Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
NightMistress85
Org Profile

Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

Post by NightMistress85 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi everyone! Another year is soon approaching. I don't know about you all, but I prefer for Otakon to be in August. Sneaks up too fast for me when it's in July. Oh well, it should be fun regardless. Anyway, I figured we should get the ball rolling with the con almost a month away now. Assuming once again that there will be a Thursday and Saturday meeting, does anyone have any ideas so far? Last year we ate at Unos on Thursday as well as Saturday night. Wherever we go, a decent drink menu would be preferred :wink: .

Cosmos Studio
Org Profile

Re: Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

Post by Cosmos Studio » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:24 pm

Depending on the con schedule I'd be up to meet at some point during the weekend. I've seen a few postings on the Otakon board, but everyone said to come here to talk about an AMV creators gathering. ^^;

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Hiya. I was about to post this tonight. Meh.

I'm all for Uno's again this year if everyone else's game. There are other restaurants I may know of, including Mexican, Irish and Japanese cuisine.

I'd recommend, like last year, the scheduled arrival time be at around 7:00 in front of wherever it is we agree to meetup. This way, we'll be able to get through all the hassle of picking up tickets and checking in before dinner. We're going to need a count of everyone willing to go, including tagolongs/friends that will be joining.

L.Fist
Org Profile

Post by L.Fist » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Oi, I already put up an otakon topic. :(

*rereads title*

Oh. In that case, I'm not a big fan of Uno's. What other places have good food?

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:13 pm

Parodic Productions wrote:Hiya. I was about to post this tonight. Meh.

I'm all for Uno's again this year if everyone else's game. There are other restaurants I may know of, including Mexican, Irish and Japanese cuisine.

I'd recommend, like last year, the scheduled arrival time be at around 7:00 in front of wherever it is we agree to meetup. This way, we'll be able to get through all the hassle of picking up tickets and checking in before dinner. We're going to need a count of everyone willing to go, including tagolongs/friends that will be joining.
Sorry!! Just got a little anxious :sweat:. Even still, Japanese cuisine may be a really really popular option. I ate at this one Irish place before but I didn't really care for it. I definitely liked that Uno's wasn't crowded.
L.Fist wrote:Oi, I already put up an otakon topic.

*rereads title*

Oh. In that case, I'm not a big fan of Uno's. What other places have good food?
Yeah I only did it this one since it didn't seem food/meetup centric.

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:41 pm

*sob* I wish Immorrel and I were going this year. :cry: Unfortunately, the military said otherwise. -_- I might try to make it next year, but it would just be me by myself. (Immorrel will be overseas. :()I have family in NJ, so I might just shcedule a visit around that time. :P

Anyway, have fun everyone! *^_^*

@Nightmistress-I'm so sorry. I read your pm and dled the vid, then totally spaced. :sweat: I'm really sorry. :oops: *hugs*
ImageImage

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Oh it's cool!. I know things get so crazy with life sometimes. Glad to know you're doing okay though. Too bad we're going to miss you and Immorrel this year, but best of luck!

sallen3k
Org Profile

Post by sallen3k » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:40 am

I'm definitely up for a Thursday evening gathering. I'm not sure about Saturday though. It depends on the time.
Can't wait to meet some new friends :)

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Cool to have another Thursday person on board! As for Saturday, it's at night (I'd imagine 10pm at the earliest).

sallen3k
Org Profile

Post by sallen3k » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:14 pm

NightMistress85 wrote:Cool to have another Thursday person on board! As for Saturday, it's at night (I'd imagine 10pm at the earliest).
My only question is if I decide to go see Stellastar at the Ottobar that saturday night. I've never seen them live, and it's only $12

Return to “Anime Conventions”