AWA is CON that you just can't miss!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:15 pm

Well, this is my take on the whole thing:

Danny was drunk as fuck, as illustrated by this picture:
That's right, I'm feeding him teabags. Carlos, I don't even want to hear your comment :P

Anyhow, like he said, he was drinking Everclear.
Captain Morgan it was not

Personally, my whole take on it...it was all just a case of
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:17 pm

Dannywilson wrote:JBONE! I was wondering when you would rear your bearded head in this thread,
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... c&start=90

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... &start=105
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:20 pm

Dannywilson wrote:Personally Vlad, I am very pissed at myself for the amount I drank, and wish that I'd had alot less on Saturday night, thereby making my stay a little less embarassing, and more enjoyable/remembeable.
Yes, that's something quite a few individuals were probably thinking about after AWA.... It's a shame really....

Vlad

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:22 pm

jbone wrote:
Dannywilson wrote:JBONE! I was wondering when you would rear your bearded head in this thread,
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... c&start=90

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... &start=105
Ach! Gomen! BTW, where did you did you get the "Hello Cowboy" shirt you were wearing on friday? It was cool as hell.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:27 pm

OK, my previous post was obviously intended not to be take seriously, but this one is. Drinking = Bad. I don't want to come off as a self-righteous little shit, but you people need to watch how much you drink. When I was in high school, the "popular kids" would brag about how much they drank, how hung over they felt, how much they threw up. How idiotic is that? I'm sure you're body's really loving you for that move! :roll:

Drinking isn't a bad thing when it'd done in moderation; you need to know when to stop. That way, not only are you having more fun, but you're more fun to be around :D
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:40 pm

I was the good ol' designated driver this time :) Personally, I realy dont mind that position. I remember all of the con (wich as we all know was truely a blast) and didnt have to suffer penisis being drawn on my face *jab jab* ;)

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:46 pm

"Alcohol is for the weak..."

wise man say...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:47 pm

Dannywilson wrote:Ach! Gomen! BTW, where did you did you get the "Hello Cowboy" shirt you were wearing on friday? It was cool as hell.
EK designed it. If you go to http://www.big-big-truck.com/bebop/ the links for her shirts will be in the bottom-left corner.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Ichiban Crush
Org Profile

Post by Ichiban Crush » Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:01 pm

First of all, I wasn't going at full force. That wasn't bitching, that was calm. See any exclamation points? No. Second, she's not my girlfriend. Third, you don't know my drinking ability that well (when you've grown up in a college town, you LEARN to drink at an early age, and yes I'm 21, too late to call the cops). Fourth, if you couldn't remember anything, why bother making shit up? And if you're gonna make up stuff for humorous purposes, the LEAST you could do is add a disclaimer saying "WARNING: None of this really happened, or maybe it did, I dunno, I was too friggin' plastered to remember". Honestly, I couldn't tell if you really meant it, but it wasn't that funny.

Ahem...

Anyways, I will say that it was cool of you to apollogize, but honestly, you shouldn't be posting pics like that on a public forum in the first place, censored or not. I mean, I don't know if said girl in pic MINDS (I on the otherhand won't bitch of my image used). I'd imagine she'd be pissed with being refered to as "Tittybitch". Imagine if it was yourself in the situation, and it was scandalous pics of YOU, I dunno, masturbating to a blow-up doll (NOT saying you do, just using it as an example) and someone you don't know decided to post them on these forums (hey, this is a fairly large forum).

Even if she was drunk and told you "yeah, take pics", that doesn't mean "take pics, post 'em on public forums". Ethics, my friend, ethics.

Now because I'm such a nice guy, it's time for me to give you all something that'll make fanboys cry and fangirls squeal.

Yes, I'm a 100% bastard myself. Have a nice day.

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:21 pm

Once again...those girls looked horrible...you guys must of picked up some geeks.... :(

Return to “Anime Conventions”