Anime Expo 2004 AMV Gathering

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:46 am

Well, since my vids didn't make it into the semi finals, I guess if it's alright, I'll bring my AMV entries on CD for all to see.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:34 am

I hope I can get free parking like last year, since I didn't have to pay a dime for it all 4 days... 8)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:48 pm

Kazz wrote:Damn, I hope at least the stuffed shells don't have meat in them. I don't know how many other vegetarians are going, but there are at least 2. Perhaps they'll give just the two of us a little pepperoni-less pizza or a different entree if we ask...I guess we'll have to see.

The rest of it sounds good though. Gotta' remember to get enough cash before we go... See you all at the hotel. :)
Spaghetti Marinara is just a tomato sauce, there is no meat in it. To my knowledge teh stuffed shells stuffed with cheese (I could be mistaken on that) so at least those two dishes should be ok and I don't see why they couldn't make just a cheese pizza. I tried to compensate for varying tastes when I set up the menu.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Kazz
Org Profile

Post by Kazz » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:07 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:I tried to compensate for varying tastes when I set up the menu.
I understand, it's cool. I think the stuffed shells are probably just cheese too, and I guess we'll see about the pizza and stuff, but it should be fine. It's not as simple as a "varying tastes" thing though...it's more like an alergy or somethin'. If you're a vegetarian, you just don't eat meat. Ever. ;) We're used to having less choices than this when someone else sets the menu though, so really, it's a'right. :)

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:36 am

Well, just a few more hours before my flight takes off. So I'll be seein ya guys at the Gathering & the con.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:09 am

I wish I could go... So many people I know down there... But I can only go to so many Events each year and the costs from Canada are quite high :cry: ...

Vlad

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:19 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:I wish I could go... So many people I know down there... But I can only go to so many Events each year and the costs from Canada are quite high :cry: ...
boooo... come next year :O

Pwolf

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:46 am

AX has improved quite a bit from 2002....
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:34 pm

I agree with Castor, 2002 was a complete disaster all around but as of last year and hopefullyt his year AX has redeamed itself in my book. I think they realized taht 2002 was a terrible fiasco that left a bad taste in most of the con goer's mouths. Organization, lines, effiency, all around AX has improved by scores.
BANG

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:59 pm

This is the final reminder before the gathering at AX so I'm dropping it by now before teh majority of those flying or driving get on their way (I know a few leaving tommorow).

Place: Buca di Beppo (Approx four minutes drive from the convention center)
Price: $28 flat charge, slightly more if you want alcohol.
Meeting: Everyone meets 6:30 in the Hilton Lobby to give me their money and so we can work out who rides with who since not everyone has a car. When you get down there look for a guy with long hair and either in a long black coat or a cowboy duster, odds are, it's me.
Reservation: 7:00 PM (giving us half an horu to work otu rides, collect money and get going).

I think that should clarify everything. See you all there.

-Sean Thordsen
BANG

Return to “Anime Conventions”