Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
exVanquish
Org Profile

Re: Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

Post by exVanquish » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:03 am

Parodic Productions wrote:Okay, Cheesecake Factory it is then. Now, here's a list of everyone who has agreed to come, correct me if otherwise:

NightMistress85 + 2 guests
Cosmos Studio
Parodic Productions (me)
L.Fist
sallen3k
Neardawg
-Corsair-
thundercleez
Brakus
chui101
phoenixblood
Sky-Blaze (sounds a little unsure, but it'll do)

So, that's roughly fourteen(14) people.

I'll make the reservations next week, seeing as I live nearby. I'm looking either Monday at the earliest unless otherwise. Just to make certain, I'll reserve for fifteen people; looking at the designs of the restaurant, we're more than likely to be seated at two or more tables. So,just a heads up.

Now, a sign could work initially, but we would need to have something for late arrivals. I suggest a reservation name that everyone can remember to ask at the front desk.

Now, normally Otakon AMV group is fine, but two years ago at Uno's, there was a slight major mixup with the names and they seated the wrong group of twenty people. Three of the original people ate alone in the restaurant, and I wondered around like a jackass all through the diner til I gave up and stuck with a McDonald's instead. But I'd given up fast food for New Year's Resolution a year and half ago, so that's not gonna happen again. Anyway, I digress.

I'm thinking of either risking it with "AMV Dinner" or "Music Video Dinner" as a reservation name and have you ask at the front by name, or I can give you my full name here and reserve under that. Either way, I'm going to make sure that nobody else is seated until I come in. Seems fair, right? Anyway, as for a sign, I suck at such, but I trust you'll be able to spot the man with glasses and a Git-R-Done hat standing outside.

If there is anything else I may have missed, please let me know.

Oh! There is generally a front entrance from inside the little mall, but there's outdoor seating as well. Let me know if you need directions or whether you prefer indoor or outdoor seating, as if I need to ask.
"There will be a dinner Saturday as well after Iron Editor."

I'm going to go on saturday 100% (I'm going to be there Saturday and Sunday) but I can't go on Thursday because of Religious reasons. Also about the reservations, if you mean on saturday, AMV Dinner would be fine and incase you need it, my full name is Jonathan Rozen.
I don't edit. Usually.

sallen3k
Org Profile

Post by sallen3k » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:14 pm

I hate to have to bow out of Thursday nights gathering, but I have the chance to make some really easy overtime, and I really could use the cash. Hopefully, I'll catch up with you all on Saturday night during and after Iron Editor, or maybe run into a few of you during the AMV screenings. :oops:

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:35 pm

sallen3k wrote:I hate to have to bow out of Thursday nights gathering, but I have the chance to make some really easy overtime, and I really could use the cash. Hopefully, I'll catch up with you all on Saturday night during and after Iron Editor, or maybe run into a few of you during the AMV screenings. :oops:
I fully understand. I've been working six hours overtime each week for the past several months. Then the fiscal year ended, now I'm back to regular hours. But it's cool.

As for Thursday, I'm going to reserve a place for 15, just in case, under the name "Music Video Dinner." There are going to be a lot of people this weekend, and Music Video just sounds more specific without being misconstrued by the staff. I'll reserve tomorrow after work; I'll give an update after.

Meantime, we should talk of plans for Saturday after Iron Editor.

...fell free to pitch something.

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Ooooooooookay. Apparently the Cheesecake Factory doesn't take reservations.

I am truly sorry about this, it's my own damn fault for waiting til now to find out. It seems the only way to reserve a spot is if someone walks in that day and waits for 15 spaces to open up. Looking at it, though, it looks like the wait will be at least two hours before anything that big opens up.

Planning ahead, though, I made a reservation at Pizzaria Uno's that's just above the Cheesecake Factory. I reserved for 7:00 under the name "Music Video Dinner" as well as my personal name. I can cancel this anytime though in case anybody has objections.

If you like, there's also a Japanese restaurant right nearby from Uno's, or we could all splurge at Phillips (doubt it). Not sure if these places take reservations. Anyway, there it is. Either someone can brave the long wait at Cheesecake Factory in order to reserve seats, or we can go for Uno's and stay on the safe side.

