ACen2k5 Dinner?

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
SephirothJenova
Org Profile

ACen2k5 Dinner?

Post by SephirothJenova » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:15 am

Well, I'll only be going to one convention, and it happens to be this one. Now I'm dying to meet some of the people I've met online and on seen videos of on the Org. So, I'm proposing that all of the AMV creators go to a dinner for one of the nights. It's open to anyone for comments on where, why, how, etc.

You can find me on AIM if you have any questions or such. But I hope that it works out, even on such short notice.

Sephiroth

Brsrk
Org Profile

Post by Brsrk » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:54 am

I plan on being there Friday night, so I'd be up for it. There's already one thing I am doing on friday, and that's going to one of koop's panels.
Pwolf wrote:that music was way to "happy" for an anime as dramatic as the kenshin ova... your an evil evil person :P :up: Pwolf
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=87528

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:48 pm

I'd like to go, but due to classes I probably won't be arriving until (sometime late) on Friday...

Saturday might work, but I'm not sure when they're scheduling the Iron Chef thing.

SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Post by SephirothJenova » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:48 pm

We definitely don't have to schedule any time yet, because we don't know anything about the event times. But I'd like to get an assumption of how many people might be there and where we all would like to eat.

Sephiroth

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:39 pm

I think this is a good idea, and I highly reccomend the deep dish pizza place that's near the Hotel. That place is SOOOOOO AWESOME!

Yeah.. Heh... I like their pizza. it's like a damn CHEESE AND MEAT CAKE! OH YEAH! :P
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Jester_Borris
Org Profile

Hells Yeah!

Post by Jester_Borris » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:17 pm

I'll be there, count on it.

Any day will do.
*Flexes*

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:52 pm

yeah sounds like a good idea to me...ill be there as soon as i can be, which will be either thursday night or early friday, so lets try to schedule this thing.

SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Post by SephirothJenova » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:14 am

Jester Borris and I (both coming from MO) will either be arriving Thursday night or Friday afternoon the same. We don't know yet because we haven't found out our exam schedules. But I think it'd be nice to hold it after the AMV contest and viewing (probably after Iron Chef too) to congratulate the winners on their accomplishments and talk about the different AMVs in the contest.

So I'm guessing some time Saturday night? I'll also be looking up places to eat there, taking into consideration Garylisk's pizza idea! Comments are welcome.

Sephiroth

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:02 pm

SephirothJenova wrote:Jester Borris and I (both coming from MO) will either be arriving Thursday night or Friday afternoon the same. We don't know yet because we haven't found out our exam schedules. But I think it'd be nice to hold it after the AMV contest and viewing (probably after Iron Chef too) to congratulate the winners on their accomplishments and talk about the different AMVs in the contest.

So I'm guessing some time Saturday night? I'll also be looking up places to eat there, taking into consideration Garylisk's pizza idea! Comments are welcome.

Sephiroth
I don't know how much I'm at liberty to say, but I've seen a *preliminary* schedule, but the contset is traditionally on Friday with repeats on Saturday and Sunday.

I also know there are quite a few panels I'd like to attend (mine included :P) since we have an AMV room the entire con, so perhaps scheduling will be a bit difficult.

Regardless, I am certainly interested in attending and know there are at least 3 or 4 other editors in my room that would probably be interested as well.

The pizza place Gary is referring to is Gino's East and it is maybe a 5 minute car ride from the Rosemont. Very good food.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Post by SephirothJenova » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:24 pm

dwchang wrote:
SephirothJenova wrote:Jester Borris and I (both coming from MO) will either be arriving Thursday night or Friday afternoon the same. We don't know yet because we haven't found out our exam schedules. But I think it'd be nice to hold it after the AMV contest and viewing (probably after Iron Chef too) to congratulate the winners on their accomplishments and talk about the different AMVs in the contest.

Sephiroth
I don't know how much I'm at liberty to say, but I've seen a *preliminary* schedule, but the contset is traditionally on Friday with repeats on Saturday and Sunday.

I also know there are quite a few panels I'd like to attend (mine included :P) since we have an AMV room the entire con, so perhaps scheduling will be a bit difficult.

Regardless, I am certainly interested in attending and know there are at least 3 or 4 other editors in my room that would probably be interested as well.

The pizza place Gary is referring to is Gino's East and it is maybe a 5 minute car ride from the Rosemont. Very good food.
Well-noted, but I don't have a schedule of any sort to. We still have some time to decide, but I'd definitely like to meet all of you. So I'm guessing that there's still a majority of people willing to go somewhere (probably Gino's East) to eat.

Sephiroth

Return to “Anime Conventions”