Finals General Discussion

This is a forum for discussion of the 2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards.

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:56 pm

I am still disappointed that Mahou Shoujo Requiem didn't win anything. But great work from Shin, managing to have a tie with Pencilhead (4 - 4 categories won, talking about videos only) :>
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby l33tmeatwad » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:I am still disappointed that Mahou Shoujo Requiem didn't win anything. But great work from Shin, managing to have a tie with Pencilhead (4 - 4 categories won, talking about videos only) :>

Umm...shin won in 5 video categories...
Guides, Scripts, & Software: AMV 101 | AMVpack | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Status: Trolling

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby gotegenks » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:08 pm

yeah well pencilhead was one video, sooo....
Image
User avatar
gotegenks
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: charlesgood, california

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby l33tmeatwad » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm

gote wrote:yeah well pencilhead was one video, sooo....

And?
Guides, Scripts, & Software: AMV 101 | AMVpack | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Status: Trolling

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Snowcrash » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:56 pm

TritioAFB wrote:You didn't expect Ru.comix 2 Shin? When I first proposed it as Best MEP I was pretty sure that it needed more appreciation. I remembered commenting one of the French guys that this time the Best MEP was going to be a kind of versus between EM and Ru.comix, Depending of the result we'll know that

It reminds me the VCA 2010 when Versus was kicked out by AMV Hell 5.
But Ru.comix 2 is much better.
Image
User avatar
Snowcrash
 
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Location: France
Status: Looking for a job T_T

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:06 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:I am still disappointed that Mahou Shoujo Requiem didn't win anything. But great work from Shin, managing to have a tie with Pencilhead (4 - 4 categories won, talking about videos only) :>

Umm...shin won in 5 video categories...

Oh, right! Cool, pretty much :>

(And shows I can't count for ****)

gote wrote:yeah well pencilhead was one video, sooo....

If you ask me, doing few epic pieces in one year is more than doing one epic video in a year ;x
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Ikore » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:If you ask me, doing few epic pieces in one year is more than doing one epic video in a year ;x
2 years

going from "unknown" to a pretty great editor is a merit, Shin-AMV did an incredible raising this year, hope he stays around longer :bear:
SING! Never mind the words!!!
User avatar
Ikore
 
Joined: 06 Sep 2007
Location: Costa Rica.
Status: Alive

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Congrats to him for causing such a sensaShin. :ying:
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Shin-AMV » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Ikore wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:If you ask me, doing few epic pieces in one year is more than doing one epic video in a year ;x
2 years

going from "unknown" to a pretty great editor is a merit, Shin-AMV did an incredible raising this year, hope he stays around longer :bear:


Its really all downhill from here for me :ying:

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Congrats to him for causing such a sensaShin. :ying:

Haha! Quick, someone put this to some art for the merch contest!
Image
User avatar
Shin-AMV
 
Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Status: Emo Poptart

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby l33tmeatwad » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:
Ikore wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:If you ask me, doing few epic pieces in one year is more than doing one epic video in a year ;x
2 years

going from "unknown" to a pretty great editor is a merit, Shin-AMV did an incredible raising this year, hope he stays around longer :bear:


Its really all downhill from here for me :ying:

True story, I tripped shin while he was standing at the top of the hill, NOW I'M KING OF THE HILL! :bear:
Guides, Scripts, & Software: AMV 101 | AMVpack | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Status: Trolling

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby TritioAFB » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Snowcrash wrote:
TritioAFB wrote:You didn't expect Ru.comix 2 Shin? When I first proposed it as Best MEP I was pretty sure that it needed more appreciation. I remembered commenting one of the French guys that this time the Best MEP was going to be a kind of versus between EM and Ru.comix, Depending of the result we'll know that

It reminds me the VCA 2010 when Versus was kicked out by AMV Hell 5.
But Ru.comix 2 is much better.


I'm surprised you're the one saying that :o

Before watching Versus I had an old concept of the MEP, after that MEP I felt like I could believe again in MEPs since I considered them in the past boring and random. AMV Hell was good, I enjoyed SOME tracks but I couldn't find myself into the whole MEP

Now in the current edition:

I said it first in AKROSS: The video was pretty good. French knows how to manage the scene selection and EM reflected that. Perhaps the Parody to EotE Op, could have distracted me but not like I will not watch it.

In the case of Ru.Comix: I still insist: if you haven't watched that series, you're missing lots of wonderful things :bear:
In this moment the version 3 is currently in process. Even when some jokes are russians, this is an example that language barrier just vanishs in terms of getting into an idea.
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
Image
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby gotegenks » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
gote wrote:yeah well pencilhead was one video, sooo....

If you ask me, doing few epic pieces in one year is more than doing one epic video in a year ;x

well it was a joke cause meatwad was like "actually shin beat pencilhead" (i know he wasn't really saying that, this is part of the joke) and shin made about 8 videos compared to qwaqa's one video (pencilhead).

i'd beg to differ about your statement but i wasn't saying qwaqa>shin just makin a funny like pencilhead>shin since 1 video making 4 categories is (to me) 4x more impressive than 4 videos making 4 categories

(all the numbers in this post are probably inaccurate and still great great job shin just meant to be a comment playing on the complete awe i'm in of qwaqa and his video, pencilhead.)
Image
User avatar
gotegenks
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: charlesgood, california

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby Shin-AMV » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:49 am

gote wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
gote wrote:yeah well pencilhead was one video, sooo....

If you ask me, doing few epic pieces in one year is more than doing one epic video in a year ;x

well it was a joke cause meatwad was like "actually shin beat pencilhead" (i know he wasn't really saying that, this is part of the joke) and shin made about 8 videos compared to qwaqa's one video (pencilhead).

i'd beg to differ about your statement but i wasn't saying qwaqa>shin just makin a funny like pencilhead>shin since 1 video making 4 categories is (to me) 4x more impressive than 4 videos making 4 categories

(all the numbers in this post are probably inaccurate and still great great job shin just meant to be a comment playing on the complete awe i'm in of qwaqa and his video, pencilhead.)


haha. Its cool, its cool. :P
Image
User avatar
Shin-AMV
 
Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Status: Emo Poptart

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby MimS » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:32 am

@Tritio : I just don't like MEPs which are supposed to be funny. So I didn't even try to watch AMV Hell 5 or Ru.Comix 2... Oh well, I 'tried' but quickly did something else. This is not what I call MEP in fact...
On Akross, some guy blames French people for making MEPS over and over again, that this is boring, he even said that, in EM case, we should rather have done a parody of EOtE OP : just, what the fuck? How come he criticizes on this point? I just don't give a fuck if people don't like MEPs not even understanding the reason why we make them. Also, why should we make a parody? God, I don't have anything against Russian Community but sometimes, I just want to hit on some of them, they're just pissing me off.
Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: Finals General Discussion

Postby TritioAFB » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:50 am

MimS wrote:@Tritio : I just don't like MEPs which are supposed to be funny. So I didn't even try to watch AMV Hell 5 or Ru.Comix 2... Oh well, I 'tried' but quickly did something else. This is not what I call MEP in fact...
On Akross, some guy blames French people for making MEPS over and over again, that this is boring, he even said that, in EM case, we should rather have done a parody of EOtE OP : just, what the fuck? How come he criticizes on this point? I just don't give a fuck if people don't like MEPs not even understanding the reason why we make them. Also, why should we make a parody? God, I don't have anything against Russian Community but sometimes, I just want to hit on some of them, they're just pissing me off.


This is because the elitism is just in all its manner in Russia. Sometimes I just start to think that they treat the hobby like if only and only they know how to make a good amv :|

But we got a point: I also have the same conception about how to define a MEP, man we're more similar that I thought :amv:
If the MEP seems worthy I continue watching, if after 2 minutes I'm bored I stop. That's it.

I'm also surprised you remembered who was the responsable of that comment, I mean I didn't expect you to even remember that comment. But why blaming if the best MEPs are normally made by French? Versus, Memory Flash, ParaStarLight.......
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
Image
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest