Katsucon: The Weakest Link AMV: CANCELLED

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Fungie½
Org Profile

Katsucon: The Weakest Link AMV: CANCELLED

Post by Fungie½ » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:21 pm

I was just informed by Vic that Katsucon has cancelled "The Weakest Link." I was very saddened by this announcement as I heard the event ran very well at AnimeUSA and was looking forward to seeing it at Katsucon. This event will surely be missed :(

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:42 pm

I'm more ticked by the fact that I had already started writing questions than the fact that people won't get to see it....ah well, time for Vic to start harrassing Otakon.
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."
--Bill Hicks

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:29 am

Damnit! It was fun abusing Vic at TWL at AUSA :D And where else can you watch entire bottles of punch being hurled across the room?
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:41 am

Anywhere Nightowl can inmitate a vaccuum cleaner and suck them all over to him? How many bottles did he drink during that hour again?
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."
--Bill Hicks

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:21 pm

I dunno. It's a Florida judgement call really. Do you just count the bottles, or the pitchers that punch was loaded into?

Although before playing he drank eight. By the time he met CBG, I think it was up to 13.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

That stinks.

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:43 pm

That would have been cool for memebers of my anime club get to compete on the weakest link that would have been awsome. Oh well maybe it will be at Otakon this year who knows.
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

rys
Org Profile

Do it anyway!

Post by rys » Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:20 am

I gave Vic the code to upgrade to a suite, so if that goes through, we should just have it in the party suite, f' the con...

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:41 am

That's what I said, but Vic's scared of overflow....that and we'd have to move the suite to the party floor....of course we COULD always put the punch in the secondary normal room on a different floor to keep the wrong folks from getting it...and to avoid staying intoxicated from the fumes...
--Bill Hicks

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:15 am

It sounds good in theory, but in practice it doesn't work too well. We'd have to basically take all the bolted down furniture in the extension room and throw it in the hallway to make room to play, and even then we'd probably have to do some kind of tv feed into the main room so people there could pile in. It's really not practical at all. Our best hope is that some guest cancels or I see a hole in the program schedule that we can take advantage of. Or we could just kick out the LARP. Who the hell does that anyways? ;-)
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

rys
Org Profile

Gah...

Post by rys » Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:06 am

As always you guys are way too technical about the whole thing... How about we just do it for fun? I say we do it in the suite... Post something on the board downstairs...

Return to “Anime Conventions”