not a valid reason to like a video... but heyyy I really like it! The editing is great, it matches the theme really well and it also add some funny moments. (like the ending ahah)
Video 33: I really liked this one! I don't know any of the animes and the fight at the end totally seemed to me like just one single anime.
Video 34: Another one I think I know the editor, but it's just a guess. Anyway, this one kept my eyes on the screen the entire time. Really liked the mood of this one :)
Video 35: After "Dreamer" I thought that I wouldn't fall in love with another video with this song, but I was wrong! This was really cute. I finished the video with a smile on my face. Some parts were you used the radial blur were a bit unnecessary and it would be awesome to see this with a better video quality. But I loved it! So cute!
Video 36: Aww what a wonderful videooooo. Yes, I couldn't help to sing a long. But hey with such a cute video, why no cropping? Aww such a shame, because I really like the mood you created!
Video 37: OHHHHHH! So adorable! Totally loved this one too! Some of the fades bothered me, but the story is too cute and it fits the song so well. Nice one!
Video 38: Such a shame this is so short :( Here I thought I was going to relive my childhood again! Mars and fire, perfect match!
Video 39: No doubt this is about water, but sooo short! But I liked the syncing!
Video 40: This one is really good too, I enjoyed it! I don't understand why some of the Ponyo footage is bad and the other is extremely good? Maybe it was some effect? Anyway, I would just change the font of the text. Arial doesn't fit at all. The scene choice was really awesome and perfect for the message you were trying to give! :up:
Video 41: Oh this reminded me of how the weather has been where I live: rain and cold and on the next day a hot summer day! Anyway, I like it! I think some of the scenes were a bit fast though and some of colorings could be better I think, or it's just the source, don't know.
Video 42: Nice editing! I really liked the beginning, the game thing was pretty good!
Video 43: <3 Awesome, really awesome! The feeling of revenge at the end was great. It's like a punishment from Mother Nature. Really liked this one!
Video 44: Buuh :( I want a bigger video! This was promising! Rain, water, sadness, totally there!
Video 45: <3 Oh I think I know who did thisssss ihih ^^! So nicely done! I never saw either of the animes and if it wasn't for the many videos I've seen with those... I would never say they were different animes. Plus, kudos for the song! Also, I love that she uses fire and he uses ice. The combination is just perfect! AND ahah the ending! The whole time I was like "Who's going to win this?!" and then the sudden sweet ending! Loved it!
Video 46: I thought I was going to like this one but... the video quality is really bad with a few blocks, or maybe it's just a codec problem? Don't know... I think the element was air but I'm not sure...
Video 47: Another one I think I know who did it. And ahah two old cartoons came to my mind while watching this: Gummi Bears and Ewoks lol. This video is too crazy and too funny and too awesome. P.S.: I'm Team Raccoons!
Video 48: It's the anime version of Armageddon! Except that, there's no Aerosmith playing on the background... but the sadness, despair... everything is there. Really liked this one, specially the story :)



Wow I'm done! I marked the ones that really touched me with a <3 but that doesn't mean anything really. It's just my personal taste :oops:
And yes, I commented on my own too. I'm my best critic ever ahah because I would always change a few things here and there.

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. :awesome:
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby siny » Tue May 15, 2012 3:37 am

pacotacoshell wrote:
siny wrote:After watching them all, here are my thoughts:

