Anime Expo Documentary is done...Akon is coming soon!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:06 pm

I ain't no slut ;_;
CYRAX - Visit my site at <a href="http://maglauncher.net">http://maglauncher.net</a>

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:16 am

jescaflowne wrote: It's a little known secret that all men are whores :wink:

*phew* Looks like my ugly face didn't make the cut :D I get to remain elusive! muhaha...well, at least until AWA.

Hey Machine, it's too bad you didn't get on tape the infamous paper airplane voyage, that would be worth revisiting a few times for me :)
Actually, I decided to drop the whoel Sex for Dummies thing. Saving it for Akon's Doc. Hehe and no ur not ugly :P

But I'll be at AWA8 this time....so this time everyoen is gonna make the cut! :twisted:

anneke
Org Profile

15,000!

Post by anneke » Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:42 am

"It's a 15,000 dollar screen, and it's been Pierced!"

That is one damn expensive piercing.

Anneke

Eek-1
Org Profile

Post by Eek-1 » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:45 am

...now I'm With You but I might Runaway By Myself because youre Pushing Me Away and I've Forgotten all the... Points Of Authority...
Hahaha..! That was hillarious!! Because it didn't make sense! Another funny one was that guy cosplaying.. what? Grim Reaper? -- funny seeing the head as he's going downstairs. That, and you ppl gathering.

Man, the lines were bad, and ppl actually could stand for hours just to get into the hall. They're all really Otakus!

Epochof7
Org Profile

Post by Epochof7 » Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:59 pm

Carlos and I were bad... we just kept cutting in about 50 feet from the front of the line :D I guess most of the people there were too pissed off to care that we just cut.

My fav bit about the whole "screen piercing" deal was seeing him get up on the ladder and poke it out... I dunno why it was so funny to me, but it was ;)

My fav bit that didn't make thie final cut in the Doc was me harassing what ended up being one of Anneke's friends (The big black thingie you saw walking down the stairs in the Doc).... I was just trying to find out if it was a guy or a girl!! (Wait... that makes it sound even worse... oh well! :D)

And you can't tell it in the video, but the "Brown Bag Specials" teeth were grey and brown :shock: it was.... very bad, and also very dissapointing...

anneke
Org Profile

The black thing

Post by anneke » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:10 pm

The big black thing that was wobbling down the stairs was my best friend.
She is actually part of Baka Deshi Productions, and made my logo even.

The costume is of Larva from Vampire Princess Miyu.
If you have seen Vampire Princess Miyu, Larva is the big black thing that is usually standing behind her.

The costume was made using a harness that she wears on her back so the costume's head is about a foot above her own. Yes it's a she under that costume. She is a great wild person, and most likely had a blast being harased and chased around. (I was often chasing her around the halls at Fanime).

Anneke

anneke
Org Profile

Black thing2

Post by anneke » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:11 pm

Oh for those people at AMV gathering/dinner at AX, she was my guest. She wasn't around much, but if you saw me hugging some strange girl with cat ears, that was the girl in the black thing later on.

Anneke

Red Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Red Wolf » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:13 pm

A third server hosting the Anime Expo Documentary is up and running. This server is hosting the same video in QuickTime format since Macs can't heard the audio on the original AVI version but it should be viewable for Mac or PC running QuickTime.

http://homepage.mac.com/red_wolf/AnimeE ... entary.mov[/url]

BigName
Org Profile

Post by BigName » Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:33 am

LOL, just downloaded and was pleasantly surprised to hear my expletives at the AMV contest... if you listen carefully after the main tech guy makes THE announcement about field reversal you can hear me say rather clearly 'What the FUCK?!"

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:30 am

dokidoki wrote:Here's my stoopid speech at the panel:

Q: Has there ever been a series or song you felt was totally overused?

A: On my way here, I got a Papercut, so I started Crawling to A Place For My Head. As I got One Step Closer, I realised that In The End, it didn't really matter, because I'd found A Cure For The Itch.

But now I'm With You, but I may Runaway, By Myself because you're Pushing Me Away and I've Forgotten all the Points Of Authority.

(the last one makes no sense, but it was written at like 2AM)
And, with me not knowing one iota of Linkin Park, had no frickin' clue what you were talking about. So not only didn't not make sense, I didn't get the joke. Thus, I was trying -veeeerry hard- not to look stupid on stage. I probably failed miserably, but hey... whatever it takes to get a laugh. ^_^

Machine, if you're willing to make another documentary next year, I'll put it on DVD if you'll give me a high quality copy of it. Next year I'm going to try to organize a DVD compilation of notable videos from AX2003's AMV contest.

-Troy, the GOD of necroposting!

Return to “Anime Conventions”