Yaoi-con AMV Gathering?

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
anneke
Org Profile

Yaoi-con AMV Gathering?

Post by anneke » Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:56 pm

Okay... Yaoi-con is coming soon, and there won't be many of us at the convention, but those who are, want to get together and have lunch or dinner? I suggest we meet at the AMV panel and hangout afterwards.

I am on the AMV panel (I think running it again), and could use some other people on the panel. So if you would like to be on the panel, let me know. The panel tends to be on the low-tech side, and we most likely won't have equipment for showing videos.

Anneke

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:59 pm

I'll probably be at Yaoi-con and I'd be glad to serve along the panel as well. How long is the panel though? I'm with my girlfriend and no one else so I'm not likely to abandon her for the panel so I need to know it's length. i'll probably be able to make it as well as a gathering after.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

anneke
Org Profile

Giggle

Post by anneke » Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:12 pm

The Panel is usually scheduled for only one hour. I wouldn't worry about being by yourself at the convention. I went by myself last year, and came out of the convention with some of the best of friends (several of which I have seen out side of conventions since then). So if you and your girlfriend go your seperate ways at times, I think you'll both survive. ;)

I'm giggling because it will be fun to have a male on our panel. It will also give you something to do. So plan on being on the panel. It's currently scheduled for 10am-11am on Sunday, but that may change.
Oh bring CDs of your stuff to hand out/or atleast exchange. (I think I have your stuff, but a new CD of your stuff doesn't hurt).

Anneke

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:08 pm

Fruit Baskets

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:55 pm

Yeah that's fine, I just downloaded some trial versions of some VCD programs so I'll have a VCD this time instead of just a data CD. I can probabley make ten am no problem. I now feel bad for my girlfriend on anther level in that you said thingssell out really fast and we can't get to teh con really until the saturday, I have the friday still at school and then I have to fly down to california.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

alatri
Org Profile

panel at Yaoi-Con

Post by alatri » Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:13 pm

{giggles} You *think* you're running it, Anneke? ;-) If it helps, Mimi has you down on the event shedule for it, so I'd say yes, you're running it. :D

I doubt if they'll have larger showing screens, but if the gathering is small enough, I could bring my laptop and you could show the videos on it. ? Or I could try and bring in a small tv and a dvd player that plays vcds... That actually should be pretty doable if I bring in my own stuff.

I'm not running anything else this year, so unless they do something screwy with the schedules, I'll be there. :) {rummages through the list} Eh, right now, they've got it for 10am Sunday morning. (I hate mornings... :( )

Smiles,
-- Larissa ^..^

anneke
Org Profile

hehehe

Post by anneke » Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:15 pm

WiredKnight said he would be willing, so that gives use two, and I think I have a third and maybe even fourth, just need to e-mail and check.

I'll see about making flyers this year with URLs and such to help with making AMVs. I'm already making CDs of my stuff to hand out, so I don't think there will be enough time for me to make the CDs I made last year with the instruction files and everything on them.

Anneke

alatri
Org Profile

Post by alatri » Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:33 pm

I've still got my copy of the CD you made last year, if you want me to make copies of it. I can probably get out enough for the panel room. I'll just have to find where I put it first...

-- Lari ^..^

anneke
Org Profile

Hi

Post by anneke » Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:46 am

If you want to make a few copies, that's fine. This year I'm going to go the flyer/hand out method I think it may be more useful.

Oh and there are now three panelists. The third being Mary McDonald. She made the video that won fan favorite last year, (and someother award).

Anneke

Return to “Anime Conventions”