AnimeExpo 2009 AMV M&G - Now with 100% more game updates!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Stryyder
Org Profile

AnimeExpo 2009 AMV M&G - Now with 100% more game updates!

Post by Stryyder » Thu May 28, 2009 5:04 pm

Ok, guys, figured I'd put one of these here, since not everyone goes over to the AX forums. Here is the text from the AX forum thread, posted by Rider4Z/RiderG.
Hidey ho folks!

Last year's AMV Meet & Greet, imo, went over really smoothly. Oiwake Restaurant in Li'l Tokyo was very gracious at hosting us. I don't recall any problems with service, and everyone paid their own bills so neither Stryyder nor I were stuck paying off anything we didn't owe. So awesome job to you guys!
I have spoken with the manager at Oiwake recently and he said we are more than welcome to have our party there again. It being on a Wednesday (Day 0) was perfect because that is generally not a busy night for them.

We roughly had a total of 50-60 people come throughout the night. Which was less than what was originally committed, but Stryyder and I predicted it'd end up being about that much anyway so no harm no foul. I know last minute snaffuu's come up, or you just decide eh nvm i don't wanna go. Your loss

Stryyder and I were also SO excited that they let us hook up our laptop to their semi-large television and play amvs throughout the entire night! I tell ya, after watching a marathon of amvs straight from 6:30 to 11, a measly 28 videos in the actual contest was like a short sprint! For anyone who is curious about the play of videos, that was merely a chunk of my personal collection set on shuffle. I had no idea of the order. I did try to include as many videos made by people who were actually attending the M&G. I feel bad for Kaze tho, i think both her videos played before she even arrived XD. I do remember Castor's moments of glory when Naruto Ball Z and Go The Distance came on screen tho i'm pretty sure i threw in ur Resident Evil vid too... (oh btw, i think someone nominated Go the Distance for video of the year on the .org)

Well, this year I would like to open up the playing of videos to requests. Last year I didn't know if the playing of videos would happen or not. I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up so I kept it a secret. Supplies!! Well, now that I'm confident the playing will happen again, I'm more than happy to take requests and put them into the playlist.

You may request as many as you want. But I will set the playlist again to shuffle so as not to be biased. So if I get more requests than how much time is actually granted to us, I can't guarantee your video will be shown in your presence.
However if you guys trust me not to be biased, I can try to put together an exact playlist with your own videos being played somewhere in the middle... no promises yet. We'll see.

Stryyder and I also have in the works some ideas for maybe a little contest or two w/ prizes.

Keep in contact people! If you have any ideas, suggestions, or comments please share with us! Also leave your amv requests here WITH DOWNLOAD LINK, no streaming (oh and please keep in mind the PG-13 rule) they will be played in a public restaurant so lets not get ourselves kicked out

Let's do it again, fellow Otakus!!!
So yeah, go ahead and post here if you plan on attending (so we have an approximate idea for Oiwake). I think tentative timing currently is 6pm to whenever (we were there till 11pm or so last time). Remember, you don't have to be a creator to come, this is open to all, and bring friends!

~Stryyder

I'll probably consolidate the list from here with the AX forum one but here's this one for now.

Planning to attend (org list):
Rider & Stryyder
Castor Troy
Vlad (+1)
Sephiroth (Maybe)
WiredKnight + 3
Ryvannis
dowhatnow
Radical_Yue (minus Shinowhoredude)

Planning to attend (AX forum list):
Rider & Stryyder + ? (we'll probably have some friends in tow)
Kazemon15 (maybe)
Castor Troy
Inaaca + ?
Nighthawk (maybe)
Ryvannis
Oniman
Animejunkie (maybe)
Jebus (maybe)
C.R. Foxhound
Ryokox37
Hyper Tails
KagatoAMV
Hagaren Viper (maybe)
BenC
Vensy
Sphroth
1MoonGoddess7
MisterFurious (late)
Kero +1
Sephiroth (maybe)
Wired Knight +2
Kisanzi +3
Valion
Xeriea
GTC +4

