Bakuretsucon - This weekend!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Bakuretsucon - This weekend!

Post by dokool » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:07 am

Anyone coming? I'm heading up there with a few people from my Anime Club for research and a general good time. Two vids in the contest, one of which is a Convention Premiere...

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:26 am

I'll be there Friday and Sunday, and maybe some of Saturday (I have to work part of Saturday, but over in South Burlington so I might be able to make it). Only one vid in the contest, I didn't get the other finished in time.

Cybermat
Org Profile

Post by Cybermat » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:29 pm

Just heard that Scott Melzer (and his fan parody) can't make it to Bakuretsucon this year.

See http://www.bakuretsucon.org/

Don't know if he'll be well enough to do Neko in 2 weeks.
Otakon 2006 Fan Parody Contact | Otakon AMV Coordinator, 1997-2003

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:12 pm

Cybermat wrote:Just heard that Scott Melzer (and his fan parody) can't make it to Bakuretsucon this year.
Yeah, I got an email today and apparently I'm running the AMV Panel in his place :shock:

Will be a bit of a challenge on such short notice, but I'm up to it...

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Appology

Post by Scott A Melzer » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:51 am

Heya!

I want to formally appologize for not showing up at Bakuretsucon this past weekend. Man, did I really want to go! I was running lots of panels, workshops, showing the new fan parody, etc. But...

I'd been feeling extremely sick lately. Just something I couldn't shake. On Wednesday I went to a doctor and she told me that I had Diabetes, and that needed to go to the hospital or I'd very likely die. It was... that bad. So, I went. I was hoping that it wouldn't take very long, and that I could still go to the con, but I spent the next five days in a hospital bed trying to get my blood sugar level down to non-toxic levels. I was released Sunday night.

I'm very glad that people have been understanding. It's nothing that I could affect at all. If I'd gone to the con, I'd probably have either permanent damage or possibly have died by now. So, I'm glad that I didn't! I'll definately go next year, and I hope that I can get to Nekocon, which is in two weeks.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:19 am

Scott - I'm glad to hear you're out of the hospital! I know people were dissapointed that S.T.E.A.M. wasn't available, but as I recall This Is Otakudom got huge crowds. There was a very large get-well-card making the rounds on Saturday and I think everyone's pulling for you to make it through this.

-DOKool

p.s. If <a href="http://www.llamacon.org">Llamacon</a> were interested in Non.D.E. fandubs, what would be the best email address to contact you at? Also, Kira says hi...

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:37 am

Wow. Thanks! I was more worried that people would be disappointed and, not knowing what was up, upset with me. Glad to hear that wasn't at all the case. *whew*

I've only got one e-mail address. That's kdreams@eticomm.net You can reach me there.

Thanks again. Sorry you had to cover for us at the last moment. We had lots of cool stuff to show, but it just couldn't happen.

Return to “Anime Conventions”