Spoiler :
Video 1: Editing wise I really liked it. I like the fact it was not just action.
Video 2: Overall, I enjoyed it. I don't know if you were trying to tell a story, at first it seemed so but then when other characters pop up, it felt sort of... misplaced.
Video 3: The idea is too cute for me to handle. To be honest, I wouldn't have used 70% of those effects, because the anime alone is just sooooo beautiful. But you sure brought me back to my childhood. One thing missing though: SEBASTIAN! :p
Video 4: Good internal sync is enough to make me fall in love with this one. Alsoooooo it totally fits!
Video 5: <3 One of my favorites. Love the mood and the flow, really makes me want to get inside of that world. Also it made me want to watch the anime :) The only thing that is indeed a shame is the video quality. I'm guessing your video was up-scaled?
Video 6: For me this was just another video with random action scenes... Also, why such a sudden ending? It seems unfinished :(
Video 7: I thought about using this song! And it's not just because I love the song so much, but this was really well done. I could understand the story and to me you showed the Nature's Wrath pretty well with this.
Video 8: I enjoyed this one, but the video quality it's a shame... And sometimes the text was a bit distracting.
Video 9: <3 One of my favorites! And I love that you used similar characters to create this. It made everything flow so well! Also, some of the transitions totally blew me away.
Video 10: I'm sorry but I didn't get this one... Putting the video quality aside, what were you trying to tell? At first I thought the element was water and then I noticed a sharp cut on the violin song and then the mood changes completely, but still it kept me interested on what was going to happen, then another anime appears and that's where I got really confused... In the end I didn't get the story or the element...
Video 11: Ok it's not that I didn't' like this one, I did... but the only thing I got from it was the actual element, water I suppose? But the animes don't really flow well with each other, maybe if you had used one more, I don't know... But I got the calm from the water and scenery around the characters. I guess that was what you were trying to show? Also, beautiful song!
Video 12: <3 This could totally be a story created by Disney, loved it! So cute!
Video 13: I wish this was longer! Overall I really enjoyed, though I guess you're showing us earth? I guess :) Really loved the beginning.
Video 14: Beautiful song and beautiful edit with nice editing and mood: I liked it!
Video 15: I enjoyed the mood of this one and the wind sound at the end was a nice touch!
Video 16: I like the fact that this one represents the element like a feeling. My complain is: the quality... such a shame really.
Video 17: <3 A song like this really deserves a different way of editing. I really enjoyed this. One of my favorites!
Video 18: Really liked this one. And I'm not a fan of game footage mixed with anime, but you did this so well! :up:
Video 19: <3 Another favorite. Everything fits so well, the mood, the air, the story... the song! Love it!
Video 20: The quality of the video really ruined this one :(
Video 21: I'm sorry but I don't really get the connection with the theme...
Video 22: <3 Funny story about this one: I already pointed out two possible editors for this one but I failed. Then someone thought it was mine, also funny! So whoever you are, you need to finish this! I really love this one. The scene choice was perfect and this fits the theme really well. Please finish it!
Video 23: Whoa this was really interesting! I wasn't expecting it, probably because I never saw the anime, but looks good! Although it's short, I like that there's an ending. Good job! :up:
Video 24: Makes us think that what we're doing to this planet will slowly kill the humanity. Nice editing and totally matches the theme!
Video 25: <3 I will keep this one, really loved this one. So well done... and the SONG! Beautiful! It's funny because I didn't even liked this anime much, but somehow I totally fell in love with your video. And kudos for the great quality too!
Video 26: I enjoyed this a lot! The effects were used wisely with great transitions.
Video 27: Erm was this made for projectsurge? That happened like a month ago or something and... I can see the editor's name too?
Video 28: Aw this was cute, I liked it!
Video 29: I enjoyed this one. I sure need to watch this anime. My only complaint is the rushed ending.
Video 30: LOL I would never expect to find a funny video with this theme, ahah this was awesome! I specially loved the other guys singing :rofl:
Video 31: <3 I thought I knew who did this but then it seems I didn't aww, still... I really liked the mood. This song totally reminds me of air and being free and this video shows that so well! It all flows so well :up:
Video 32: Kudos for the song choice! I know this is not a valid reason to like a video... but heyyy I really like it! The editing is great, it matches the theme really well and it also add some funny moments. (like the ending ahah)
Video 33: I really liked this one! I don't know any of the animes and the fight at the end totally seemed to me like just one single anime.
Video 34: Another one I think I know the editor, but it's just a guess. Anyway, this one kept my eyes on the screen the entire time. Really liked the mood of this one :)
Video 35: After "Dreamer" I thought that I wouldn't fall in love with another video with this song, but I was wrong! This was really cute. I finished the video with a smile on my face. Some parts were you used the radial blur were a bit unnecessary and it would be awesome to see this with a better video quality. But I loved it! So cute!
Video 36: Aww what a wonderful videooooo. Yes, I couldn't help to sing a long. But hey with such a cute video, why no cropping? Aww such a shame, because I really like the mood you created!
Video 37: OHHHHHH! So adorable! Totally loved this one too! Some of the fades bothered me, but the story is too cute and it fits the song so well. Nice one!
Video 38: Such a shame this is so short :( Here I thought I was going to relive my childhood again! Mars and fire, perfect match!
Video 39: No doubt this is about water, but sooo short! But I liked the syncing!
Video 40: This one is really good too, I enjoyed it! I don't understand why some of the Ponyo footage is bad and the other is extremely good? Maybe it was some effect? Anyway, I would just change the font of the text. Arial doesn't fit at all. The scene choice was really awesome and perfect for the message you were trying to give! :up:
Video 41: Oh this reminded me of how the weather has been where I live: rain and cold and on the next day a hot summer day! Anyway, I like it! I think some of the scenes were a bit fast though and some of colorings could be better I think, or it's just the source, don't know.
Video 42: Nice editing! I really liked the beginning, the game thing was pretty good!
Video 43: <3 Awesome, really awesome! The feeling of revenge at the end was great. It's like a punishment from Mother Nature. Really liked this one!
Video 44: Buuh :( I want a bigger video! This was promising! Rain, water, sadness, totally there!
Video 45: <3 Oh I think I know who did thisssss ihih ^^! So nicely done! I never saw either of the animes and if it wasn't for the many videos I've seen with those... I would never say they were different animes. Plus, kudos for the song! Also, I love that she uses fire and he uses ice. The combination is just perfect! AND ahah the ending! The whole time I was like "Who's going to win this?!" and then the sudden sweet ending! Loved it!
Video 46: I thought I was going to like this one but... the video quality is really bad with a few blocks, or maybe it's just a codec problem? Don't know... I think the element was air but I'm not sure...
Video 47: Another one I think I know who did it. And ahah two old cartoons came to my mind while watching this: Gummi Bears and Ewoks lol. This video is too crazy and too funny and too awesome. P.S.: I'm Team Raccoons!
Video 48: It's the anime version of Armageddon! Except that, there's no Aerosmith playing on the background... but the sadness, despair... everything is there. Really liked this one, specially the story :)



Wow I'm done! I marked the ones that really touched me with a <3 but that doesn't mean anything really. It's just my personal taste :oops:
And yes, I commented on my own too. I'm my best critic ever ahah because I would always change a few things here and there.

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. :awesome:


Ahah! You are welcome! Now I'm curious to know which one ahah :awesome:
Image
User avatar
siny
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Location: Portugal

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby Niwa » Tue May 15, 2012 3:47 am

I was curious about entry 41, and after a couple of hours of downloading.... :up:
Image
User avatar
Niwa
Cake Addiction
 
Joined: 02 Jul 2004
Location: Sweden

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby Shikaidou » Tue May 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Haven't been able to look at all of them yet (there's so many!) but the ones I've seen have all been very good. Good job everyone! Good luck. :)
Shikaidou
 
Joined: 08 Jun 2009

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby AMV_4000 » Tue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Niwa wrote:I was curious about entry 41, and after a couple of hours of downloading.... :up:

Obviously hasn't seen mine
User avatar
AMV_4000
 
Joined: 10 Apr 2002
Location: USA

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby kireblue » Tue May 15, 2012 4:21 pm

AMV_4000 wrote:
Niwa wrote:I was curious about entry 41, and after a couple of hours of downloading.... :up:

Obviously hasn't seen mine

I'm actually really curious which one you did. I guess I'll find out in a few hours.
Image
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
User avatar
kireblue
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby SilverFreedoms » Tue May 15, 2012 6:10 pm

I hate waiting =(
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead
User avatar
SilverFreedoms
 
Joined: 27 Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Status: Hungry

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby CodeZTM » Tue May 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Well, I have 4/5 judges finished, and the other one says that she/he'll be done this evening or early hours of the morning tomorrow. Doing the math shouldn't take TOO long, since I have a lovely spreadsheet already setup and ready to go (just needs the numbers plugged), and all the awards are finished design-wise. Once the last judge gets finished, I should be able to publish the results within 1/2 an hour. Stalk me on twitter (@CodeZTM) and I'll keep ya'll up to date on the situation.

Slow judging was likely my fault this time. Uploading all the videos took a great deal of time right at the end of the first round, and judges barely had 1 1/2 full day(s) to judge 48 videos (that's a lot to download/judge).
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Postby Kimberly » Tue May 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Waiting eagerly. :shark:
Image
User avatar
Kimberly
Kardashian
 
Joined: 18 Sep 2004

PreviousNext

Return to Project OrgEditor Season 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron