AWA is CON that you just can't miss!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:07 am

[quote="jescaflowne] LOL And no, there isn’t marijuana in it, I believe it gets it’s small hallucinogenic effects from something called Wormwood (but don’t quote me on it). The stuff is like 75% alcohol anyway, so even without the wormwood you’d be drunk. Maybe we can find a recipe for a magical absinthe punch concoction next year! ::puke::[/quote]

It does get it from wormwood, but the alcohol has a different purpose other than to just get you just plastered, it pulls the mind altering drug out of the wormwood, and concentrates it in the drink. Absinthe production (not consumption) is illegal in alot of states, but the south seems to hold on to the idea of allowing anyone to make it, thats why the hell you see it all the time in Loisiana, especially New Orleans.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:51 am

Absinthe?

man I've lived here for over 10 years and have yet to run into any....

maybe I'm just at all the wrong parties...

heck I lived in texas for 9 years before Georgia... Of course then I was very young... but still...

Big Big Truck
Org Profile

Post by Big Big Truck » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:10 am

I'd heard interesting things about the absinthe, but my recoil-and-hiss reaction to all things licorice kept me away... I appreciated the offer though 8)
(insert fannishly mangled rap lyric here)

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:14 am

Ian needs to bring more of that stuff next year.

Since its him and Hsien for Iron Chef next year (UK vs US) that Absinthe would work wonders as a secert ingredient for both of them.

I wonder what type of things they coudl edit with that stuff in their systems :twisted:

temaranight
Org Profile

Post by temaranight » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:14 am

*note to self* AWA sounds like the place to stay sober and laugh at all the drunks.. 8)
If you've ever seen ep 10 of Trigun..well..that's one reason this Milly doesn't get drunk anymore! LOL :P
Still sounds like eveyone, especially DannyW. :twisted: had a great time!

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:21 am

Machine wrote: Since its him and Hsien for Iron Chef next year (UK vs US) that Absinthe would work wonders as a secert ingredient for both of them.
I was sooo curious to try some of that, but my company has a strict drug-free policy, and I wasn't sure if it would show up on any drug tests. Ian, fucking awesome guy that he is, actually did some research for me to see if I could get away with it, but I was still wary. And hours before Joe tried it, he remembered that he was getting tested for drugs for his new job :)

Nathan tried to goad me into having some during Iron Chef, and had I been as wasted as I had been last year, I probably would have downed the whole glass :D
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:22 am

*Starts Saving Up My Pennies*
ImageImage

StudioKZ
Org Profile

Post by StudioKZ » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:36 am

Yes, thank you to whomever for telling me *AFTERWARDS* that it was an illegal(in the US) psychotropic drug in the same family as marijuana... It was pretty good though (*Despite my -like EK's- total and absolute dislike for anything licorice*).

I'd tell my Puke story, but first off, none of the females on the board would ever talk to me again, and secondly, I don't recall much about Thursday night after Hsien, Joe, Jason and Brad stopped drinking (other than the fact that Nate and I didn't.) Suffice to say I puked in some guy whom I had never met's room and went across the hall to my own, Leaving Nate and company to their own devices.

-KZ
...IT'S <gasp>

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=89045
I love fatties. HOT FUCKING!

Adiamante
Org Profile

Post by Adiamante » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:50 am

It was fun being the designated driver, everyone puking all around you. Doing random things that make absolutely no sense. And you(being me) the only one with all your faculties intact :lol:

Anyway it was a great con. I personally had alot of fun meeting people.

I'm sure I will post more once I can get all my thoughts organized
-Adiamante
<a href="http://www.randomvariable.net">Random Variable Productions</a>

Red Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Red Wolf » Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:37 am

Adiamante wrote:It was fun being the designated driver, everyone puking all around you. Doing random things that make absolutely no sense. And you(being me) the only one with all your faculties intact :lol:
The fun part is when you spontaniously become a DD. I ended up getting asked by the VAT staff to drive a not so sober staffer to the store for more VAT booze during the Iron Chef contest. Luckily he wasn't plastered...I just got my car a week ago that day :P

Return to “Anime Conventions”