OTAKON - Results, report and review

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
hackerzc
Org Profile

Con report posted

Post by hackerzc » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:32 pm

For anyone interested, I have just posted my rather lengthy con report here:

http://westware.8m.com/CONREP/Otakon/2002/report.html
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:56 am

Wow. Just read John's Otakon 2002 report. *whew*

Just have three comments:

1) No 't' in my last name!
2) You forgot to say that you thought I was stalking you back to your room. Heh heh heh. And "great?" Damn, that's embarassing! I think, "I was sorely disappointed at the complete exhausted mess of an AMV creator that greeted me at my door" would have been more accurate. :oops:
3) That WAS a kick-ass costume.

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Wed Jul 31, 2002 10:17 am

Scott A Melzer wrote:Wow. Just read John's Otakon 2002 report. *whew*

Just have three comments:

1) No 't' in my last name!
2) You forgot to say that you thought I was stalking you back to your room. Heh heh heh. And "great?" Damn, that's embarassing! I think, "I was sorely disappointed at the complete exhausted mess of an AMV creator that greeted me at my door" would have been more accurate. :oops:
3) That WAS a kick-ass costume.
Thanks for the feedback Scott, one question though. Is it ok if I leave the "t" in it for now, cause it took two days to write the thing (11 pages long), and it would take hours just to go through again and change it?

I will go it tonight if I remember, but I just don't have that kind of time right now.
John Westbrook

Patches
Org Profile

Post by Patches » Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:27 pm

I think you missed the whole concept here. This video took place in an alternate reality
Well, yeah, we got that much. We understood the whole story and exactly what you were trying to convey. The only thing is that we couldn't figure out why. But alternate reality or not, most people I knew viewed them as Spike, Ryo, and Myung. Three characters from three separate shows who were, for some unknown reason, thrown together into a love triangle.

Hey, it's just our opinion. I still think it was an awesome editing job.

And thanks to everyone who gave me links to/names of videos I saw.

---
"If I had a nickel for every time I heard that..."
"You'd have a dime."

hackerzc
Org Profile

Kung Pow

Post by hackerzc » Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:04 pm

Hey guys, I just finish watching the movie "Kung Pow" for the first time and I all I kept thinking was "this could so be an anime fan parody". Well, if it was done to anime anyway. Very funny. Check it out.
John Westbrook

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:25 am

Patches wrote:
Well, yeah, we got that much. We understood the whole story and exactly what you were trying to convey. The only thing is that we couldn't figure out why. But alternate reality or not, most people I knew viewed them as Spike, Ryo, and Myung. Three characters from three separate shows who were, for some unknown reason, thrown together into a love triangle.
I just did it to do something very different and try to tell an original story using familiar characters. Thanks for your comments...

Vlad

KSweeley
Org Profile

Post by KSweeley » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:43 pm

I've just discovered this forum from an email I received, I attended Otakon 2002, I had alot of fun and I really liked some of the AMVs I saw during Otakon 2002. I hope that Otakon 2003 will be a lot of fun, let's hope it won't be very hot at Otakon 2003 like it was at Otakon 2001... It was very hot at Otakon 2001...

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:28 am

KSweeley wrote:I've just discovered this forum from an email I received, I attended Otakon 2002, I had alot of fun and I really liked some of the AMVs I saw during Otakon 2002. I hope that Otakon 2003 will be a lot of fun, let's hope it won't be very hot at Otakon 2003 like it was at Otakon 2001... It was very hot at Otakon 2001...
Well hey, last year was super hot for me. I was walking around dressed as a fully armored version of Kazuki Fuse from Jin-Roh
see pic here: http://westware.8m.com/CONREP/Otakon/20 ... 20John.jpg

The pic is like a megabyte so let it load
John Westbrook

KSweeley
Org Profile

Post by KSweeley » Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:14 am

hackerzc wrote:
KSweeley wrote:I've just discovered this forum from an email I received, I attended Otakon 2002, I had alot of fun and I really liked some of the AMVs I saw during Otakon 2002. I hope that Otakon 2003 will be a lot of fun, let's hope it won't be very hot at Otakon 2003 like it was at Otakon 2001... It was very hot at Otakon 2001...
Well hey, last year was super hot for me. I was walking around dressed as a fully armored version of Kazuki Fuse from Jin-Roh
see pic here: http://westware.8m.com/CONREP/Otakon/20 ... 20John.jpg

The pic is like a megabyte so let it load
Cool costume! I had a great time at Otakon, hey maybe you could IM me sometime and talk about your Otakon experiences and anime, I have AIM, my SN is WeezingPok

Return to “Anime Conventions”