AWA is CON that you just can't miss!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:19 pm

LOL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey i think i remember seeing one of the MTT guys constantly leaving/ entering the AMV room.

oh and we can't forget these two losers

Ignore the idiot with green hair makin the peace sign =P
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:21 pm

one of the funnier moments : seein Mr. Thumbs ups man himself jumping out of his chair to go get the award with the MTT people...at least i think it was MTT... i such a newb =O
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:14 pm

hehe...
the only real room party I made it to was on Friday night but it wasn't much of a "party" in that sense... still loads of fun.....

lady next door was sleeping or something similar...

Wonka, Beowulf, Fluxy, MJ and others were sitting around Joe and Jason's room (I can't be positive but Buddy Christ, buddy lee and Comic the insult comic dog were relaxing on the tv...) Plus Jason was sitting by the window eating pizza... anyway.. so we sat there waxing nostalgic about amvs and the like.... updating a few folks on the OV situation.... and more non party mood stuff...

Hsien and the MTT crew were sitting by the door letting people in and the room pretty much reached capacity shortly therafter.....
To avoid the crowd a few of us left... walked around.... bet on whether Carlos was eating at waffle house or if he even planned to come back at all... but that was the closest I came to the partying amv makers...

I found Fluxy, neogohan and mj at about 2 am as I returned from the gas station with more orange juice for my girfriend and me.... I really wanted to be like "hey lets gather some folks up and go up to my room for some good old fashioned drinking but I was A) tired and B) only in possesion of 4 shots worth of vodka... not much for a party as it had all been used up in the time before that.....

next year I will be prepared!

heh.

how did I manage to avoid pictures? I was like right off camera in every one of those?!?!

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:29 pm

The funniest shit is, Carlos actually did go to the waffle house with that one girl Molly, and Big Dave the ultimate 5th wheel... lol then he and Big Dave caught up with me in the smoking area or something and we went upstairs, and Bunny ears was drinking the bourbon Dave bought for himself... Dave goes "Gimme that!" and chugs 1/2 a bottle of bourbon in like 15 seconds, James Belushi style.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Declan_Vee
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Declan_Vee » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:18 pm

I just got back from the travel agent, to get a very rough estimate for next year. Hmm it's not all that much. I might have been able to make this one. Two Questions...
1) Carlos, how many ugly girls?
2) Do they sell Red Bear in the US?
AMV Search | AMV Guides
AMV Live. "It's like Iron Chef, only too many cooks will spoil the broth"

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:27 pm

Well, I'm not the almighty Carlos, but I can say, there were alot more good looking girls as a ratio to 400 lb otaku that hadn't bathed in 3 weeks than I expected... and there were a few camwhore skanks, but other than that, there were alot of cuties.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Big Big Truck
Org Profile

Post by Big Big Truck » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:34 pm

Wow, was I the ONLY one who didn't drink way too much this year? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around :D

I guess the only embarrassing story I have is when (and Nathan, you might not remember this) a bunch of us were joking around out on the patio late late Friday, and ... aagh, god, I forget exactly what, but Nightowl was talking smack, and I went "SUCK MY DICK! .... oh wait, I don't have a dick. But if I had a dick I'd tell you to suck it! SO SUCK MY METAPHORICAL DICK!" :P

Smack talk is fun.

Also: I did actually make an appearance on videotape, but only because I got to wear sunglasses and didn't have to move or talk. :D

Next year I'm going to have:
1. actual completed videos to show
2. an Artist's Alley table so I will be in ONE PLACE rather than 6 places at a time during the day.

It was GREAT meeting all you talented and funny AMV creators. I had a blast hanging out with all of you at the con and at Kiku's.

Now, I sleep the sleep of the dead.
(insert fannishly mangled rap lyric here)

rys
Org Profile

YEAH BABY~!

Post by rys » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:35 pm

paizuri wrote:

Except from rys. Thanks for the hug in the elevator, man. Could've done without the reacharound though.
I heard the two of you kissed.

Jeez Brain... Wouldn't you! You're just jealous...

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:36 pm

Dudes AWA got nothing on AWAKH(Anime Weekend At Klinky's House). I did stuff like, sleep alot, and play medal of honor, and then I messed with After Effects particle engine, and then I slept some more. There was bacon involved also, BACON!

~klinky

Big Big Truck
Org Profile

Post by Big Big Truck » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:47 pm

Just read the rest of the thread. Hee! Looks like I missed out on a lot of fun by going to bed before 4. Blah! I am teh old!

Big Dave chugging all that rum(?) was indeed impressive. "John Be-lu-shi! John Be-lu-shi!"

It kicked ass to see everyone I knew from before, and to meet so many new faces I'd only seen in photos or in text. Thank you all so, so much for being so nice to me. :3

I'm getting the photos developed tomorrow. Will post the best ones here.

Goodnight, all. :wink:
(insert fannishly mangled rap lyric here)

Return to “Anime Conventions”