AWA is CON that you just can't miss!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Grungetta
Org Profile

Post by Grungetta » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:00 pm

PUKE STORY:

If anyone had gone into the 2nd floor ladies restroom after 3am Friday night/Saturday morning, they would have seen a few stains on the carpet from partially digested berries and con-punch. A special thanks to Jescaflowne for consideratley finishing off my drink for me, while I wiped berry-bile off my shirt.

THANKS AWA PUNCH!

For those of you who dont know, I'm the member of More Than Toast that didn't actually speak to anyone. I hope you dont think me rude, but I'm shy, and figured that the other MTT social butterflies would keep everyone busy.

Skeebadeetz
Org Profile

Post by Skeebadeetz » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:21 pm

I myself didn't speak to many AMV members, although was present for the dinner and saw everyone many, many times. I mostly kept travelling from room to room via my 'schedule of anime'. The VAT room was always a good place to be. The video game room blew ass again this year containing no good fighting games and just some X-Box and GameCube shit (Halo and Melee). Also, in keeping my schedule, I couldn't stay up late past twelve, so I missed all the drunkards.... maybe I woulda said something to you if I knew it really wasn't a first impression that you would have remembered :?
There is nothing wrong with sin that cannot be fixed with right.
~~Initec Studios 2001 and beyond~~

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:11 pm

WOW.

That's the first word that comes to mind after hitting up AWA this year.

I got to meet all these cool creators, and they were so calm and collected. I got there friday morning, and met Flux, Rozard, Adiamante, Mexican Junior, Beowulf (sp?), Wonka, and last but not least, probably the most entertaining man at the con, Big Dave. These were just the guys I was staying with for the 3 days! If you were at the con, you probably saw me, I was the semi-quiet kid wandering around trailing the aformentioned creators... I hung out for the friday and saturday night parties in Jason's room, and I have to say, that punch was pure evil in liquid form! Friday night, I got bored, and drunk, and that's when I started wandering the halls in search of entertainment. I found it in the form of a group of mid- teens kids, playing a game of spoons in the hall with spoons stolen from the hotel. One spoon went flying, and I reached down and grabbed it at the same time as this big dude. as we played tug of war with the spoon, another kid says "What you got Spoon-Thief?!!". So, I take their spoon, and run. I lead them all over the hotel, until I got tired of running, and let them catch me. after that point, we had a camraderie going, and I led them on what I called at the time "Bordom Relief", meaning we ran through the building doing random things, like a scavenger hunt for fallen down signs (We collected 20 or so), going up and down in the elevator (Someone managed to accidentally set off the elevator fire alarm :)), and running around the parking garage, jumping from floor to floor (Bad idea). When I woke up in the hotel room the next day, I vaguely remembered doing _Something_ the night before, but it wasn't untill later on that day, when I saw one of the Spoon-Thief crew that it all came back to me. And they were _STILL_ calling me Spoon Thief...

But the real fun didn't come until the next night after Iron Chef (Congrats to Hsien, and Joe I still think your vid kicked ass even though you didn't win. Ubernostrum!). apparently, they made the punch stronger on saturday night up in Jason's room, because I had 3 20oz bottles of it, and the next thing I remember is waking up in the staff room of the building, surrounded by staff members. They had apperantly found me in the elevator, with grafitti all over me. Some of the phrases on my arms included "I love Yaoi!", Various "So-and-so was here" phrases, and "F@#$ my face!". The kicker was the giant Wang someone had drawn on my face :roll: . Oh, Did I mention I wasn't wearing shoes? Oh, and the staff was watching hentai to boot... So as I blissfully sobered up, I thought back over the weekend, and smiled, for it was way too much fun to camm into just 3 days.

I would like to give a big Thank You to the staff, who watched over me and made sure I didn't do anything more stupid than falling asleep in an elevator, and for all the wonderful people I met who made this event so awesome!
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:17 pm

ahh the spoon thief story.. never gets old. and big dave was......umm yeah :?
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:41 pm

Good God Klinky. You never cease to amaze me with your artistic talent.

Hsien's expression in that photo is priceless! :D

rys
Org Profile

rys

Post by rys » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:42 pm

Correction... The Punch, I did not make... I give full props to the legendary James. He has been making that punch for us since 1997 at Otakon, when we were all just fansubbers... Mad props to James, without his help, the party would not have been a good one...

Now, everybody say "Thanks James!"

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:45 pm

Thanks James!

This is what you punch does to a man:

It makes him feel like Uber Shit!
Poor Poor Hsien :oops:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:04 pm

All I can say Machine is that you've lost your AMV chick magnet title to
Bunny Ears Nathan!

Vlad

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:12 pm

Ah yes, the bunny years beat the tie this year....

But then again according to EK, her gay friend Will thought I was rather sexy 8)

(btw, this Will is not the Aluminum Will)

So yea I set a new record....The tie attracts both males and females while the bunny years makes you a chick magnet.

O_O

Wow. :shock:

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:30 pm

note to self: get bunny ears.

note to self: never wear a tie to a convention :lol:
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Return to “Anime Conventions”