Finals General Discussion

This is a forum for discussion of the 2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards.

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby MimS » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:30 am

Well, in fact, I read that comment like 2 weeks ago, I didn't know there was a thread for each vid participating in Akross, discovered it by some "chance"... So yeah, I remember x)

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Right now, I'm just waiting for Kain to tell me he's ok to coordinate a EM² with me :rofl:
Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby TritioAFB » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 am

MimS wrote:Well, in fact, I read that comment like 2 weeks ago, I didn't know there was a thread for each vid participating in Akross, discovered it by some "chance"... So yeah, I remember x)

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Right now, I'm just waiting for Kain to tell me he's ok to coordinate a EM² with me :rofl:


I don't believe you if you ask me :uhoh:

Really you didn't know that there was a forum thread for every entry? Actually the valuable comments are into that section since the comment section of the video is made for the fun of the russian community. That's the reason why I never go into details in the comment section and instead I write the details there.

EM part 2? You should invite more members of AMV-France. It will be interesting to see other 'new faces' from the community :bear:
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
Image
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:11 pm

TritioAFB wrote:
MimS wrote:Really you didn't know that there was a forum thread for every entry?


A lot of people don't know, its very common... especially if you cannot read Russian or notice "forum" on your entries.



Congratulations to the winners ='3, another good year. Glad to see some of my picks, picked!
Image
User avatar
Chained(E)Studio
 
Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Diegao » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:24 pm

TritioAFB wrote:Really you didn't know that there was a forum thread for every entry?

I've been following Akross Con since the 2008's edition and I've noticed the threads for every entry just in 2011 :uhoh:
Image
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter
User avatar
Diegao
Enjoy the music
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2009
Location: Italy

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby lloyd9988 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:
Ikore wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:If you ask me, doing few epic pieces in one year is more than doing one epic video in a year ;x
2 years

going from "unknown" to a pretty great editor is a merit, Shin-AMV did an incredible raising this year, hope he stays around longer :bear:


Its really all downhill from here for me :ying:


*** 10 years, 200 awards and 50 AMVs later***

No, seriously guys, its seriously all down hill from here. . . Seriously, I'm not kidding. :ying:
~Yo~
User avatar
lloyd9988
 
Joined: 15 May 2011
Location: AZ
Status: Yeahhhhh......

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby TritioAFB » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Oh.... now I can't troll in the forum :aimkissyface:

But even the first time I joined ever AC, I was already aware of the presence of the thread of the entry. Oh well

Anyway, since we're talking about VCAs and not AKROSS:

It's been 10 years, and many things have happened during that time. Many editors, many videos, and the same hobby of always.

Although this was my first time getting involved into the VCAs I guess this edition was very decent. Hoping to see next year :awesome:
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
Image
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Bill Ein » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 am

MimS, maybe you'll understand more if watch Ru.Comix 2 with eng hardsub and amvnews ratings:

2011 (VCA 2012):
Ru.Comix 2 - 4.62 (945 votes)
Empty Mosaic: Into Nothing - 4.02 (279 votes)
Sol Levante - -Kyros- (Ciro) - 3.83 (247 голосов)
さくら (Sakura) MEP - ?
A Whole New AMV : Disney MEP II - ?

2010 (VCA 2011):
VERSUS - 4.47 (331 vote)
Memory Flash 3: Into The Mirror - 4.49 (281 vote)
-MEP- INGLORIOUS - 4.40 (299 votes)
Acid - 3.70 (171 vote)
AMV Hell 5: Dedicated to Dio - 2.91 (198 votes)

2009 (VCA 2010):
Ru.Comix - 4.64 (1483 votes)
Acid Star - 4.25 (304 votes)
Vortex: Recycled - 4.23 (408 votes)
Ataraxia - 3.68 (133 votes)
Angelus - 3.66 (192 votes)
User avatar
Bill Ein
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2009

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby TritioAFB » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 am

The funny facy is that I even didn't need the translations. I got them all :awesome:

But while in the amvnews several clips will get enough attention, when they come here, people is like: Should I watch it or not? or they will save the clips for watching later. That's very curious considering that there were a lot of editors that didn't know about Ru.Comix, and watched it until the VCAs started the nominations.

Bill, what about the Version 3? When it will be released?
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
Image
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Bill Ein » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:58 am

TritioAFB, now we have only one good joke (14sec) and need for project about 50-60 (20-25min). Old makers haven't new good ideas and random noobs too. Most likely we will be able to make the 3'rd project only in 2013-2014 because didn't want to take everything like ssgwnbtd in AMV HELL 5.
User avatar
Bill Ein
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2009

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby MimS » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:42 am

Don't worry Bill Ein, it's not a matter of translation, it just doesn't make me laugh but the same thing goes for any parody MEP (even MEDNess which is French)
Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Bill Ein » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:22 am

MimS, but you didn't watch Ru.Comix 2 is completely and the most interesting in the second half...
This is not what I call MEP in fact...

1 organizer of the project, 32 editors, 30 judges (organizer + some editors + some website users) - what is it if not the MEP? Maybe AMV HELL projects have 1 or 2 organizer = judges = editors and random editors clips, but not Ru.Comixes.
User avatar
Bill Ein
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2009

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby MimS » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:33 am

Yeah, I give you the point that I didn't really try to watch it but honestly, it's just a matter of taste : this is not what I expect from people working together. I don't have anything against comedy video, I love lots of them. Fact is, I love them where they're quite short (I mean, 3mins more or less), about a single and precise idea... Like Shin did it in Safety Dance, CrossFade in Under!Where or even Kosmit in many of his vids (Darkest of Places, Gay means Happy, Japanese People Flacking...) for examples.
Also, what I say this is not MEP to me it's because I just feel like there are gags put the one after the other and it's kinda... uninteresting for me. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, you do what you want, this is exactly what you claim earlier. But I would honestly prefer seeing you Russians making Vortex² than a 3rd Ru.Comix :rofl:

Though, once again, you got a point, I didn't really try to watch Ru.Comix² but I honestly doubt it makes me change my mind about that kind of vid. Just not my cup of tea.
My first MEPs as a viewer were RoS3 and Memory Flash you know, it just doesn't have anything in common with project like yours ^^
Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:05 am

It seems like you prefer your MEPs to be collaborations, which is something else entirely.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Bill Ein » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:22 am

MimS, in our project we help noobs and each other, we say what need to fix or fix themselves, we help with technique and story, we estimate and vote. Not "put the one after the other and it's kinda" only.

P.S.
Original TinLit clip:
http://s016.radikal.ru/i336/1101/69/3e29cbe5db2f.png
http://s010.radikal.ru/i314/1101/a2/c9cd69b959a8.png
http://i071.radikal.ru/1101/f1/b9266e380e4d.png
My remake and final version:
http://i051.radikal.ru/1101/0a/14da573c3be1.png
http://i006.radikal.ru/1101/d6/4744b3ed0025.png
http://s016.radikal.ru/i336/1101/be/90f47ef9447d.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... MCk#t=439s
Still "put the one after the other and it's kinda"?
User avatar
Bill Ein
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2009

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby TritioAFB » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:39 am

Bill Ein That's actually true about the russian community, that's the reason I always choose a russian mate in the betatesting of clips: You guys always goes extra detailed.

But what's the general thought about the MEPs in the russian community? And the Collabs?
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
Image
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest