Anime Express 7 this weekend!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Onegai
Org Profile

Anime Express 7 this weekend!

Post by Onegai » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:56 pm

Anyone going?

Here's some data, courtesy of anime-cons.com...

Date: March 19-21, 2004
Daytona Beach, FL
At-Door Rates: $10 weekend; $5 to $7 per day
Programming
and Events:
Video Programming:
Anime Screenings
AMV Contest
Costume Events:
Masquerade / Cosplay Competition
Music Programming:
Dance
Karaoke
Game Programming:
Video Gaming
Other Events:
Dealers' Room
Game Shows
Guests: Steve Bennett (Co-Founder, Studio Ironcat)

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:28 am

Great times as always! :D
DV is my hero for so many more reasons! :lol: But gooddamned if we'll be invited back. :cry: After those idiots that went around vandalizing everything, and the complete dipshits that found it necessary to over tax the elevator, I find it difficult to imagine them inviting all of us back. Which is in and of itself a sad state of events. But on the good notes the dealer room was much bigger this year, more room to stand exc. And the Game room was far more organized than I ever remember seeing it. But more importantly the AMV contest was great! We had a number of great entrees. Including the 2 that didn't get played. Tornado Vasectomy and Short People (the only SD gundam vid I will ever endorse). It was organized and just all around fun. And the turn out was the best I can recall at any AE con. Thanx to all those who entered, I loved watching the vids and congtrats to the winners!

And everybody say...

8) Shameless! 8)

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Re: Anime Express 7 this weekend!

Post by Mr Pilkington » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:30 am

Onegai wrote:Guests: Steve Bennett (Co-Founder, Studio Ironcat)
*Jabba the Hut laugh**

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:32 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:Great times as always! :D
DV is my hero for so many more reasons! :lol: But gooddamned if we'll be invited back. :cry: After those idiots that went around vandalizing everything, and the complete dipshits that found it necessary to over tax the elevator, I find it difficult to imagine them inviting all of us back. Which is in and of itself a sad state of events. But on the good notes the dealer room was much bigger this year, more room to stand exc. And the Game room was far more organized than I ever remember seeing it. But more importantly the AMV contest was great! We had a number of great entrees. Including the 2 that didn't get played. Tornado Vasectomy and Short People (the only SD gundam vid I will ever endorse). It was organized and just all around fun. And the turn out was the best I can recall at any AE con. Thanx to all those who entered, I loved watching the vids and congtrats to the winners!

And everybody say...

8) Shameless! 8)
There were a LOT more that didnt get played, and good job on winning comedy, were still discussing Anime Express in the Anime Express Forums, head on over there and talk about AE until it comes back!
http://www.orangeanime.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=13 also add feedback on what needs to be changed and you liked about the con!
hope to see even more people there next year~!

Return to “Anime Conventions”