AWA is CON that you just can't miss!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:08 pm

StudioKZ wrote:If (s)he has no right to stop t-b, then (s)he has no right to bitch about the consequences of t-b's actions either, Jbone.
Hey, you quoted the passage. Nowhere did I even imply anything about anyone having a right to complain.

Can people just stop kvetching about the matter? Seriously. Some moderator should just lock this thread already. :-P
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

StudioKZ
Org Profile

Post by StudioKZ » Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:08 pm

Ichiban Crush wrote:First of all, I wasn't going at full force. That wasn't bitching, that was calm. See any exclamation points? No. Second, she's not my girlfriend. Third, you don't know my drinking ability that well (when you've grown up in a college town, you LEARN to drink at an early age, and yes I'm 21, too late to call the cops). Fourth, if you couldn't remember anything, why bother making shit up? And if you're gonna make up stuff for humorous purposes, the LEAST you could do is add a disclaimer saying "WARNING: None of this really happened, or maybe it did, I dunno, I was too friggin' plastered to remember". Honestly, I couldn't tell if you really meant it, but it wasn't that funny.

Let's not get into a pissing contest over who can hold more liquor, cause it'll turn into this:

"Personally, I'd side with dannywilson on this one, because we were both in the military and I *KNOW* if he likes drinking as much as he did at the con, that outside the con he drinks enough to put you to shame. (Hell, My tolerance is waning as I drink less and less and I still put most college kids to shame for sheer volume, try hitting 80 bars in one night, two drinks per bar and then walking three miles to get home, then waking up at 5 the next morning and going running, little man.)"

Secondly, let's not get into a pissing contest over who is angrier. I'm right pissed off right now, but you don't see me typing in all caps or using exclamation marks.

Thirdly, when posting obviously manipulated photos, it's not necesary to say 'This is what I imagined happened' or 'this never happened', because it's OBVIOUS.

If you couldn't tell that he was being humorous, then maybe you need to take a break from the internet and your heavy drinking and take a step back and look at reality. Somebody who passed out in an elevator and woke up with graffitti all over them, then had their picture taken isn't going to share that picture with you unless he's trying to make you laugh, that is to say *TRYING TO BE HUMOUROUS!!!*
Ichiban Crush wrote: I mean, I don't know if said girl in pic MINDS (I on the otherhand won't bitch of my image used). I'd imagine she'd be pissed with being refered to as "Tittybitch".
She may or may not mind, but she was being called it to her face at the con, and that was what everybody who saw her and/or was looking for her called her.
Ichiban Crush wrote: Even if she was drunk and told you "yeah, take pics", that doesn't mean "take pics, post 'em on public forums". Ethics, my friend, ethics.
No, not ETHICS, Compassion. Being a professional photographer, I've had several classes in ethics and Danny didn't violate ethics by snapping her photo and then posting it. The second she said yes, drunk or not, she gave her express verbal permission, thus giving Danny full ownership of the photograph/digital image he was about to take, and therefore that photo/image is his to do with as he pleases, to include publishing it. The fact that she was *POSING* for the pictures backs up the verbal agreement and therefore any claim she might have had that she didn't give her permission are forfeit.

Then again, this being a *PUBLIC* convention and trying as she was to make herself into a public figure, he didn't even need to ask her permission.
(For the record, those paparazzi who 'ran Princess Di into the wall trying to get her photograph' weren't being unethical, public figures haven't the same rights to privacy as the rest of us, they were just being uncompassionate and intrusive)
It'd be one thing if danny or myself had snuck up on her in the bushes and snapped photos of her making out with her boy/girlfriend, but he didn't(I would hope.)
...IT'S <gasp>

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=89045
I love fatties. HOT FUCKING!

StudioKZ
Org Profile

Post by StudioKZ » Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:11 pm

And Finally (In addendum to the PO'd post above) In the age of Digital Cameras, there is a 99% certainty that any photos taken of you at a public event such as a con are going to end up on the internet. Nobody is that naive, even when they are drunk.
...IT'S <gasp>

Red Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Red Wolf » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:34 pm

Mein Kopf! Seriously, this thread is starting to hurt.

Nightowl
Org Profile

Post by Nightowl » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:04 pm

As one of the few that began referring to the young woman as "titty-bitch," StudioKZ being the only other person on the forum to witness the reference itself, I feel obligated to say one thing.

Ichiban Crush - we talked very briefly. I was the guy in the bunny ears who said you are awesome (you are! that boa rocks!). Now, you said a bit back that she may not like being referred to as titty-bitch. I just want to say... I'm not sure how to come out and say it, but...

I got that from you... a large group of people can back that up... I'm not trying to get into the argument, I just wanted to point out that I found it very amusing that as you were walking by you simply bellowed "WHERE TITTY-BITCH AT?!" And when you walked back not thirty seconds later toward the elevator you said "DAMN!" I thought it was funny. I still do.

And no, I wouldn't post pictures of public nudity on a forum. I believe it is rude and, without express permission, CAN be illegal. If you want to talk about how it's not, fine.

I just though it was funny that Ichi... I have no idea what your real name is, I've been referring to you as either Boa guy or random AWA guy... came up with the term.

Now, that's all I have to say. I could've said all that in a paragraph, but I like to type, and I rarely say anything in the forum anyway. So there ya go!

-N

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:12 am

Dannywilson wrote:Please try to forget it ever happened, and a month from now, it'll all be like MTTs argument with the AKON doc... and we all know from AWA that that situation turned out for the better.

Does anyone have a hammer I can hit this guy with? I hate torn up drunks....

Dannywilson wrote:I've Already made this decision rys so next time I'll be the amiable sober person at the con instead of the drunk one everyone hates. I Volunteer for the next con I'm going to be at (Ushicon), to be the DD for the whole weekend, taking the drunk ones where they need to go. I hope that this is enough to make some sort of difference, since I've always found I do better sober than drunk.

Read this quote one more time (above). Then go back and look at the pictures on this thread and ask yourself this....

Are your children safe in their beds?

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:16 am

Yeah, but Danny said at the beginning of AWA that he planned to get totally wasted. Maybe he really wants to stay sober nixt time :?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:38 am

Honestly, Carlos, I am a man of my word. If I say I'm gonna do something beforehand, I do it. Personal Honor as well as other's Honor is an important factor in my life, it's something I had to teach myself to Live by in a matter of days when I was sixteen and was forced to become the father figure to 4 younger brothers and sisters. I may be rash, and I may be a fool, but even some fools follow the codes of loyalty and honor.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

StudioKZ
Org Profile

Post by StudioKZ » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:37 am

It could be argued either way, but ultimately -in this case- it would be legal (in so far as Phade would allow any of it anyway, which ain't much), it's just rude and not very compassionate. My Point however, Legality aside, was that It's not UN-Ethical.
...IT'S <gasp>

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:04 am

Please, everyone drop the issue, I'll even ask Phade to delete the post if it will stop the dwelling on the one negative point of a great convention. I can't stand people who were getting along so awesome in person arguing over a point so trivial. The pictures are deleted from my host, so hopefully they will become a moot point soon... I wish I hadn't touched off that powder keg, but whats done is done, and it can't be changed.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Return to “Anime Conventions”