Want helpful information on how to succeed in our contest? Well, here's some friendly tips/tricks for you (several submitted by past competitiors).
1) Get LOTS of footage/music pre-ripped. You never know what to expect to be editing to, and having various amounts of footage/music to experiment with can save you precious editing time.
2) Pay attention to deadlines. I will be posting a countdown timer for each round. Bookmark it and know exactly when your video must be submitted!
3) Time management skills. Acquire them! Realize when you have time to edit and plan your submission accordingly. If you know that you only have 2 real days to commit to editing, then don't plan a 5 day effects extravaganza for your video.
4) Don't render/upload at the last minute. When I say 11:59 CST, I mean 11:59 CST. I don't mean 12:07 CST.
5) If you're in "The Quickening", check you calendars! I posted the OrgEditor calendar in this subforum. See if you have overlap between this contest and "The Quickening". If you do, and if you wish to do so, I will let you edit early on the condition that you keep the challenge a secret. Honor system!
6) DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY POST YOUR USERNAME IN THE AMV. You will be disqualified. Remember that your username is visible in Skype/AIM/MSN/Control Panel, and if you film some live action comptuer shots, it can likely give your identity away.
7) If you have questions about the theme, do not be afraid to ask. I will happily consult with you and help you best understand the challenge.
8) While there are no official time limits on how long AMVs must be, judges will expect pieces to be at least 30 seconds long and no longer than 5 minutes.
If you are a previous contestant, and would like to offer advice, please feel free to post in this thread.
This is the official forum for Project OrgEditor Season 2, hosted by CodeZTM.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Based Dicknugget
- Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:00 pm
- Status: Looking for candy
- Location: In the car, taking a shit.
CodeZTM wrote:6) DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY POST YOUR USERNAME IN THE AMV. You will be disqualified. Remember that your username is visible in Skype/AIM/MSN/Control Panel, and if you film some live action comptuer shots, it can likely give your identity away.
Who would ever do that ?
Add me on skype cause im bored: Mycathatesyou0000
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests