"The Quickening" Registration Thread - FULL

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: "The Quickening" Registration Thread - FULL

Post by lloyd9988 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:39 pm

sirmichaelvalentine wrote:i apologize for this but i tryed to do something with that song i really don't work with or even listen to techno ish music im very good at what i do go see my account to see what i mean. i can make a very good pop video metal video slow video hell i can even work with rap and country.but that type of music is just to hard for me to work with when i make a amv i like to use music that tells a story somewhat. look plain and simple i apologize for taking up a space if i was gonna drop out i thought i could follow the rules but i guess i cant work with someone else picking my song for me again i apologize.if anyone's in project org editor contest you'll see what i got for that i hope you like it.
. . . Now, I could be spitballin' here but. . . You can use this opportunity to get better with a music source that you are not familiar editing with to gain more experience. :P I mean, some things are difficult edit with, sure, but I think that's why some of us used this chance to join this competition to get better at editing with stuff (*Cough* Bangarang, *Double Cough* Caramel Dansen) that we're not use to editing with. So, even if our sh*t looks like. . . sh*t, doesn't really matter because we're in it to get better and to have fun. |:>

That or we're just in it for the Amazon Giftcard. :awesome:

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Thu May 10, 2012 10:10 pm

. . . Now, I could be spitballin' here but. . . You can use this opportunity to get better with a music source that you are not familiar editing with to gain more experience. :P I mean, some things are difficult edit with, sure, but I think that's why some of us used this chance to join this competition to get better at editing with stuff (*Cough* Bangarang, *Double Cough* Caramel Dansen) that we're not use to editing with. So, even if our sh*t looks like. . . sh*t, doesn't really matter because we're in it to get better and to have fun. |:>

yea thats why i joined to get better at editing i made so many different bangarang videos but with me not knowing how to add heavy effect's like clips flipping bouncing and adding your own text is way beyond me o.O lol. i can make a video like that but it would have taken me alot longer then a week of editing. video's with heavy effect's takes me about a month to finish because i edit re edit over & over it would take me a few weeks just for the heavy effect's alone because one effect can ruin the hole video then ill have to start over but if i can get a song that kinda tells a story like half of what country music puts out then i wont need any heavy effect's because then i can tell a story between the song and the right clips put together just see my school rumble video & you'll understand what i mean....sometimes heavy effect's ruins the video

[MOD258: Ninjafix of broken quote.]

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu May 10, 2012 10:34 pm

sirmichaelvalentine wrote:

yea thats why i joined to get better at editing i made so many different bangarang videos but with me not knowing how to add heavy effect's like clips flipping bouncing and adding your own text is way beyond me o.O lol. i can make a video like that but it would have taken me alot longer then a week of editing. video's with heavy effect's takes me about a month to finish because i edit re edit over & over it would take me a few weeks just for the heavy effect's alone because one effect can ruin the hole video then ill have to start over but if i can get a song that kinda tells a story like half of what country music puts out then i wont need any heavy effect's because then i can tell a story between the song and the right clips put together just see my school rumble video & you'll understand what i mean....sometimes heavy effect's ruins the video
You don't need to use heavy effects with dubstep music, who told you that? Also, who told you that you can't tell a story with dubstep music? :|
Just because the music doesn't have lyrics doesn't mean that you can't tell a story. You're too closed minded.

[MOD258: Ninjafix of broken quote.]

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Fri May 11, 2012 1:40 am

Oh boy, ditto that. Seriously, who cares about special effects!! Forget them! Ever heard of beat sync or lip syncing? Just use your imagination, as Spongebob would say. Also, adding text is a something that costs you 2 SECONDS of your life, stop complaining about this stuff. Just watch Group A's videos. They are simple as hell! Now, back to your way of the ninja, or your saiyan pride. Naruto and Vegeta would never give up.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri May 11, 2012 8:06 am

Animated wrote:Oh boy, ditto that. Seriously, who cares about special effects!! Forget them! Ever heard of beat sync or lip syncing? Just use your imagination, as Spongebob would say. Also, adding text is a something that costs you 2 SECONDS of your life, stop complaining about this stuff. Just watch Group A's videos. They are simple as hell! Now, back to your way of the ninja, or your saiyan pride. Naruto and Vegeta would never give up.
If I had gotten Bangarang, I would have beat and internal synced that song like there was no tomorrow. It would have been glorious! :asd: (I don't really do effects, but I pride myself with being good at internal sync)

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri May 11, 2012 8:25 am

kireblue wrote:
Animated wrote:Oh boy, ditto that. Seriously, who cares about special effects!! Forget them! Ever heard of beat sync or lip syncing? Just use your imagination, as Spongebob would say. Also, adding text is a something that costs you 2 SECONDS of your life, stop complaining about this stuff. Just watch Group A's videos. They are simple as hell! Now, back to your way of the ninja, or your saiyan pride. Naruto and Vegeta would never give up.
If I had gotten Bangarang, I would have beat and internal synced that song like there was no tomorrow. It would have been glorious! :asd: (I don't really do effects, but I pride myself with being good at internal sync)
Amen to that! Internal sync is king!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri May 11, 2012 9:36 am

pacotacoshell wrote:
kireblue wrote:
Kisanzi and I were actually talking about that recently.

WHAT is with people and automatically thinking "dubstep = vomit of effects" ? ? ? Some of the best dubstep videos I've ever seen use minimal effects to enhance certain scenes and go batshit insane on incredibly sexy internal sync. Not only can I SEE what's going on but it actually looks AMAZING.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Fri May 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:WHAT is with people and automatically thinking "dubstep = vomit of effects" ? ? ?
Probably because dubstep is the vomit of music.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri May 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
pacotacoshell wrote:
kireblue wrote:If I had gotten Bangarang, I would have beat and internal synced that song like there was no tomorrow. It would have been glorious! :asd: (I don't really do effects, but I pride myself with being good at internal sync)
Kisanzi and I were actually talking about that recently.

WHAT is with people and automatically thinking "dubstep = vomit of effects" ? ? ? Some of the best dubstep videos I've ever seen use minimal effects to enhance certain scenes and go batshit insane on incredibly sexy internal sync. Not only can I SEE what's going on but it actually looks AMAZING.
*cue coldplay* When you try your best and you don't succeed....

Aw, who am I kidding, thats not my best.

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Fri May 11, 2012 2:25 pm

inthesto wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:WHAT is with people and automatically thinking "dubstep = vomit of effects" ? ? ?
Probably because dubstep is the vomit of music.
x2

Return to “The Quickening 2012”