Ushicon

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:21 pm

wqhat the hell kind of contest is that. i mean restricting Linkin Park is understandable but there are still some good DBZ vids being made, like father and son, and a time length restriction? what the hell is wrong with these people. are they trying to look good in front of all the experienced AMV creators or something? god damn elitist assholes
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:18 pm

and I thought Ushicon was a good con to go to. :cry:

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:20 pm

Actually, most cons have time limits on videos. It makes it easier to fit more videos into the contest if they are shorter so more people can compete. 5 minutes is about what Otakon is...or 6 minutes.

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:34 pm

MistyCaldwell: Yeah. Most cons to have time limits. Otakon's was 6 minutes and Shoujocon's was 7 minutes.

I still feel however that these rules are not needed. My friend Meridith "Meri" Cantoni did a video to the song "A Place for my Head" by Linkin Park and it's a very good video, considering it won 3rd place at Shoujocon. I will not be entering the showcase.

--Daniel

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:45 pm

Machine wrote:
Dannywilson wrote:Carlos even voluteered to run it as a contest for crying out loud! and they just blew him off. Oh well maybe 2 months will be enough time for them to pull their heads out of their asses, Wake up and SMELL THE MAPLE NUT CRUNCH! Denis Leary moment, sorry. Anyways, since its only Austin, I think I'm gonna try to make it. ROAD TRIP!

*Cracks knuckles

It's BUFFER BASHING TIME!!! :twisted:
Looks like we may need to have the Mindwarp contest there and hijack some video rooms. :twisted:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:10 am

It's too bad that someone feels that there has to be a rule to single out videos or music choices. I feel it's rather a bit insulting. I realize they don't want the to show the same band all to DBZ videos (or combinations there of, but what a stupid way of going about it. Honestly, if that's all they feel they will get then why do they bother in the first place? Secondly, if they do get an over excessive amount, the can choose the ones they show anyway to get more variety!! And what about the real good DBZ vides (and there are some good ones at that)!

I see this as an insult to most of use here since it takes a prejudice type of approach. I realize this is the intent of the organizers (At least I sure hope not), but this is not the way to deal with it!

I sure won't be sending anything to them... If I did have a DBZ video though, I WOULD send those in to prove a point....

If the coordinators are even listening, maybe it's time to think things over....

Maybe that's what's needed, we all send in anything to with Linkin Park and DBZ. Otherwise, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of "providing" videos to them...

Vlad

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:08 am

I just checked their forums a couple hours ago, and someone dumped them a link to this thread, hopefully that will get something done, or at least pondered. :roll: Go to this thread to tell them What you think of their rules.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Gander
Org Profile

Post by Gander » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:30 am

I'm sorry if my "suggestions" have been taken as actual rules for the contest. The numbered idems are however not the actual rules but my "tongue in cheek" tips for making videos. If you make a good vid to DBZ with a Linkin Park song, there is no way I'm going to throw it out.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:44 am

You do know that FUNimation productions (Who has the DBZ license in the USA) will be attending Ushicon because they operate in Texas (Pretty close to Austin) right?

One of the voice actors from DB/DBZ is gonna be a guest there.

I assume that Texas has a very large DBZ fanbase as well.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Gander
Org Profile

Post by Gander » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:44 am

Oh I'd also like to address the time limit as well. All of the actual rules are actually quite loose. I'll probably take most everything that comes my way and show it. For scheduling purposes I put that time restriction on there and so I could throw out any freakn long ones that just go on (come on I know you've seen them). The 5 minute limit was actually writen in the form of a joke. You guys are taking this too seriously... it's not a contest but a showcase. I'll going to go out of my way to make sure everyone is shown.

Return to “Anime Conventions”