Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.

Re: Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

Postby exVanquish » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:27 pm

I would really want to go. I know I'm gonna be at Otakon 09 for most likely 2 days so I would really prefer it to be on a saturday. This way I can enjoy more of the con and go instead of have less con fun and go to the dinner or have more con fun and skip the dinner. I'm decided to go to Otakon on short notice so all I can go for is 2 days sadly.

phoenixblood wrote:I have gift cards to use for Cheesecake Factory

Cheescake Factory FTW!!! I love that place =D Great food.

-Corsair- wrote:I would like to attend, but I'm only 15

I'm 15 too! =P

But yeah, I would definitely like it if it was on a saturday.
I don't edit. Usually.
exVanquish

Postby NightMistress85 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:22 pm

There will be a dinner Saturday as well after Iron Editor. That typically has more anyway since it's right after Iron Editor :) .

@peebs: DEFINITELY try to swing by if you can! Parking is cheaper after 6 too!
NightMistress85

Postby thundercleez » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:02 pm

An AMV creators get together? This sounds pretty cool. I'm somewhat new to the AMV scene but I'd love to meet up with you guys. Just need to know time and place.
thundercleez

Postby Parodic Productions » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Okay, so far we have a count of nine(9), maybe ten(10) hands for Thursday. If anyone has any friends or such coming with them, please say so and how many.

Now, some have said Pizzaria Uno's for dinner, some are favoring the Cheesecake Factory. We're gonna have to vote on which one we want best. Either one sells both regular and alchoholic beverages, although CF does carry the hard stuff :D. But, otherwise, I'm for Cheesecake, seeing as how I've been to Uno's three con years in a row. That, plus, Saturday's probably going to be Uno's again.

Whatever we decide, we'll meet up after pre-registration on Thursday at...7:00, giving us two hours to pick up our tickets and/or hotel rooms.

On a Saturday note, this all pends on the con schedule itself. The Saturday dinner normally takes place right after the AMV Iron Editor event, where the contest winners are announced as well. From the end of that, a group meets up, usually with the contest winners, and then goes out to dinner, usually at a whim. Last year, it got a little mixed up, but many of us ended up at Uno's...again. So, there you go.
Parodic Productions

Postby NightMistress85 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:06 pm

I'm good with Cheesecake Factory :D . I am pretty sure my 2-3 friends from last year will be there as well so can you add them to the tally?
NightMistress85

Postby L.Fist » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:38 pm

This Cheesecake Factory sounds intriguing. So just to verify, what are the meet up times?
L.Fist

Postby Parodic Productions » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Seven (7) o'clock PM
eastern
Parodic Productions

Postby Brakus » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:38 am

I could be interested in the get-together on Thursday night (if there is one). It depends on how soon we all get our badges, though, but still, sounds like fun.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff, AWA AMV VAT staff
"Defying the future one step at a time"
Brakus

Postby NightMistress85 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:51 am

There's no maybe about it. It's on! I'm actually planning to get my badge *after* dinner though since they will still be open. It's so easy since nobody's there.
NightMistress85

Postby chui101 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm up for a Thursday meetup. Or a Saturday night meetup, since I don't plan on going to the rave. And I have absolutely no complaints about Cheesecake Factory!
Cyber Ninja Productions - http://www.devilsbsd.net
chui101

Postby phoenixblood » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:49 am

It sounds like Cheesecake Factory it is. No complaints here. :awesome:

They give you so much food though............anyone up for splitting a portobella sandwich and fries? :D
phoenixblood

Postby thundercleez » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm

So it's Cheesecake Factory on Thursday at 7 then? How are us newbies supposed to find the group? Someone going to have a sign or something? I'm guessing the meeting location will be out front of Cheesecake Factory?
thundercleez

Postby NightMistress85 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:36 pm

Hmm a sign doesn't sound like to bad of an idea. Last year though I think we were simply gathered at the front as a group and people just asked :P . How many entrances does Cheesecake Factory have again? I definitely know there's one from inside the mall. Perhaps that should be the designated one in case there's another I forgot about?
NightMistress85

Postby Parodic Productions » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Okay, Cheesecake Factory it is then. Now, here's a list of everyone who has agreed to come, correct me if otherwise:

NightMistress85 + 2 guests
Cosmos Studio
Parodic Productions (me)
L.Fist
sallen3k
Neardawg
-Corsair-
thundercleez
Brakus
chui101
phoenixblood
Sky-Blaze (sounds a little unsure, but it'll do)

So, that's roughly fourteen(14) people.

I'll make the reservations next week, seeing as I live nearby. I'm looking either Monday at the earliest unless otherwise. Just to make certain, I'll reserve for fifteen people; looking at the designs of the restaurant, we're more than likely to be seated at two or more tables. So,just a heads up.

Now, a sign could work initially, but we would need to have something for late arrivals. I suggest a reservation name that everyone can remember to ask at the front desk.

Now, normally Otakon AMV group is fine, but two years ago at Uno's, there was a slight major mixup with the names and they seated the wrong group of twenty people. Three of the original people ate alone in the restaurant, and I wondered around like a jackass all through the diner til I gave up and stuck with a McDonald's instead. But I'd given up fast food for New Year's Resolution a year and half ago, so that's not gonna happen again. Anyway, I digress.

I'm thinking of either risking it with "AMV Dinner" or "Music Video Dinner" as a reservation name and have you ask at the front by name, or I can give you my full name here and reserve under that. Either way, I'm going to make sure that nobody else is seated until I come in. Seems fair, right? Anyway, as for a sign, I suck at such, but I trust you'll be able to spot the man with glasses and a Git-R-Done hat standing outside.

If there is anything else I may have missed, please let me know.

Oh! There is generally a front entrance from inside the little mall, but there's outdoor seating as well. Let me know if you need directions or whether you prefer indoor or outdoor seating, as if I need to ask.
Parodic Productions

Postby NightMistress85 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:14 pm

Sounds like a plan! I *may* have a 3rd guest depending on when she arrives (last year her train came in really late after the dinner), so maybe 16 is good? I guess eating outside would depend on the weather. Last year there was a random torrential downpour as I made my way to Unos :x I think "AMV Dinner" is sensible enough btw.
NightMistress85

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Conventions