"The Quickening" Registration Thread - FULL

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: "The Quickening" Registration Thread - FULL

Post by mirkosp » Wed May 09, 2012 10:53 am

inthesto wrote:Okay can we get past this stupid banlist idea (and it's stupid because we don't fucking run weekly events and therefore have a ridiculously small sample size for dropout frequency) and open up a betting pool on who is going to win

I'm hedging all my bets on CDVV, also please book all bets through me so I can run off with your money
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 3&t=109153

:aimkissyface:

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Wed May 09, 2012 9:09 pm

well i really wanted to try for this contest but it looks like i have to drop out because i just cant work with the song group b got i cant work with techno music i tryed so many different videos and nothing goes with this song im sure someone else can make it work but i cant so ill wait for project org Editor im sure im not the only one having trouble with the song being picked for us at least org Editor lets us pick our own song ill never join another randomized song picking contest again contest's should let us pick our own songs not randomly picking em for us i bet you so far this is the only one that does this next time try keeping the rules same as every other contest 1 on 1 you get your stuff ready including song you picked i bet you anything im not the only one having trouble with this but wont admit it im out sorry guys

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed May 09, 2012 9:33 pm

sirmichaelvalentine wrote:well i really wanted to try for this contest but it looks like i have to drop out because i just cant work with the song group b got i cant work with techno music i tryed so many different videos and nothing goes with this song im sure someone else can make it work but i cant so ill wait for project org Editor im sure im not the only one having trouble with the song being picked for us at least org Editor lets us pick our own song ill never join another randomized song picking contest again contest's should let us pick our own songs not randomly picking em for us i bet you so far this is the only one that does this next time try keeping the rules same as every other contest 1 on 1 you get your stuff ready including song you picked i bet you anything im not the only one having trouble with this but wont admit it im out sorry guys
The thing is, dude. That's the point of a randomized contest. You basically just contradicted yourself. The point of the songs being randomized is that it challenges you to edit outside your comfort zone. If you edit to the same stuff all the time, then you really aren't getting any better. You woulld be surprised how fast people will get burnt out of your videos if you used the same genre of song with the same type of editing YOU are used to.

Point is that recieving random songs challenges you as an editor. I had never heard of Starry Eyes until I got the song. It's not really my type of music. It was rather slow. And I would not have edited to it otherwise. And I'm glad I did try my hardest on it. Something really good came out of it and in the long run, I think I'm better for it. Plus I learned something new.

Let's not forget the main point of this contest.

FUN!!
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed May 09, 2012 9:57 pm

sirmichaelvalentine wrote:well i really wanted to try for this contest but it looks like i have to drop out because i just cant work with the song group b got i cant work with techno music i tryed so many different videos and nothing goes with this song im sure someone else can make it work but i cant so ill wait for project org Editor im sure im not the only one having trouble with the song being picked for us at least org Editor lets us pick our own song ill never join another randomized song picking contest again contest's should let us pick our own songs not randomly picking em for us i bet you so far this is the only one that does this next time try keeping the rules same as every other contest 1 on 1 you get your stuff ready including song you picked i bet you anything im not the only one having trouble with this but wont admit it im out sorry guys

Then it'll just be like every other contest.

If you don't like how it's run, join one of the other 99 contests that run exactly how you want it to.

You had the rules available beforehand. If you didn't like them, you should not have taken a spot from someone else who wanted it.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Thu May 10, 2012 1:54 am

RTFM
And only after this, join.

Seriously, who are u kidding? People coordinate contests the way they want, you join if you like how it's announced, you don't if you don't like.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Thu May 10, 2012 2:16 am

Hey hey hey lets not be so harsh, sirmichaelvalentine has a long and outstanding history of making quality AMVs. One subpar video (rushed and uninspired, no less) would tarnish their record and they simply would prefer to withdraw than risk such a blemish on their career.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:05 am

>.> Group D got Caramel Dansen and you got Bangarang. You get no pity from group D :nono:

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Thu May 10, 2012 3:52 am

Also, PERIODS, please. Anyway, I hope you get the point... There were so many editors who wanted to participate and now... there's just a blank spot.

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Thu May 10, 2012 5:11 am

Radical_Yue wrote: 99 contests
But Yue's ain't one :)

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Thu May 10, 2012 10:24 am

Hey can you bend the rules for me because I am a longtime upstanding member of the community (and also a personal friend of the staff), also I promise not to troll the competition with some My Little Pony video edited to the completely wrong song (because anyone who knows me knows that is something I would do in this exact situation (except I won't do it this time (except I probably will because I like to troll like that!))).
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Return to “The Quickening 2012”