I should say, though, by the time I get in line, I'm looking at 3:15 at the latest, so by the time I get my convention packet, well, I'm probably not the best pick to wait.

Now, perhaps we could try the Cheesecake Factory on Saturday instead, seeing as we're all meeting up after Iron Editor anyhow. Wait will still be hell, but there's the alternative. Come to think, it may be less crowded by then, but then I don't know what services they'll have up that late either. Let me know what some of you think.
Last edited by Parodic Productions on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thundercleez
Org Profile

Post by thundercleez » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Iron editor doesn't end until 10pm. Would the wait really be long that late? Pizzeria Uno's is fine with me. On another note, anyone remember how late the prereg line stays open?

phoenixblood
Org Profile

Post by phoenixblood » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:43 pm

Parodic Productions wrote:Ooooooooookay. Apparently the Cheesecake Factory doesn't take reservations.

I am truly sorry about this, it's my own damn fault for waiting til now to find out. It seems the only way to reserve a spot is if someone walks in that day and waits for 15 spaces to open up. Looking at it, though, it looks like the wait will be at least two hours before anything that big opens up.

Planning ahead, though, I made a reservation at Pizzaria Uno's that's just above the Cheesecake Factory. I reserved for 7:00 under the name "Music Video Dinner" as well as my personal name. I can cancel this anytime though in case anybody has objections.

If you like, there's also a Japanese restaurant right nearby from Uno's, or we could all splurge at Phillips (doubt it). Not sure if these places take reservations. Anyway, there it is. Either someone can brave the long wait at Cheesecake Factory in order to reserve seats, or we can go for Uno's and stay on the safe side.

I should say, though, by the time I get in line, I'm looking at 3:15 at the latest, so by the time I get my convention packet, well, I'm probably not the best pick to wait.

Now, perhaps we could try the Cheesecake Factory on Saturday instead, seeing as we're all meeting up after Iron Editor anyhow. Wait will still be hell, but there's the alternative. Come to think, it may be less crowded by then, but then I don't know what services they'll have up that late either. Let me know what some of you think.
Phillips = salad (for vegatarians) = :nono:

I'd say if someone can get to the Cheesecake Factory around 5 and put our name in, that'll work. If we have a couple people there early enough, we can rotate out and pre-reg while we wait. I don't know what Inner Harbor is like during the week, but I can't imagine a Thursday night being *that* bad.

I was planning on leaving work around 6pm and get to the Inner Harbor hopefully before 7pm, but I can see if I can leave earlier. I just switched jobs so I pretty much have no vacation time so I need to make up for what I'll be missing on Friday as it is. Plus I'm going in late tomorrow because of a doctor's appt. So I gotta do the math on making up hours before I can commit to getting there around 5-5:30.

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:06 pm

I could still try to get there after getting my packet if you like. Last year, the lines at the con went be fairly quick, and I got there after 4:30. So, I could try if everyone is settled for Cheesecake.

I noticed while I was there today how slightly crowded it seemed. Maybe that will not be an issue on Thurdsday, maybe it will. If you really want to still eat there, I can give it a shot. Let me know your opinion.

Who knows, I could even try just waiting at the restaurant and getting my tickets later. It'll be open til 11 anyway.

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:32 am

well i would like to meet everyone again too. So count me in for the reservation.

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:54 pm

You know what? I'd been thinking about this alot. I am sick of Uno's every year.

I'm gonna go ahead and wait outside of the Cheesecake Factory instead and pick up room for fif...sixteen people. I can wait to pick my packet up after dinner, that way I won't have to wait in the blazing heat for two hours. Pre-reg closes at 11 anyway. I'll go ahead and cancel the reservations at Uno's tomorrow. How's that?

So! The Cheesecake Factory is back on; whether or not our seats will be ready by 7:00 is unknown. I'll be waiting for at least two hours for something to open up. If I should be seated before everybody gets there, I'll be sure to tell the staff at the front to forward you at the respective table. Now, I'll tell them it's the "Music Video Dinner," as usual, so remember that.

Sorry for all the confusion people. I assure you there is still a convention this weekend.

exVanquish
Org Profile

Post by exVanquish » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:49 pm

I'm just wondering what is happening on Saturday? O.o
Sorry I'm getting just a little confused.... hehe...
I don't edit. Usually.

Return to “Anime Conventions”