When does VAT close at AWA

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.
User avatar
The Wired Knight
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 3:22 pm
Status: Attorney At Law
Location: Right next door to you
Contact:
Org Profile

When does VAT close at AWA

Postby The Wired Knight » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:44 am

Real fast; I'm trying to book my flights for AWA but I'm at an impass.

I need two hours at the airport to make sure my flight is secure but the times are as follows

6:35 PM or 8:40 PM

Since I have class the next day I'd rather not err on the safe side only to find out I'm there well longer than I need to be. So it comes down to when VAT closing ceremonies typically end.

If the VAT finishes closing by 4:00 I can take the 6:35 if it closes at 5:00 I'll have to take the 8:40. Could somebody clear this up for me give me an idea of when it will close THIS year (I say tihs year because upon checking old programs it seems to have changed as last year it closed at 4:00 but previous ones it has closed at 5:00).
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

User avatar
AquaSky
Master of Science
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:06 am
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby AquaSky » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:00 pm

I believe the VAT closes around 4PM on Sunday.
Image
Image

User avatar
MCWagner
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 11:37 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: When does VAT close at AWA

Postby MCWagner » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:59 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Real fast; I'm trying to book my flights for AWA but I'm at an impass.

I need two hours at the airport to make sure my flight is secure but the times are as follows

6:35 PM or 8:40 PM

Since I have class the next day I'd rather not err on the safe side only to find out I'm there well longer than I need to be. So it comes down to when VAT closing ceremonies typically end.

If the VAT finishes closing by 4:00 I can take the 6:35 if it closes at 5:00 I'll have to take the 8:40. Could somebody clear this up for me give me an idea of when it will close THIS year (I say tihs year because upon checking old programs it seems to have changed as last year it closed at 4:00 but previous ones it has closed at 5:00).


Our closing ceremonies (VAT) officially end at 4:00. The main closing ceremonies go from then until 5:00, but you need attend those only if you've got complaints/concerns.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

kholaras
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:57 pm
Org Profile

Postby kholaras » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:50 am

Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:36 pm

kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
The Wired Knight
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 3:22 pm
Status: Attorney At Law
Location: Right next door to you
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:00 pm

Hmm typically commute was around 20-30 min before

Though if I get out of the VAT around 4:00 that would still get me to the airport around 4:45 by your estimation which is still just slightly under two hours till my flight.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

User avatar
mexicanjunior
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:33 pm
Status: It's a process...
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby mexicanjunior » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x


2009 all the way bud... :up:

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:40 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x


2009 all the way bud... :up:


I may make a special announcement soon concerning a certain series of projects for 2009 :up:
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
The Wired Knight
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 3:22 pm
Status: Attorney At Law
Location: Right next door to you
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x


2009 all the way bud... :up:


I may make a special announcement soon concerning a certain series of projects for 2009 :up:


The Castor Crossover Project?

A whole series of AMVs with crossovers each leading to the next through different crossovers? DBZ fighting Bleach - Bleach then fights DGrayman - Dgrayman vs. Gundam Wing?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:41 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x


2009 all the way bud... :up:


I may make a special announcement soon concerning a certain series of projects for 2009 :up:


The Castor Crossover Project?

A whole series of AMVs with crossovers each leading to the next through different crossovers? DBZ fighting Bleach - Bleach then fights DGrayman - Dgrayman vs. Gundam Wing?


Something ALOT easier. :P
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
Mr Pilkington
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:10 pm
Status: Stay outa my shed
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Mr Pilkington » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:06 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
The Wired Knight wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x


2009 all the way bud... :up:


I may make a special announcement soon concerning a certain series of projects for 2009 :up:


The Castor Crossover Project?

A whole series of AMVs with crossovers each leading to the next through different crossovers? DBZ fighting Bleach - Bleach then fights DGrayman - Dgrayman vs. Gundam Wing?


Something ALOT easier. :P

Dgrayman vs. Cardcaptor Sakura?
Image
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina

User avatar
Lord Rae
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2001 1:50 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Org Profile

Postby Lord Rae » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:12 pm

damnit junior who am I going to play Hold-em with if you don't show up again?


Return to “Anime Conventions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests