Anime Expo 2004 AMV Gathering

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:42 pm

hmmm only a few more days left... should be a blast :O

Pwolf

Juicy J
Org Profile

Post by Juicy J » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:06 am

meh, i cant go to this thing...i do live within 10 minutes of the convention center, and probably this place too...but im busy up until thursday night, and thursday night i'll be in the pre-reg line at the hilton getting my badge....so hopefully i'll just run into you guys at the con... (TallonKarrde23 = me...obviously, just incase you hadnt realized :roll: ) so yeah...maybe if they have it here again next year i'll be able to make it...but football and summer school are keeping me busy till the actual con itself :cry:

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:15 am

Ok, this isn't the final notice on the gathering. I'll post one more reminder later this week with all the info. I've been on and off the phone with Buca di Beppo these last few days to set this event up and I have some important info to drop by you guys.

With a party this large we have a set party menu, you will have a few choices buyt the full menu is not avaiable. Along with this comes a set price that EVERYONE must pay, we aren't ordering whatever we please and working out the bill like the last couple of times. This is for two reasons, one it makes working out the bill easier and two it is a restaurant policy that I allready tweaked a bit. The set price ranges between $21 and $27 for dinner (based on the menu available, I'm working that out with Buca di Beppo tommorow). So plan ahead, that is the cost.

Secondly, as you guys know I typically compensate with a few extra people in the reservation than normal in order to set up for people who arrive unexpectedly or with extra guests. Typically BdB's policy is that for anyone that does not show, we still get charged for (so for everyone that did not show and those I would be compensating for, we would have to pay their bill). Also, they normally won't seat us till absolutely everyone from the party is present. However, there is good news, I talked to them and they are willing to seat us so long as the majority of the party is there (at least thirty of our fourty) AND we will only be charged for people present (so if there is a noshow, we don't have to compensate for their bill). So we guarentee that we don't get stuck with everyone else's bill.

Now there is a catch to that though, if you arrive AFTER the main portion is seated you run the risk of the extra tables set aside for us being given to other customers, so I cannot stress enough that you HAVE to be on time if you wish to attend the event.

That said I figured the best way to combat the problems above is as I said, please meet in the Hilton Lobby half an hour before the gathering, this will give us time to figure out who is riding with who and I can collect the money in advance so as to avoid the problem last time (this is advisable since then we guarentee we pay, assure those who show to go to the restaurant and generally make things easier). From here we can all head over to the restaurant, I'll print copies of directions for everyone if that helps. I'll be there in a large cowboy duster or black coat, I'm a guy with long hair, I'm not hard to miss. I can even bring my broadsword if that would make things easier (although this is an anime convention that could make things harder.)

Ok, that took a while, finally, here is the list of people:

Philip Long
Qui Nguyen + 2 guests
Troy
Peter Stoll + 5 guests
Eric Weiner + 1 guest
Castor
Ikasu
NeoHentaiMaster
Shenotski
Scott Grasso
Joey Grasso
Todd Gianini
Nic Niedenbach
Donna Hutt
Sean Thordsen + 3 guests
David Seapy
James Bell
Anneke + 1 Guest
Brad Demoss
Tommy Rude
Richard Cilley
ProphetDK + 2 guests
kazz + 2 guests
Dark Schneider

Totaling 40 people, I'll have a copy of this list with me in the Hilton lobby and at the restaurant for use and reference. I am not accepting anymore reservations at this time, with less than a week before the con this is how it is.

Man that took a while, I hope this clears up anything you might be wondering about. If you have an questions feel free to post or e-mail me. I'll have a full reminder with all the restaurant info and times up within the next couple of days, I need to give my fingers a rest right now.

-Sean Thordsen
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:29 am

Whew, looks like I made the list just in time. Thanks Wired Knight.

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:46 am

Yeah, I'll have to be early in the Pre Reg Line so I can make it. I'm already pre registered so all thats left is to grab my con badge and grab a taxi to Boci in Garden Grove. I understand how you feel Juicy J. ::Damn, I'm glad I did Pre Reg when I did::

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:28 pm

AX still hasn't gotten back to me about my volunteer badge yet so if I don't get one, I'll probably pick up my badge around 9-9:30pm before registration closes. The line is pretty much non existant at that time :)

Just a word of advice so anyone's not trapped in the line before the dinner.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:34 pm

Ok, I just set the menu (it is banquet setting afterall) so guys here is the cost and your choices.

ANTIPASTI
Garlic Bread

INSALATE
Caesar Salad

PIZZA
Pepperoni (with pepperoncini)

PASTA
Spaghetti Marinara, Stuffed Shells

ENTRÉE
Chicken Parmigiana

SIDES
Garlic Mashed Potatoes

DESSERT
Tiramisu

This includes food, non-alcoholic beverages, tax and gratuity. All parties will be charged for a minimum of 25 people. Buca di Beppo will determine quantities based on seating arrangement.

The prise is $27.95 per person, this is a flat rate and includes tax and tip (18% for a party this large) so plan ahead everyone, I'm collecting money before we leave the Hilton. The event is at 7:00 PM (the reservation) So I'd like to meet in the hilton lobby at 6:30. Alcoholic beverages should be available upon request, I have to check that with them. So now you know. The last minute notice will go out this Wed.

-Sean Thordsen
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:05 pm

Bad news guys, no laptop for amvs this time since my dad is working that day and he needs it. :(

If anyone else could bring a laptop, please do. I'll definitely be at the con early around 3-4pm since I really want to catch up on some serious GBA playing and being at home is a distraction :P Luckily I have a 5 day weekend off work thanks to July 4th. Plus I'll be able to hold around 4 passengers in my car if you can stand me playing video game remixes. 8)

Major RVG nagging will be done to 3-4 certain people as well depending if I'm not too busy eating my pizza. :twisted:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:39 pm

i'm brining my laptop, but the screen wont stay up and the drive doesn't like to stay closed :\ but if no one bring's their's then i guess it can do...

Pwolf

Kazz
Org Profile

Post by Kazz » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:01 am

Damn, I hope at least the stuffed shells don't have meat in them. I don't know how many other vegetarians are going, but there are at least 2. Perhaps they'll give just the two of us a little pepperoni-less pizza or a different entree if we ask...I guess we'll have to see.

The rest of it sounds good though. Gotta' remember to get enough cash before we go... See you all at the hotel. :)

Return to “Anime Conventions”