ANIME EXPO 2010 Amv Meet & Greet (WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!)

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

ANIME EXPO 2010 Amv Meet & Greet (WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!)

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Oiwake Restaurant in Little Tokyo Plaza - Wed (Day 0) starting at 6pm

We did have a lot of fun last year and everyone seemed to enjoy it overall. The size of the room was good, we had our laptop hooked to the tv so AMVs played throughout the night. (a few folks even brought their own laptops to share stuff at their personal tables). Everyone appreciated our quiz and random shtuff we gave out, so yeah it was good.

AMV Showing- The show is still on this year so if you have videos you want in the mix post here or shoot me a pm with a link so i can d/l them early.

Return of the Random Anime Quiz!! Quizzes will be due no later than 8pm. If you want a chance at winning schwag then you need to come before-hand and turn in your quiz on time! Video Answers will be played at 8:15 and winners announced directly after. 2009 Quiz Video. We will also be having our drawing for our fabulous M&G poster (created by me, and signed by everyone in attendance). Last year's winner was our very own GTC, and Ryvannis won the original artwork of our mascot Amp. This year's poster will be slightly varied from 09.

We will also be having a raffle for a special piece of schwag, so be sure to bring a couple dollars with you. (proceeds will go to our host, Restaurant Oiwake.)
AX forums
Last edited by Rider4Z on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: ANIME EXPO 2010 Amv Meet & Greet

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Sure, that'll give me an actual deadline for when to get down there. I might be bringing another person or two as well, but that isn't definite.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Kitsuner wrote:Sure, that'll give me an actual deadline for when to get down there. I might be bringing another person or two as well, but that isn't definite.
Awesome, didn't know you were coming!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sat May 01, 2010 1:30 am

Castor Troy wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:Sure, that'll give me an actual deadline for when to get down there. I might be bringing another person or two as well, but that isn't definite.
Awesome, didn't know you were coming!
It's the first stop on my journey to Chicago. :)
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu May 06, 2010 1:05 am

I'll be there again, I can guarantee at least two guests in tow, I've got to check on a third.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

dowhatnow
Org Profile

Post by dowhatnow » Mon May 10, 2010 4:08 am

I'll likely be there again this year, solo once again.

Stryyder
Org Profile

Post by Stryyder » Tue May 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Awesome. Yeah, I'm mostly on the AX Forums so I forget to make sure you guys know about it too, lol. Will this be post or pre nuptuals, WK?
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room Manager 2014-
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room staff 2010-2013
Anime California: AMV Staff 2019-
Anime Conji: AMV Staff 2014-2015
Anime Vegas: AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2013

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed May 19, 2010 3:37 pm

Technically pre. Anime Expo is actually my last week as a bachelor per se as three days after the convention ends is the wedding. Hell, half the wedding party will be at the Con (groom, bride, best man, groomsman and maid of honor will be present).
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed May 19, 2010 6:33 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Technically pre. Anime Expo is actually my last week as a bachelor per se as three days after the convention ends is the wedding. Hell, half the wedding party will be at the Con (groom, bride, best man, groomsman and maid of honor will be present).
You should have the wedding during the amv awards and when you win Best of Show, you say "I do".

...of course, you'll have to battle me for Best of Show.. :mrgreen:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed May 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
The Wired Knight wrote:Technically pre. Anime Expo is actually my last week as a bachelor per se as three days after the convention ends is the wedding. Hell, half the wedding party will be at the Con (groom, bride, best man, groomsman and maid of honor will be present).
You should have the wedding during the amv awards and when you win Best of Show, you say "I do".

...of course, you'll have to battle me for Best of Show.. :mrgreen:
:|

WHA! :amv:

Return to “Anime Conventions”