AWA is CON that you just can't miss!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.

Postby Satori » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:24 pm

It sounds like you guys had some wild fun times.
Satori

Postby Machine » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:27 pm

You wouldn't believe some of our stories.....

Crazy shit!!!! :twisted:
Machine

Postby Hitori » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:14 pm

HHhhmm.. I guess it's time to do some saving up for AKon and AWA!!! ^_^
ImageImage
Hitori

Postby §_Akuma_§ » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:14 pm

man! its just not fair!!!!! heheh i hope u all had a great time! sounded like it, cant wait to see what Machine's AWA 8 Doc is going to be like, im going to enjoy being the beta tester for that sucker!

man im so going next year! shit, well at least i had a damn good pay off for not going (read journal) well, i would have tooken AWA for sure but oh well. well come next year im going to AWA and possibly Akon!!!
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=13690">======§ Akuma §======
2006 § Akuma § Productions</a>
§_Akuma_§

Postby StudioKZ » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:54 pm

Yes, that smart man was me, cause Nate was too drunk to use his own camera. :P (Dammit, I want SOME recognition!!!)
...IT'S <gasp>

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=89045
I love fatties. HOT FUCKING!
StudioKZ

Postby Machine » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:59 pm

StudioKZ wrote:Yes, that smart man was me, cause Nate was too drunk to use his own camera. :P (Dammit, I want SOME recognition!!!)

I bow before the great one with god-like reflexes to get a camera and photograph the precious site 8)
Machine

Boobies?

Postby rys » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:22 am

Damn... I missed boobies...
rys

Postby Machine » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:30 am

Damn, I just released how much AWA drained out of me.

I couldn't even spell the forum thread right!

Look at this:
--------------

AWA is CON that you just can't miss!

Its suppose to say:
----------------------

AWA is a CON that you just can't miss!

Ugg, too much!!! But soooo Fun! :D
Machine

Postby aluminumstudios » Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:22 pm

AWA was AWESOME!

My list of noteable MV creators who I've never met in person is pretty small now. It was amazing how many people were there!

I was apprehensive about meeting Carlos because I thought he was going to be all up in my face with his camera, but he is a real decent guy. Everyone there was.

I also discovered that ErMaC DOES have a right to brag about about his DDR ability ... however his kung fu is not as strong as mine ...<waits for Carlos to send the Lame Duck Kung Fu match between ErMaC
and myself.> :-P

William Milberry (Aluminum) - The mentor I was afraid of meeting but in the end turned to be one of the best to hang around with. I chatted with him about some videos and he demonstrated for us how to crush a can on your head while not feeling a thing. WOW!

Where do you think the name Aluminum comes from ^_^?

Thanks to everyone who attended, it was a blast!
~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios
http://www.aluminumstudios.com
aluminumstudios

Postby Red Wolf » Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:33 pm

I got to meet a lot of people through the dinner and CD set but since I had my cousin with me and I didn't stay at a hotel (apartment was 15 miles away) I think I missed out on a lot of the "bonding" that a lot of other folks had. Oh well, I'm relatively new to the scene anyway so maybe other arrangements can be made for next year.
Red Wolf

Postby aluminumstudios » Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:10 pm

Yeah, that dinner was GREAT! It was you who organized it right? Thanks! The only bad part was Patrick's sense of direction! :shock:

Staying at a con hotel gives you a VERY different experience from just attending con events. It's so much fun going to room parties, and just hanging out with people.

Fri. night I was with 3 other AMV'ers and we sat down at a table about midnight, by 1:00 about 16 people had gathered and we were talking and having fun. it didn't dispurse until about 5:00am!
~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios
http://www.aluminumstudios.com
aluminumstudios

Postby ErMaC » Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:14 pm

The DDR Contest prize practically payed for my entire trip. :D :D

KOR TV 12-disc DVD boxset + $50 cash for first place. w00t! go me! And the DDR competition had a bigger crowd than Iron Chef. :shock: Whoa.

I got class shortly so I'll post all the cool shit in my journal later but I had a great time and it was great getting to meet everyone - the trip was worth it for that alone.

And yes, Will, I bow before your Lame Duck Kung Fu skills. That's what I get for not having enough sleep :D
ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG

Postby Machine » Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:59 pm

I got some pictures of our Tri pto AWA in case anyone is interesed

http://www.mindwarpet.com/awa/

Enjoy! :lol:
Machine

Postby Kusoyaro » Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:11 pm

Machine wrote:I got some pictures of our Tri pto AWA in case anyone is interesed

Damnit, I'm completely drunk in just about every picture!
I have no idea how to use this new forum.
Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:18 pm

Yes, AWA was real cool! The best part is meeting everyone there..

Friday Night was a lot of fun since a few of us sat around a table tableing just outside the dance! As the night progressed, more and more joined us until we reached something like 20+ creators! I got pictures as the group grew all in thier famous "Render" Pose. I'll post then on my website this week.

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Conventions