When does VAT close at AWA

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.

When does VAT close at AWA

Postby The Wired Knight » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:44 am

Real fast; I'm trying to book my flights for AWA but I'm at an impass.

I need two hours at the airport to make sure my flight is secure but the times are as follows

6:35 PM or 8:40 PM

Since I have class the next day I'd rather not err on the safe side only to find out I'm there well longer than I need to be. So it comes down to when VAT closing ceremonies typically end.

If the VAT finishes closing by 4:00 I can take the 6:35 if it closes at 5:00 I'll have to take the 8:40. Could somebody clear this up for me give me an idea of when it will close THIS year (I say tihs year because upon checking old programs it seems to have changed as last year it closed at 4:00 but previous ones it has closed at 5:00).
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
User avatar
The Wired Knight
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2001
Location: Right next door to you
Status: Attorney At Law

Postby AquaSky » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:00 pm

I believe the VAT closes around 4PM on Sunday.
Image
Image
User avatar
AquaSky
Master of Science
 
Joined: 15 Apr 2003
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL.

Re: When does VAT close at AWA

Postby MCWagner » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:59 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Real fast; I'm trying to book my flights for AWA but I'm at an impass.

I need two hours at the airport to make sure my flight is secure but the times are as follows

6:35 PM or 8:40 PM

Since I have class the next day I'd rather not err on the safe side only to find out I'm there well longer than I need to be. So it comes down to when VAT closing ceremonies typically end.

If the VAT finishes closing by 4:00 I can take the 6:35 if it closes at 5:00 I'll have to take the 8:40. Could somebody clear this up for me give me an idea of when it will close THIS year (I say tihs year because upon checking old programs it seems to have changed as last year it closed at 4:00 but previous ones it has closed at 5:00).


Our closing ceremonies (VAT) officially end at 4:00. The main closing ceremonies go from then until 5:00, but you need attend those only if you've got complaints/concerns.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.
User avatar
MCWagner
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby kholaras » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:50 am

Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.
kholaras
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2003

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:36 pm

kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x
Image
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:00 pm

Hmm typically commute was around 20-30 min before

Though if I get out of the VAT around 4:00 that would still get me to the airport around 4:45 by your estimation which is still just slightly under two hours till my flight.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
User avatar
The Wired Knight
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2001
Location: Right next door to you
Status: Attorney At Law

Postby mexicanjunior » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x


2009 all the way bud... :up:
User avatar
mexicanjunior
 
Joined: 27 Jun 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: It's a process...

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:40 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x


2009 all the way bud... :up:


I may make a special announcement soon concerning a certain series of projects for 2009 :up:
Image
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x


2009 all the way bud... :up:


I may make a special announcement soon concerning a certain series of projects for 2009 :up:


The Castor Crossover Project?

A whole series of AMVs with crossovers each leading to the next through different crossovers? DBZ fighting Bleach - Bleach then fights DGrayman - Dgrayman vs. Gundam Wing?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
User avatar
The Wired Knight
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2001
Location: Right next door to you
Status: Attorney At Law

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:41 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x


2009 all the way bud... :up:


I may make a special announcement soon concerning a certain series of projects for 2009 :up:


The Castor Crossover Project?

A whole series of AMVs with crossovers each leading to the next through different crossovers? DBZ fighting Bleach - Bleach then fights DGrayman - Dgrayman vs. Gundam Wing?


Something ALOT easier. :P
Image
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Postby Mr Pilkington » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:06 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
The Wired Knight wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.


Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x


2009 all the way bud... :up:


I may make a special announcement soon concerning a certain series of projects for 2009 :up:


The Castor Crossover Project?

A whole series of AMVs with crossovers each leading to the next through different crossovers? DBZ fighting Bleach - Bleach then fights DGrayman - Dgrayman vs. Gundam Wing?


Something ALOT easier. :P

Dgrayman vs. Cardcaptor Sakura?
Image
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
User avatar
Mr Pilkington
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2002
Status: Stay outa my shed

Postby Lord Rae » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:12 pm

damnit junior who am I going to play Hold-em with if you don't show up again?
User avatar
Lord Rae
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA


Return to Anime Conventions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest