Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.

Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

Postby NightMistress85 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi everyone! Another year is soon approaching. I don't know about you all, but I prefer for Otakon to be in August. Sneaks up too fast for me when it's in July. Oh well, it should be fun regardless. Anyway, I figured we should get the ball rolling with the con almost a month away now. Assuming once again that there will be a Thursday and Saturday meeting, does anyone have any ideas so far? Last year we ate at Unos on Thursday as well as Saturday night. Wherever we go, a decent drink menu would be preferred :wink: .
NightMistress85

Re: Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

Postby Cosmos Studio » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:24 pm

Depending on the con schedule I'd be up to meet at some point during the weekend. I've seen a few postings on the Otakon board, but everyone said to come here to talk about an AMV creators gathering. ^^;
Cosmos Studio

Postby Parodic Productions » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Hiya. I was about to post this tonight. Meh.

I'm all for Uno's again this year if everyone else's game. There are other restaurants I may know of, including Mexican, Irish and Japanese cuisine.

I'd recommend, like last year, the scheduled arrival time be at around 7:00 in front of wherever it is we agree to meetup. This way, we'll be able to get through all the hassle of picking up tickets and checking in before dinner. We're going to need a count of everyone willing to go, including tagolongs/friends that will be joining.
Neither vice nor prayer
Can ever compare
To the mutual care
Of Central Air
Parodic Productions

Postby L.Fist » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Oi, I already put up an otakon topic. :(

*rereads title*

Oh. In that case, I'm not a big fan of Uno's. What other places have good food?
L.Fist

Postby NightMistress85 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:13 pm

Parodic Productions wrote:Hiya. I was about to post this tonight. Meh.

I'm all for Uno's again this year if everyone else's game. There are other restaurants I may know of, including Mexican, Irish and Japanese cuisine.

I'd recommend, like last year, the scheduled arrival time be at around 7:00 in front of wherever it is we agree to meetup. This way, we'll be able to get through all the hassle of picking up tickets and checking in before dinner. We're going to need a count of everyone willing to go, including tagolongs/friends that will be joining.

Sorry!! Just got a little anxious :sweat:. Even still, Japanese cuisine may be a really really popular option. I ate at this one Irish place before but I didn't really care for it. I definitely liked that Uno's wasn't crowded.

L.Fist wrote:Oi, I already put up an otakon topic.

*rereads title*

Oh. In that case, I'm not a big fan of Uno's. What other places have good food?

Yeah I only did it this one since it didn't seem food/meetup centric.
NightMistress85

Postby wurpess » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:41 pm

*sob* I wish Immorrel and I were going this year. :cry: Unfortunately, the military said otherwise. -_- I might try to make it next year, but it would just be me by myself. (Immorrel will be overseas. :()I have family in NJ, so I might just shcedule a visit around that time. :P

Anyway, have fun everyone! *^_^*

@Nightmistress-I'm so sorry. I read your pm and dled the vid, then totally spaced. :sweat: I'm really sorry. :oops: *hugs*
ImageImage
wurpess
rabid fangirl

Postby NightMistress85 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Oh it's cool!. I know things get so crazy with life sometimes. Glad to know you're doing okay though. Too bad we're going to miss you and Immorrel this year, but best of luck!
NightMistress85

Postby sallen3k » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:40 am

I'm definitely up for a Thursday evening gathering. I'm not sure about Saturday though. It depends on the time.
Can't wait to meet some new friends :)
sallen3k

Postby NightMistress85 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Cool to have another Thursday person on board! As for Saturday, it's at night (I'd imagine 10pm at the earliest).
NightMistress85

Postby sallen3k » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:14 pm

NightMistress85 wrote:Cool to have another Thursday person on board! As for Saturday, it's at night (I'd imagine 10pm at the earliest).

My only question is if I decide to go see Stellastar at the Ottobar that saturday night. I've never seen them live, and it's only $12
sallen3k

Postby phoenixblood » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:55 pm

I doubt I'd make it in Thursday, although we'll see. I'll definitely be in Columbia now, so Baltimore isn't too far to go. I'll definitely plan for Saturday night, though.

I have gift cards to use for Cheesecake Factory, but other than that I have no preference as long as they have something vegetarian. And salads don't count. :nono:
phoenixblood

Postby Neardawg » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:26 am

I'd be more inclined to show on Thursday night since it'll give me something to do after I get my badge. I don't really care where it is, but I'd prefer something quiet so I can hear everybody at the table.
Master D - Happy Minority Studio
Neardawg

Postby -Corsair- » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:26 pm

I would like to attend, but I'm only 15, so if you guys are going to a bar, my parents will probably not want me to go.
Nonetheless, it sounds exciting :D
(If any big named editors attend, I WILL want your autograph~)
-Corsair-

Postby NightMistress85 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:42 pm

-Corsair- wrote:I would like to attend, but I'm only 15, so if you guys are going to a bar, my parents will probably not want me to go.
Nonetheless, it sounds exciting :D
(If any big named editors attend, I WILL want your autograph~)

I don't think we'll be meeting at a bar, but whatever restaurant we go to I plan to order a drink with my meal. No worries though because I will not share with minors :nono: or anyone else for that matter since drinks are expensive .
NightMistress85

Postby phoenixblood » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:55 am

LOL.

Yeah, keep the minors sober. :nono: I'm not completely decided, but I'm leaning toward swinging by after work on Thursday since I'm not too far from the city. If I do, I'll hang around for dinner. 8-)
phoenixblood

Next

Return to Anime Conventions