"The Quickening" Registration Thread - FULL

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: "The Quickening" Registration Thread - FULL

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Update

Thanks to Kireblue for pointing it out to me >_>;;

We didn't have enough rounds so there has been a small alteration and a round has been added taking place from August 5th - 11th for the 2 editors who make it to the finals.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:32 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
RAWdangers wrote:I think going with a recent trend . . .
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lolwy ... o1_500.jpg
*facepalm*
*Double Facepalm*

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Fri May 04, 2012 10:51 am

i just realised...

what if half of a group/bracket , in any round, have abandonned due to various reasons ?
can people ,who haven't finished their two minutes, can still send their AMV and pass the next round if they're is really not enough entries ? or is there some kind of modification that will be made?

example: bracket 1: editors 1-4 and 6 send a full amv, editors 2 and 8 send an unfinished/too short one,3-5-7 have totally abandonned.

pardon me if that was answered, i have shitty eyes. :amv:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri May 04, 2012 10:57 am

ProjectBarcodeError wrote:i just realised...

what if half of a group/bracket , in any round, have abandonned due to various reasons ?
can people ,who haven't finished their two minutes, can still send their AMV and pass the next round if they're is really not enough entries ? or is there some kind of modification that will be made?

example: bracket 1: editors 1-4 and 6 send a full amv, editors 2 and 8 send an unfinished/too short one,3-5-7 have totally abandonned.

Nah, you're eyes are fine.

The amount of eliminations per round will always stay the same, so if someone drops, that will be counted as an elimination and the other editors in the group will have 1 person less to be worried about.

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Fri May 04, 2012 10:58 am

ProjectBarcodeError wrote:i just realised...

Expecting a lot of drops?
ImageImage

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Fri May 04, 2012 4:10 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:Expecting a lot of drops?
maybe not a lot, but a situation like taht to arrive , maybe. but i would prefer not. :awesome:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat May 05, 2012 2:01 pm

It would be lame for people to drop, since they had previously committed themselves to edit in that week of their choice.
Since this contest is a closed number sign up, registering means taking a spot away from someone else who would have been genuinely interested but wasn't timely enough in the registration. Dropping would be disrespectful to them; a dick move, actually. :down:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat May 05, 2012 3:13 pm

mirkosp wrote:It would be lame for people to drop, since they had previously committed themselves to edit in that week of their choice.
Since this contest is a closed number sign up, registering means taking a spot away from someone else who would have been genuinely interested but wasn't timely enough in the registration. Dropping would be disrespectful to them; a dick move, actually. :down:
To be honest, I'm surprised contests like this don't have a communal "naughty list" for people that have dropped in the past. If you're on the "naughty list" you get punted to the bottom of the list for sign-ups.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sat May 05, 2012 5:46 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
mirkosp wrote:It would be lame for people to drop, since they had previously committed themselves to edit in that week of their choice.
To be honest, I'm surprised contests like this don't have a communal "naughty list" for people that have dropped in the past. If you're on the "naughty list" you get punted to the bottom of the list for sign-ups.

What a stupid idea... :down:

Mirko is right but it's up to us, people taking part in the contest, to be responsible. Coordinators have no right to judge us because of what we did in the past, absolutely no right! They only have to judge one thing : the video we send to them.
If it happens some people drop, I'm pretty sure Yue will find a way to deal with this and to keep the awesomeness of this contest.

Yue, you're the boss!

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Sat May 05, 2012 8:14 pm

MimS wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:

What a stupid idea... :down:

Mirko is right but it's up to us, people taking part in the contest, to be responsible. Coordinators have no right to judge us because of what we did in the past, absolutely no right! They only have to judge one thing : the video we send to them.
If it happens some people drop, I'm pretty sure Yue will find a way to deal with this and to keep the awesomeness of this contest.

Yue, you're the boss!
I don't think he was talking about judging during the contest... I think he meant that if for example you drop out this year, next time the contest is up, others would have priority over you (during signups) if you decide to compete again.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “The Quickening 2012”