2009 AWA Editor's dinner

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: 2009 AWA Editor's dinner

Post by Scintilla » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:34 pm

arsienna wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing everybody their. I'm familiar with just about everyone's work and it will be nice to put a face and voice to all of it. By the way if anybody has trouble getting from the convention/hotel to the restaurant and back I have 2 open seats in my van and I don't mind playing the DD for the night as long as it's not too late. I have an 8:00 a.m. class the next morning.
Wait, what? We have to DRIVE to the restaurant?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:02 pm

Scintilla wrote:
arsienna wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing everybody their. I'm familiar with just about everyone's work and it will be nice to put a face and voice to all of it. By the way if anybody has trouble getting from the convention/hotel to the restaurant and back I have 2 open seats in my van and I don't mind playing the DD for the night as long as it's not too late. I have an 8:00 a.m. class the next morning.
Wait, what? We have to DRIVE to the restaurant?
We have always walked.. it's not really that far away that one must drive or anything

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:18 pm

I feel bad that Scintilla will never see the classic "bridge of death". :P
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Although it wasn't quite as death defying after they put up the safety railing. But for a few years... yeah I loved the bridge of death.

arsienna
Org Profile

Post by arsienna » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Sorry my mistake. I forgot about the cheesecake factory out there. I was thinking about another one. Forget about my previous offer.

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm not going to lie... now that I'm 21, I'm probably going to get REALLY boozed.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:54 am

Castor Troy wrote:I feel bad that Scintilla will never see the classic "bridge of death". :P
We could take the "scenic" route

On a side note I know I spoke with Wired and kit, but who else needs a ride from the airport?
I'm working some figures and may be able to get a Van for under $8 a person if we get enough on board. And I think we can yet do better than that so I'm still pricing some avenues.

I just got a quote for ~6pm (depending on your flights) and this guy can do upto 10 people in his limo for $98 or, up to 15 in the van for same price :up:
I know everyone comes in at different times, but that Van special would put the cost to roughly $6.50/person if you don't mind waiting around.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:48 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:I feel bad that Scintilla will never see the classic "bridge of death". :P
We could take the "scenic" route

On a side note I know I spoke with Wired and kit, but who else needs a ride from the airport?
I'm working some figures and may be able to get a Van for under $8 a person if we get enough on board. And I think we can yet do better than that so I'm still pricing some avenues.

I just got a quote for ~6pm (depending on your flights) and this guy can do upto 10 people in his limo for $98 or, up to 15 in the van for same price :up:
I know everyone comes in at different times, but that Van special would put the cost to roughly $6.50/person if you don't mind waiting around.
I'm getting in around 3:17pm on Thursday, so I need a ride. I still got your phone # from back in the day. Regardless, I need to wait for Kit so he can get us our hotel stuff.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:54 am

Intresting. I get in at 4:30 pm. Well, it's gonna depend on how many and when

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:02 am

If you guys can find a few more today, I'll catch a few in the IRC there's no doubt we can find a good bit and make this cost effective.
Last edited by Mr Pilkington on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Anime Conventions”