Evangelion: Re-Death

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
bravejaf
Org Profile

Evangelion: Re-Death

Post by bravejaf » Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:29 pm

I have been frantically searching for a place to download or buy the this fan parody of Evangelion. I saw it at ACEN this year at Midnight Madness and I really wanna get it so I can show my friends. I'm also the president of an anime club at my college and am interested in showing it at one of my club's anime screenings. So, does anyone have any idea where I can get a copy of this video.

Oh and I already posted this topic in Off-Topic but somewhere there told me it'd be better if I posted it here.

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:14 pm

As far as I know, copies of ReDeath are no longer being made by those who created that fan parody

However, I'd be more than happy to point you out to where you can obtain a much better fan parody called "This Is Otakudom"!

http://welcome.to/otakudom

*cough* End plug! *runs away* :P
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:07 pm

re-death?? never heard of it, sounds interesting....anyways, i cant help ya, but i can vouch for "This is Otakudom", had me and my sis in hysterics

bravejaf
Org Profile

Post by bravejaf » Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:25 pm

I already own Otakdum and have watched it enough to memorize almost every line. I also showed it at one of my club screening's where it went over huge.

Really wish I could find a copy of Re-Death, I think it would go over better at my club screening's cause a lot of the fans there are pretty new to anime.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:51 pm

This looks like its in the wrong forum.... But I could be wrong... :wink:
ImageImage

ultrabot
Org Profile

Post by ultrabot » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:36 pm

Studio Sokodei (www.starbach.com) is re-editing their fan parody to a digital quality version called "ReDeath - Redux." they plan to re-record all the voices and get higher quality footage and expand on the parody by quite a bit i hear

hackerzc
Org Profile

Re: Evangelion: Re-Death

Post by hackerzc » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:16 am

bravejaf wrote:I have been frantically searching for a place to download or buy the this fan parody of Evangelion. I saw it at ACEN this year at Midnight Madness and I really wanna get it so I can show my friends. I'm also the president of an anime club at my college and am interested in showing it at one of my club's anime screenings. So, does anyone have any idea where I can get a copy of this video.

Oh and I already posted this topic in Off-Topic but somewhere there told me it'd be better if I posted it here.
Well for those of you that have seen Otakudom 500,000,000,000 times like I have (and it's good every single time) NONDE Studios is currently making a new parody. I can't give away the title because I don't really know is Scott Melzer (the Director and general Danta Rangler for the project) wants the name released. But from what I have been told by Scott, it should be a treat.

P.S. Please don't flood Scott's mail box with email asking if you can voice act. I am sure he has plenty of people at his disposal for that. Could be wrong though. Anyway the poor guy only has a 28.8 modem (sad isn't it. when weird all did "All about the Pentium" this is the guy he was singing about) so it would take him a year to DL all the mail.

It's Gendo, oh yeah!
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

bravejaf
Org Profile

Post by bravejaf » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:43 am

Yeah I remember he told me awhile ago that he was going to start a new parody, but its good to hear that he is in the process of making it. And yeah I have seen Otakudum a lot and it really is funny as hell.
Anime in Northwest Ohio, the official anime club at Bowling Green State University. Live in the Bowling Green area, then check out http://animeohio.cjb.net for more info or send me an email.

Great anime forum: http://techneaux.mine.nu:81/~kilocron/forum/index.php

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:03 am

I'm apart of Scott's fan parody group, so maybe I can shed some light on the subject of the next parody. I actually saw Scott last night, and he caught me up to speed on what's going on with the new one. The title is tentatively titled:

"Return of the Magnificent Student of the Legendary Seven Deadly Chinese Dragon Masters… Vs the Shaolin Ninjas! …ON FIRE! - II"

Yep, Otakudom reference right there, hopefully without Scott kicking my ass, this is the basic theme for the new parody: it's a general action / kung fu movie parody, involving the Rurouni Kenshin and Ranma 1/2 groups acting as secret agents trying to stop an evil villain from doing something... bad. :P

I guess that's all I can say for now. Uhhh, I'll be playing Washuu, the "M" / "Q"- type character.
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:27 pm

MeriC wrote:I'm apart of Scott's fan parody group, so maybe I can shed some light on the subject of the next parody. I actually saw Scott last night, and he caught me up to speed on what's going on with the new one. The title is tentatively titled:

"Return of the Magnificent Student of the Legendary Seven Deadly Chinese Dragon Masters… Vs the Shaolin Ninjas! …ON FIRE! - II"

Yep, Otakudom reference right there, hopefully without Scott kicking my ass, this is the basic theme for the new parody: it's a general action / kung fu movie parody, involving the Rurouni Kenshin and Ranma 1/2 groups acting as secret agents trying to stop an evil villain from doing something... bad. :P

I guess that's all I can say for now. Uhhh, I'll be playing Washuu, the "M" / "Q"- type character.
DON'T GIVE IT ALL AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM POCKY MAN, AND I SAY SO!
(pockyman is a registered trademark or westware.8m.com and is in no way or form related to animemusicvideos.org, "This is Otakudom" TM, Pocky or anything else for that matter since he doesen't really exist but you can pretend can you, I new you could HAHAHAHAHA *breath*)
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

Return to “Anime Conventions”