Official Information
When: Wed., July 1st (Day 0) at 6pm (Rider and I will be there a little early to set up)
Where: Oiwake japanese restaurant, little Tokyo
How to get there: (there are quite a few one way streets in LA so these routes should help you avoid them)
from the Convention Center
Basically find any numbered street 2nd-12th st. (12th street is easiest, it is right by the con center) that goes south. Take it all the way down to San Pedro St. and turn left. Between 1st and 2nd st. on San Pedro there will be a parking garage on your Right side. That is the parking garage for Little Tokyo. Take the Elevators down to the ground floor, go straight out from the elevators until you are outside (by the shops, not through the loading bay area) and you will see an outdoor stage in front of you. The entrance to Oiwake is on the other side of the stage.
From the 101 freeway
Take the "Broadway" exit from either side of the freeway. 101S take a left on Broadway, 101N take a Right on broadway (west on broadway in other words.) Go down to 2nd street and turn left. Go down a few blocks to San Pedro and turn left, then turn right into the parking structure. That is the parking garage for Little Tokyo. Take the Elevators down to the ground floor, go straight out from the elevators until you are outside (by the shops, not through the loading bay area) and you will see an outdoor stage in front of you. The entrance to Oiwake is on the other side of the stage.

Parking structure rates are $2 for every 15minutes, max. of $10 OR flat rate of $4 if you come in after 4pm.

map soon to come

The Buffet will be open until 9pm. The website says $9, but I have been informed the dinner buffet is now $10 plus tax (plus drink). If we have enough people getting alcohol they may give out wristbands, I told them it shouldn't be a problem.

As far as Karaoke, it's gonna be on the fence. If they have enough staff to go around that they can spare one to man the booth, it's on, otherwise, we'll have to make due with what we have.

::UPDATE:: - Game information on page 6 - http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 9#p1247649
Last edited by Stryyder on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room Manager 2014-
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room staff 2010-2013
Anime California: AMV Staff 2019-
Anime Conji: AMV Staff 2014-2015
Anime Vegas: AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2013

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: AnimeExpo AMV M&G

Post by Castor Troy » Thu May 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Like I said on the AX forums, I'll be there. :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: AnimeExpo AMV M&G

Post by Rider4Z » Thu May 28, 2009 5:13 pm

me too!! :mrgreen:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: AnimeExpo 2009 AMV M&G

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu May 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Awwww... even if I do possibly go (which is still not totaly out of the question yet), I not sure I can be there Wed thru Sat/Sun :( The Contest afterall on the Firday night (if I do recall)?

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu May 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Awwww... even if I do possibly go (which is still not totaly out of the question yet), I not sure I can be there Wed thus Sat/Sun :( The Contest afterall if on Firday night (if I do recall)?

Vlad
isn't it hard to type with boxing gloves on your hands? :shock: sorry, i think this is the first time i've seen you typo

Contest is Friday night (day 2). M&G is Wednesday (day 0)

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu May 28, 2009 7:27 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Awwww... even if I do possibly go (which is still not totaly out of the question yet), I not sure I can be there Wed thus Sat/Sun :( The Contest afterall if on Firday night (if I do recall)?

Vlad
isn't it hard to type with boxing gloves on your hands? :shock: sorry, i think this is the first time i've seen you typo

Contest is Friday night (day 2). M&G is Wednesday (day 0)
Hey, I like a challenge! Indeed... well then, we'll see....

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Thu May 28, 2009 10:37 pm

I'll do what i can to.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri May 29, 2009 12:52 am

I'll be there and have two guests with me
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Fri May 29, 2009 4:53 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Awwww... even if I do possibly go (which is still not totaly out of the question yet), I not sure I can be there Wed thru Sat/Sun :( The Contest afterall on the Firday night (if I do recall)?

Vlad
Is there any sort of answer that would give you the possibility of coming to Expo? For some reason when your around you just make things kick ass. :up:
Though I'm just making that up, it would be nice to have both you and Castor Troy around at the M&G. Since I'd also like to shake your hand for handling Tekkoshocon so well (even though I wasn't there), and for those shiny medals. :P

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Fri May 29, 2009 1:28 pm

I'll be there

in spirit

|:>
Hi.

Return to “Anime Conventions”