Otakon 08

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Hae
Org Profile

Post by Hae » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:23 pm

O: i'm happy to see ranma cosplay is still in style. <3
Parodic Productions wrote:Yeah, I'll be there always. But, eh, any info on the AMV Contest yet? It's halfway through March already. GTA IV's almost out, for God's sake. I remember that the person in charge was changing hands. Or are they making some "serious" changes this year?
yea i heard that as well. The con director is going to someone new or something.
i suppose that's why things are so delayed. :(
Tumblr. Cheers.

L.Fist
Org Profile

Post by L.Fist » Mon May 05, 2008 5:16 pm

I entered my AMV in the contest. I'm hoping I'll at least make it as one of the finalist.

Other then that, I plan to have a lot of fun there(mostly in the video game section). I'll be sporting my Scooby-Doo shirt.

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Post by Adv1sor » Thu May 08, 2008 6:49 am

I'm planning to go. Have the hotel, registered for the con. But, there is one dark cloud on the horizon (or is that verizon?) that could sideline my trip!

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Thu May 08, 2008 1:14 pm

I'm going. I failed to book a hotel on time (within 7 after days of Otakon 07). I'm going with my awesome friends who decided to go with a super cheap hotel, 10 minutes driving distance from the convention center. I wasn't planning on going this year, as this will now be my 8th straight year going, but they talked me into it, thinking I was going to have a semi-close hotel to walk to. Now, we've got 2 sets of 4 people who will have to coordinate when they all want to go to and from the convention center and hotel. In theory, this is a poor idea, and in reality, this is an even worse idea.

"Oh, but it's a good idea!" "It'll be awesome this year!" they say. But! That's what they said about Tandokucon. *headdesk*

I'm just kidding. Otakon'll be good. It always is.

-Tommy Callahan (ReligionX)
Zenkaikon 2008 AMV Contest Coordinator
Tandokucon 2007 AMV & Fan Parody Coordinator

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:15 pm

I can't wait! This is my 4th Otakon! 3 years straight I've stayed at the Renaissance Harbor Place Hotel and it's been fun and beautiful. This year though I got in on it early and booked myself and friends a room at the Hyatt. It'll be fun with the room being like right there at the con. :) Katsucon was so much friggin fun this year though that I'm not sure if Otakon can top it, but we'll see! I cosplayed for the first time there and will keep the costume for Otakon.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:43 pm

Now c'mon guys. Where's your Ota-enthusiam?? It's right around the corner!!! I so can't wait. :D

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:48 pm

I've booked me a queen bed room at the Mount Vernon Hotel, just a brief walk from the convention center. Looking forward toward the next month.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:58 am

Parodic Productions wrote:I've booked me a queen bed room at the Mount Vernon Hotel, just a brief walk from the convention center. Looking forward toward the next month.
It's less than a month now. :) I've never heard of Mount Vernon Hotel. Is it along the Harbor Place?

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:58 am

NightMistress85 wrote:
Parodic Productions wrote:I've booked me a queen bed room at the Mount Vernon Hotel, just a brief walk from the convention center. Looking forward toward the next month.
It's less than a month now. :) I've never heard of Mount Vernon Hotel. Is it along the Harbor Place?
Naw. It's farther north near the central library in Mount Vernon, about...less than ten blocks from the convention center. A bit of a walk, but not too bad. Plus the bus runs through there and there's a Super Fresh on the way. And it's a nice place.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 am

Oh. Yeah I definitely try to keep it near the harbor, but unless you're in the hotel it's not that nice outside with all of the homeless around. But it seems like you found yourself a nicely kept secret. And I bet it's nowhere near as the mint we're having to dish out at the Hyatt. Trying not to think about it too much :P

Return to “Anime Conventions”