Round 1 - Nature's Wrath - Complete

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Nature's Wrath

Post by SilverFreedoms » Sun May 06, 2012 11:47 pm

I believe I have a nice anime to work with here
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Sun May 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:You forgot the element of moe.....
Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Moe! By your powers combined, I am Captain Animu! :bear:
Image Image

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Sun May 06, 2012 11:58 pm

And i believe i am royally F*CKED :ying:

LullabyLockdown
Org Profile

Post by LullabyLockdown » Mon May 07, 2012 12:11 am

WOOT i'm excited! but i have a question that might be kinda dumb...but are we allowed to use instrumental songs? or do we have to use ones with lyrics? =3 sorry if this question ish kinda dumb xD

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Mon May 07, 2012 12:44 am

Will this be judged purely on how well we follow our theme, or a mix between that and the editing? Because I can see some bullshit nostromo video coming out of here and someone just saying "oh yea, that's earth bro... It's too deep for you to understand it" And they get first place just for using pretty footage and calling a bullshit theme that really has no true detention like "romance" holds. Then again what if someone uses the song "FIRE" by scooter and just makes some crazy action video and says "yea, well didn't you hear the lyrics?? It said fire! so herp derp yo"

I like the idea of trying to think outside of the box, but lets also try to make it have some sense :nose:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon May 07, 2012 1:24 am

ExSphere wrote:Will this be judged purely on how well we follow our theme, or a mix between that and the editing? Because I can see some bullshit nostromo video coming out of here and someone just saying "oh yea, that's earth bro... It's too deep for you to understand it" And they get first place just for using pretty footage and calling a bullshit theme that really has no true detention like "romance" holds. Then again what if someone uses the song "FIRE" by scooter and just makes some crazy action video and says "yea, well didn't you hear the lyrics?? It said fire! so herp derp yo"

I like the idea of trying to think outside of the box, but lets also try to make it have some sense :nose:
I'm pretty sure Code and the other judges aren't stupid enough to choose pure editing over a great concept.
Have some faith in the judges. xD

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Mon May 07, 2012 1:44 am

ExSphere wrote:I like the idea of trying to think outside of the box, but lets also try to make it have some sense :nose:
But I like it in the box, it's so warm and cozy.

Anywho, I would hope that editing and theme are a 50/50 split on the point scoring. Nothing wrong with pure editing or concept vids as long as they don't sacrifice one for the other. Or so I'd hope.

PantherMarie1988
Org Profile

Post by PantherMarie1988 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:46 am

ExSphere wrote:Because I can see some bullshit nostromo video coming out of here and someone just saying "oh yea, that's earth bro... It's too deep for you to understand it"
...well I see the good thing about this is that entries are anonymous so it is judged on your editing skill and not just because someone is a well known editor if that helps any...or I may have misunderstood what you were saying
Hi There!
youtube / MAL / tumblr
Stalk Me On All Of Them To Receive A Cookie Reward

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Mon May 07, 2012 3:31 am

ExSphere wrote:Then again what if someone uses the song "FIRE" by scooter and just makes some crazy action video
Well..... geez *scraps that idea* :uhoh:

Sh0uko
Org Profile

Post by Sh0uko » Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 am

Im ready but chances are I'll lose the first round *looks down*
/\___/\
>w<
=A=

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”