VCA Schedule

This is a forum for discussion of the 2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards.

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby Bill Ein » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:48 pm

[MEP] Ru.Comix 2
Organisation: Turbo
32 editors: Aggressor, ARXANGEL, Bill Ein, Death_Kn1ght, Delphin, Domovoy992, GoBlin, Hlebalolomator, Nicotine, JestoChan, KaiNa, ^LEBRON^, Mister Colt, Narumaru, Riddick, SDrake, Seriy, TinLit, Uk@R , VasSerMan7, Vatik, Voni, Win4ster, X_x, Yuuske, ZEVS1993, ZlopeR, zzerg, Пима Младший, т___Т, Noks, Misk.
Nominetad: BEST COLLABORATIVE VIDEO
Not nominated: BEST MULTI-EDITOR PROJECT
Image
User avatar
Bill Ein
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2009

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby ProjectBarcodeError » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Bill Ein wrote:[MEP] Ru.Comix 2
Organisation: Turbo
32 editors: Aggressor, ARXANGEL, Bill Ein, Death_Kn1ght, Delphin, Domovoy992, GoBlin, Hlebalolomator, Nicotine, JestoChan, KaiNa, ^LEBRON^, Mister Colt, Narumaru, Riddick, SDrake, Seriy, TinLit, Uk@R , VasSerMan7, Vatik, Voni, Win4ster, X_x, Yuuske, ZEVS1993, ZlopeR, zzerg, Пима Младший, т___Т, Noks, Misk.
Nominetad: BEST COLLABORATIVE VIDEO
Not nominated: BEST MULTI-EDITOR PROJECT
Image


Image
User avatar
ProjectBarcodeError
 
Joined: 09 May 2011
Location: snooping as usual

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Bill Ein wrote:[MEP] Ru.Comix 2
Organisation: Turbo
32 editors: Aggressor, ARXANGEL, Bill Ein, Death_Kn1ght, Delphin, Domovoy992, GoBlin, Hlebalolomator, Nicotine, JestoChan, KaiNa, ^LEBRON^, Mister Colt, Narumaru, Riddick, SDrake, Seriy, TinLit, Uk@R , VasSerMan7, Vatik, Voni, Win4ster, X_x, Yuuske, ZEVS1993, ZlopeR, zzerg, Пима Младший, т___Т, Noks, Misk.
Nominetad: BEST COLLABORATIVE VIDEO
Not nominated: BEST MULTI-EDITOR PROJECT
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://fastpic.ru/

The system decides the category by the number of creators listed on org. If you list the video by yourself, then even if you have 3000 other editors in it, if you're on the org alone, it will be a single editor video :>
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby Bill Ein » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:The system decides the category by the number of creators listed on org. If you list the video by yourself, then even if you have 3000 other editors in it, if you're on the org alone, it will be a single editor video :>

Image
User avatar
Bill Ein
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2009

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Bill Ein wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:The system decides the category by the number of creators listed on org. If you list the video by yourself, then even if you have 3000 other editors in it, if you're on the org alone, it will be a single editor video :>

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://fastpic.ru/view/31/2012/0123/a1553791fef39439e0b87a57cc445617.jpg.html

And? I've checked that video before ^^
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby Ileia » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:28 pm

AND

by the definition of the category:
"In a multi-editor project (MEP), editors divide and edit distinct 'tracks', which are then joined by transitions and compiled into one AMV. A MEP generally has a theme that features a specific artist, genre, or style of editing. Examples of this are AyuMix and AMV Hell (NOTE: there is a separate category for Best Collaborative Video, which is a video to one singular, continuous song track made by more than one editor.)"


Ru.Comix 2 is an MEP. There are distant tracks, it is not one continuous song track. So it should be in MEP, not in collab.
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Okay ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby Bill Ein » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:36 pm

And... what we do wrong?
User avatar
Bill Ein
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2009

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Bill Ein wrote:And... what we do wrong?

Nothing. Quirks of a system happen all the time. If someone with the power to alter it appears, it will get changed, I suppose.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby GloryQuestor » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Bill Ein wrote:And... what we do wrong?

Nothing. Quirks of a system happen all the time. If someone with the power to alter it appears, it will get changed, I suppose.


We'll try to get it fixed. :sweat:
Samurai Warriors Productions
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
User avatar
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2004
Location: Cane Ridge, TN
Status: Moved to a new town, looking around.

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby Shin-AMV » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:47 pm

GloryQuestor wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
Bill Ein wrote:And... what we do wrong?

Nothing. Quirks of a system happen all the time. If someone with the power to alter it appears, it will get changed, I suppose.


We'll try to get it fixed. :sweat:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhy7dXWjpAA
Image
User avatar
Shin-AMV
 
Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Status: Emo Poptart

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby Nya-chan Production » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Have to say I am disappointed. Half of the... no maybe even two thirds of the categories just list the same videos. Not cool, viewers |:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Random stats time! (all numbers based on initial info when categories went live for a given round. All stats based on the 24 video-related categories, not the person based ones.)

Nominations Round
-------------------
1868 Editors
3687 videos

Semi-Final Round (480 slots)
-----------------
128 Editors (26.7% unique)
204 Videos (42.5% unique)

Final Round (125 slots)
-----------
48 Editors (38.4% unique)
64 Videos (51.2% unique)

Winning videos (24 slots)
--------------
14 Editors (58.3% unique)
15 Videos (62.5% unique)
Last edited by BasharOfTheAges on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby Bill Ein » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:46 pm

User avatar
Bill Ein
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2009

Re: VCA Schedule

Postby TritioAFB » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Have to say I am disappointed. Half of the... no maybe even two thirds of the categories just list the same videos. Not cool, viewers |:


Seems the crowd wants to see a single video winning more than just one category. And with the amount of videos worthy of the VCAs the term 'Variety' is being too much subjective this time :(
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
Image
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron