Anime Central 2003

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Anime Central 2003

Post by SephirothJenova » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:39 am

Okay, I sent in my pre-registration for Anime Central 2003, and nothing has happened. I haven't recieved anything back and the website hasn't been updated. Does anyone know anything about this?

Sephiroth

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:11 pm

I don't know either, it seems that they're a little slow this year or something. :?

I'll probably pay at the door anyway seeing that I don't really spend much buying stuff.
Hi.

SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Post by SephirothJenova » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:30 pm

They're really slow then, because I sent my check in in November.

Sephiroth

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:37 pm

I sent mine in last summer and it took a long time to get a response and even longer for them to actually cash the check.

tron66
Org Profile

Post by tron66 » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:50 pm

I'm on staff with Anime Central and I know the Registration Dept. does pre-reg proccessing in batch. Until they collect a number of pre-reg envelopes, you're not likely going to get processed. You could e-mail acenreg@acen.org if you want a status update.

Koopiskeva
|:
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:16 pm

So... when are the AMV contest rules going to be posted? :wink:
Hi.

SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Post by SephirothJenova » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:14 pm

Yeah, I'd like to know that too. I want to know the qualifications for all the contests and stuff. I think I will e-mail it for a status update and other stuff. Thanks, man.

Sephiroth

tron66
Org Profile

Post by tron66 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:00 pm

I've checked into this issue further and I've been told that if you didn't send in a self addressed stamped envelop (SASE) with your pre-reg then you're not going to get a written confirmation.
About the AMV rules, I know they are coming out very soon. There's going to be an 80's theme this year. Either 80's music or anime from the 80's has to be in the AMV... ...according to the preliminary rules that I've seen.

Koopiskeva
|:
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:17 pm

tron66 wrote:I've checked into this issue further and I've been told that if you didn't send in a self addressed stamped envelop (SASE) with your pre-reg then you're not going to get a written confirmation.
About the AMV rules, I know they are coming out very soon. There's going to be an 80's theme this year. Either 80's music or anime from the 80's has to be in the AMV... ...according to the preliminary rules that I've seen.
So... any other types of videos won't be accepted? Maybe it's just a special category... Too many AMVs would not be allowed to enter if that was the case. :?
Hi.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:49 pm

So... any other types of videos won't be accepted? Maybe it's just a special category... Too many AMVs would not be allowed to enter if that was the case.
The 80's theme is for the special category. Don't worry about it. Thankfully, my current projecct is to an 80's song. I was worried about submitting to ACen in Drama since Drama always has the strongest videos (maybe comedy), but submitting to the special category might be better...then again I never make anything above mediocre, so I shouldn't be talking :roll:

On a related note, I believe there is going to be an FTP for submissions (ala Quu, thanks!). This should make things *a lot* better since he can probably have them correctly prepared (for whatever format he needs) and not have to waste as much time preparing the videos at the con (and hence no sleep for him :( ).

I also heard there won't be submissions at the con, which will be great since that just added like 100 videos for them to go through in less than 12 hours! I for one also suggest *not* having a pre-screening since that only gives Quu like 12 hours to prepare the AMV contest (based on the initial prescreen). Although it gives us the chance to see more videos and choose them, I'd prefer to have them already ready to go prior to the con. Just my two cents though.

Daniel ^_^
Ninja Gaijin Productions

Daniel ^_^
Ninja Gaijin Productions

Return to “Anime Conventions”