A new Shoujocon thread

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Fungie½
Org Profile

A new Shoujocon thread

Post by Fungie½ » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:36 pm

Okay, there have been like 4 Shoujocon threads and they ALL have fallen through due to the fact that Otakon and AWA are overpowering our tiny civilization of shoujo fans :( But alas, here is a brand spankin' new thread about Shoujocon, the tiny little con in Rye Brook, New York being held August 22-24! Just wondering who's going and if you all wanted to get together. Apparently there's going to be an AMV panel but with no panelists... odd. We can meet there. Since there's nothing planned for the Otakon AMV panel, I'm gonna try and make some tapes of some videos I like/have as well as show some from Yaoicon 2002 if we get the tape from Larissa (alatri here on the org). Dunno though. I'll e-mail Shoujocon and figure out what's going on. So, let's make plans!!!

KenShimazu
Org Profile

Post by KenShimazu » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:14 am

I'll be there on saturday being that it's only 30 minutes away and stuff

Fuzzy from Genki Genki will be there also, i'm all up for meeting at the AMV Panel with no panelests ^^

Ken
"WOW THIS IS A GREAT VIEW!!" says I
"Yeah just don't trip..." says he
"Don't...AH crap!!!" says I as i roll down MT Fuji....

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:37 am

Turns out there will be an AMV panel with panelists, so look forward to that ^^ Ummm if you wanna have an AMV get together and eat food and watch vids for a while that's cool. Dunno time/place though.

KenShimazu
Org Profile

Post by KenShimazu » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:18 am

i'm all up for it as i said, looks like i'll be there friday and saturday (have two days off this week whoot!) so maybe a pre-gathering of sorts to figure out when and where, and officially do something on Saturday would be the best thing to do.

some suggestions for meeting up

after the AMV panel - someone yells out for all creators to get together

before or after the first showing of the Music vid Track (there IS a AMV track right? ^^; )

ummm someone pick a room and meet there and just get drunk (for those that can drink)

or...well...heck i'm outa suggestions already (it's late)

any good idea's post em up!

Ken

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:08 am

I was planning on doing some kinda gathering. What I thought is that we could crash the Clubhouse on Friday night, but please, I'm not really up for drinking cuz I'm kinda underage for one and for two I'm not huge on the smell of alcohol. But hey, something would be nice! Any times would be very nice to suggest. I'll be there Friday and Saturday and I'll be with some Utena cosplayers in their PJ outfits (I'll be Miki ^^) so I shouldn't be too hard to find. If you see me just say Hi!

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:35 pm

I'll be there ofcourse. I'll be Utena most of the weekend. I have the ballgown, the Pjs, and my new outfit for the cosplay contest. (Happy!)

Anneke (Tailor on Naritus... Wait...I mean Baka Deshi Productions)
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:46 pm

I'll be with Anneke most of the time since she's my best buddy. Anneke: We must teach Anthy and Nanami the ways of AMVing. (grin)

KenShimazu
Org Profile

Post by KenShimazu » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:22 pm

you won't miss me
i'll be the one in an odd hat with the fatigue jacket with the mithril patch, i'll be floating around

Ken

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:44 pm

Okay I'll look for you ^^ Perhaps we should all meet at the AMV contest?

KenShimazu
Org Profile

Post by KenShimazu » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:38 am

Probably the best idea....being that well...i have no clue what you guys look like in RL...

oh...if you go to my website there's a pic of me there. that'll help ya find me ^^

ken

Return to “Anime Conventions”