Anime North 2009

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Re: Anime North 2009

Post by hasteroth » Sun May 10, 2009 8:56 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:I submitted my video, and ordered my cosplay! Now all that's left to do... is wait.
I was surprised when I realized it was only 2 weeks from now that I was going. 0_0
I think it's better to make your own cosplay. But of course the more elaborate ones just become a pain in the ass. Next convention I'll order something cool but for now I'll just wear my silver trimmed suit and an eyepatch.

<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue May 12, 2009 6:37 pm

hasteroth wrote:
EkaCoralian wrote:I submitted my video, and ordered my cosplay! Now all that's left to do... is wait.
I was surprised when I realized it was only 2 weeks from now that I was going. 0_0
I think it's better to make your own cosplay. But of course the more elaborate ones just become a pain in the ass. Next convention I'll order something cool but for now I'll just wear my silver trimmed suit and an eyepatch.

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8489/10325w.jpg
Definitely (one day, I'll make my own cosplay.) If I did decide to make my cosplay myself, I doubt I would've had enough time to gather materials and everything, considering how late I heard about Anime North. ^^;;

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Tue May 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Financial issues have played into my fate. Looks like I won't be attending *sigh* stupid parking ticket. And I had my costume ready and everything!

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu May 21, 2009 4:48 am

hasteroth wrote:Financial issues have played into my fate. Looks like I won't be attending *sigh* stupid parking ticket. And I had my costume ready and everything!
Wear your costume to court.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Thu May 21, 2009 11:19 am

Kitsuner wrote:
hasteroth wrote:Financial issues have played into my fate. Looks like I won't be attending *sigh* stupid parking ticket. And I had my costume ready and everything!
Wear your costume to court.
I'm not going to court, just gonna pay the damn thing. Worst timing ever.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Fri May 22, 2009 12:41 pm

I'm going today only. 35 bucks for like 5 hours for ogling women in skimpy outfits ... strippers cost less. lol

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat May 23, 2009 5:51 pm

I just came back from it! (If you saw an Eureka cosplayer walking around with a casual KH Axel and a tall girl with light red hair, then the Eureka cosplayer was me. ^_^) Probably the biggest group of anime cosplayers were Soul Eater characters. They were everywhere, and all of the cosplays were great! =D
Oh, man. I spent way too much money. ^^;; But the merchandise there was really awesome, it was hard NOT to buy something!
And I got my Zelda-version DS Lite signed by Mr. Noboyuki Hiyama: That just basically made my day.

I really wish I could've stayed for the showing of the Finalists and Winners in the AMV Contests (if anyone saw the showing, could you tell me how it went and if my Eureka SeveN - Holland x Talho, "Save my Soul" AMV was there, please? ^^;; )

Kieop
Org Profile

Post by Kieop » Sun May 24, 2009 11:21 pm

Yes, "Save My Soul" was a finalist. It played second in the Open block.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed May 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Really? Well I'm glad it was a Finalist. ^_^ Thanks for the info!
My friend's already saving up money for AN 2010. xD

Return to “Anime Conventions”